Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2009 - Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Re: Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

i have stayed at the new garden several times..........before the new wing was opened. I have moved away from the dr.

i only had one minor fuckup that i detailed in my trip reports otherwise i was ok with the new garden and if ever went back to the dr i would stay there again.

the electrical wiring looks ok for the dr.........especially when you compare it to cuba or thailland..........hardwireing it in keeps the petty theives from stealing it or throwing it thru the window
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

not much experience but i stayed at the ng and didnt have a problem. any issue which were small on the level of hey my tv isnt working or somethign like that anything was taken care of hell he even let me pick my room once i got there... and my logic is ok a handful of people have had bad experiences although i appreciate their stories if they are full all the time something must be ok

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I think we covered everything.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New garden what a disaster

Going to just give warning to anyone booking there for the future...First i will say i have stayed there twice in the last year and was just perfect rooms, staff. and everything was so organized so i loved the new garden dint even look to book elsewhere... This time i booked two rooms for me and my wingman and another wingman booked a room on his own so my group of 3 and 3 rooms... I have confirmation printed rooms dates and new wing and king beds in my two rooms confirmed aswell as my other mate...
    I confirmed this twice within 30 days of arrival when i booked picked up got one email from lorenzo and one from jenny everything is good to go u are confirmed....My other mate did aswell right after we heard winfred left to double check....We show up jenny informs us we have just two rooms can two of us share a room for one night..I said hell no i dint come to sousa to share a room. So she says we can put one in hotel i never even heard of for one night and back here saturday of course and pay full ng price too for it.Then my wingman and i go to our two rooms both with double beds so small so i go right back to office and she has no clue what happen....All she can say is stay there one night and we try to move u on saturday to room with king bed....I was pissed i got lucky and got room at terra linda which was perfect alot better anyway and my wingman just stayed at NG....first two days he was there they took his key off the board behind the desk and gave it to customer to check in and they went to his room... One of the guys was my other friend when he came back after his one night away she gave him key and went to room and saw all my buddy stuff in that room...He goes back to office and says someone is in that room she has no clue what to do...Sad part to all this is lorenzo there whole time and dont even say one word to my group the whole time just sends jenny to tell us everything...This place is just a mess right now..Please do whatever to get wilfred back was so smooth when he was there....Just heads up i had email 15 days prior to arrival and 5 days prior with pick up and still all screwed up...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 391 Posts

Re: New garden what a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by alanchar View Post
    Going to just give warning to anyone booking there for the future...First i will say i have stayed there twice in the last year and was just perfect rooms, staff. and everything was so organized so i loved the new garden dint even look to book elsewhere... This time i booked two rooms for me and my wingman and another wingman booked a room on his own so my group of 3 and 3 rooms... I have confirmation printed rooms dates and new wing and king beds in my two rooms confirmed aswell as my other mate...
    I confirmed this twice within 30 days of arrival when i booked picked up got one email from lorenzo and one from jenny everything is good to go u are confirmed....My other mate did aswell right after we heard winfred left to double check....We show up jenny informs us we have just two rooms can two of us share a room for one night..I said hell no i dint come to sousa to share a room. So she says we can put one in hotel i never even heard of for one night and back here saturday of course and pay full ng price too for it.Then my wingman and i go to our two rooms both with double beds so small so i go right back to office and she has no clue what happen....All she can say is stay there one night and we try to move u on saturday to room with king bed....I was pissed i got lucky and got room at terra linda which was perfect alot better anyway and my wingman just stayed at NG....first two days he was there they took his key off the board behind the desk and gave it to customer to check in and they went to his room... One of the guys was my other friend when he came back after his one night away she gave him key and went to room and saw all my buddy stuff in that room...He goes back to office and says someone is in that room she has no clue what to do...Sad part to all this is lorenzo there whole time and dont even say one word to my group the whole time just sends jenny to tell us everything...This place is just a mess right now..Please do whatever to get wilfred back was so smooth when he was there....Just heads up i had email 15 days prior to arrival and 5 days prior with pick up and still all screwed up...
    We all knew this was going to start to happen. This is the way it was before Wilfried started working there.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

Fuck how can you trust a place that might give your key to a stranger?

I am glad that I booked somewhere else.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alanchar View Post
    Thank You for bring these Serious Issues to our attention.
    Sounds like Terra Linda is going to be getting a lot more business. So unless something has changed since I have been in Colombia not reading Sosua threads Wilfried left and has remained gone for quite sometime so that would seem final. After New Garden raised their rates to $55 for the Old Rooms and the newer ones are over $60 I knew that people would see that for $62 Terra Linda was a very Good and Valid Option as many members like Tiger have posted staying there.

Looks like at $62 plus business for Terra Linda and of course the same for Don up at the Palms with some good rates and a nice pool. I am sure Rockies is getting plus business as well at lower prices than NG.

Hotel D'Piero with rooms for $35 and $40 for the larger ones and $50 for apartments with all three room types offering everything NG has like breakfast included plus at Residence D'Piero he throws in Airport Transportation on stays 3 days or longer and there is a Jacuzzi.

