Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua Hotels/Resorts I visited last week w/pics

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Sosua Hotels/Resorts I visited last week w/pics

I've already done the New Garden Hotel in another thread so I will start this one with SeaBreeze.......
    probably runner up if you need a downtown location with a pool, safe, A/C and half decent room.......
    it's $40US a night and it is Chica friendly..........I liked the place and there were quite a few US mongers staying there when I visited.....if I was on a a tight budget and couldn't get a room at the New Garden......then I wouldn't mind stayin at the SeaBreeze

DSCN0712.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

DSCN0714.JPG

DSCN0715.JPG

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Sosua Hotels/Resorts I visited last week w/pics

the next resort I checked out was the Coco Hotel.........this is a little ways from the action down the road but with the motos it wouldn't be much of a problem getting rides.........it's only $25 a night without A/C and runs $30 to $35 with A/C.......that price with A/C is hard to beat anywhere in the Caribbean.........the had nice rooms and the usual amenities with a nice bar and pool..........plus a great little beach that you get to by this path.....pretty cool.......and for the price you can't go wrong if your on a budget........imagine getting a room and getting laid twice for under $100US a day!
    DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0778.JPG

plus there are some really good places to eat right around the Coco Hotel...........

DSCN0779.JPG

I could see this place being the next New Garden if the Canadian owner got something going with a lot of mongers....and have some half decent Chicas stopping by............

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    I've already done the New Garden Hotel in another thread so I will start this one with SeaBreeze.......
    probably runner up if you need a downtown location with a pool, safe, A/C and half decent room.......
    it's $40US a night and it is Chica friendly..........I liked the place and there were quite a few US mongers staying there when I visited.....if I was on a a tight budget and couldn't get a room at the New Garden......then I wouldn't mind stayin at the SeaBreeze

DSCN0712.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

DSCN0714.JPG

DSCN0715.JPG
    Thanks Rocko the pics are great. I noticed you mentioned safes did you see them and if so were the real safes or those small Sentry locking fireproof letter boxes that others have posted pictures of that can be easily forced open. Also wondering am I correct that they have no dining or bar of any kind or was there one?

Thanks

the next resort I checked out was the Coco Hotel.........this is a little ways from the action down the road but with the motos it wouldn't be much of a problem getting rides.........it's only $25 a night without A/C and runs $30 to $35 with A/C.......that price with A/C is hard to beat anywhere in the Caribbean.........the had nice rooms and the usual amenities with a nice bar and pool..........plus a great little beach that you get to by this path.....pretty cool.......and for the price you can't go wrong if your on a budget........imagine getting a room and getting laid twice for under $100US a day!
    DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0778.JPG

plus there are some really good places to eat right around the Coco Hotel...........

DSCN0779.JPG

I could see this place being the next New Garden if the Canadian owner got something going with a lot of mongers....and have some half decent Chicas stopping by............
    Great info again Rocko only 25 and they have a bar on site wow. I like that room with getting laid twice plan for a hundred bucks that rocks.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 699 Posts

Thanks, don't remember seeing this place before but will look for it next trip. Chica friendly like NG and SB? any room pics?
    Viejo Verde

Blog Entries
    Thanks

SeaBreeze has the infamous Sentry Safes that were bolted down..........

and sorry but I don't have any Coco Hotel rooms shots but I did check out them and they were okay........just standard budget rooms that looked comfortable enough though the New Garden Rooms and SeaBreeze rooms are better........

you'd never get laid twice and have an air conditioned room for under a $100US in Jamaica........or probably most any other country......even Boca Chica would cost you over $100US