Lots of options available

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Terra Linda could make a major move right now, and have guarenteed bookings to full capacity, for quite some time.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Terra Linda could make a major move right now, and have guarenteed bookings to full capacity, for quite some time.
    You are subtle but I bet that went up and over some.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

I am hoping New Garden get their act together. We already have a problem with TL's inconsistent pricing, if they had full capacity their price would go close to $100us. I am not worried though,the New Garden patrons want to see those hard cores hanging around the hotel and knocking on their door, at any hour. That will not happen in the TL.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTNT40 View Post
    I am hoping New Garden get their act together. We already have a problem with TL's inconsistent pricing, if they had full capacity their price would go close to $100us. I am not worried though,the New Garden patrons want to see those hard cores hanging around the hotel and knocking on their door, at any hour. That will not happen in the TL.
    Only some people like that I agree on TL if they stick to the price they quoted of $62 for ISOC they will do great or even at their $69 price but if they go to $100 that won't work for most people

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Only some people like that I agree on TL if they stick to the price they quoted of $62 for ISOC they will do great or even at their $69 price but if they go to $100 that won't work for most people
    At one time they were charging $79 ,and their rooms were empty. I can only imagine what they would do if they had full capacity like the New Garden.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

in my opinion terra linda's management are idiots. i have 7 pple going to sosua in march. i called andre and willie to get a 'group' rate, they tell me 'no group rates during that time'...i am like you will turn down the money of 7 pple? you have 7 pple in your hotel at the restaurant, bar and tipping the maids and you do not want that money? i am not paying $69 bux a night for a queen bed...not going to do it. tl is nice but its not that nice....and then its $79-$89 for a king? most of the time tl is empty. i dont think they have a core group like ng. i told willie about the boards but i dont think he cares. I think tl business model is that they are the prettiest chick on the block and pple will spend their money there….even if that is the case they still must provide good customer service and at least act like they care…..i read a report on one of these boards where a guy was complaining about the internet signal and tl management walked out the back and asked the guy working the front desk when is the customer checking out and the guy said today and then the manager/owner said ‘good’…imagine that..i don’t think tl gives a shyt…
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Thanks for the info.

I just booked 2 nights at BB's and am planning 3 days in Sosua next month. I've been undecided about whether to go the cheap route and stay at Rockies for the first time or stay at NG like usual because I like the pool area and annoying, but sometimes convenient on-site chicas at NG.

This definitely helps me to think the decision out more. From what I understand TL costs a little more, but is a great value and D'Piero is a great value albeit sounds a little far for me to walk to drunk from Classicos or to the beach. I'm rolling solo this trip March 16-21/22 if anyone will be around.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Thank You for bring these Serious Issues to our attention.
    Sounds like Terra Linda is going to be getting a lot more business. So unless something has changed since I have been in Colombia not reading Sosua threads Wilfried left and has remained gone for quite sometime so that would seem final. After New Garden raised their rates to $55 for the Old Rooms and the newer ones are over $60 I knew that people would see that for $62 Terra Linda was a very Good and Valid Option as many members like Tiger have posted staying there.

Looks like at $62 plus business for Terra Linda and of course the same for Don up at the Palms with some good rates and a nice pool. I am sure Rockies is getting plus business as well at lower prices than NG.

Hotel D'Piero with rooms for $35 and $40 for the larger ones and $50 for apartments with all three room types offering everything NG has like breakfast included plus at Residence D'Piero he throws in Airport Transportation on stays 3 days or longer and there is a Jacuzzi.

Lots of options available
    You guys should try: http://www.hotelcasacayena.com it is 2 minutes from NG I stayed there twice and was more then happy. It is full of potential wing men, chica friendly, good food, cold beer and nice pool.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

bye the way, i paid 50 dollars for the room, no fee for chica entry, and the staff are very cool. A few cute chicas work there.
    http://www.hotelcasacayena.com

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ctp1812 View Post
    You guys should try: http://www.hotelcasacayena.com it is 2 minutes from NG I stayed there twice and was more then happy. It is full of potential wing men, chica friendly, good food, cold beer and nice pool.
    Their breakfast is great, and their staff is beautiful, but that Hotel really doesnt compare to the TL. I think the TL is a 3 star and the Casa Cayena is more like a 1 or 2 star. The Casa Cayena is more on par with a Hotel like the Europa. The TL is the only Hotel, that I've been to in a 3rd world country with a swimming with over 5 ft of water. The TL pool have 8ft of water.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Any update on Wilfred and what he is doing or going to do?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ctp1812 View Post
    bye the way, i paid 50 dollars for the room, no fee for chica entry, and the staff are very cool. A few cute chicas work there.
    http://www.hotelcasacayena.com

i know shyt happens but i stayed at casa cayena and their water pump went out for a whole night. i just arrived thinking i was going to have a fresh shower and some pum pum, went to the bathroom NO FUKING WATER..i go downstairs and they said that it will be on soon...i had a hot bitch meet me at the hotel but i felt musty bc i was on a long flight. i ended up fuking but cldnt wash off the pum pum...lol...i bought some water and rinsed myself down but felt nasty...i want to classicos that night but didnt feel fresh. i woke up the nxt morning and checked the hell out..they didnt offer a discount or anything...but i assume that was just a bad day/night..

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTNT40 View Post
    Their breakfast is great, and their staff is beautiful, but that Hotel really doesnt compare to the TL. I think the TL is a 3 star and the Casa Cayena is more like a 1 or 2 star. The Casa Cayena is more on par with a Hotel like the Europa. The TL is the only Hotel, that I've been to in a 3rd world country with a swimming with over 5 ft of water. The TL pool have 8ft of water.

Well that explains why there are never any CHICAS in the TL POOL..
    Ever look closely down the beach on a Sunday, 10,000 dominicans, no one is swimming.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information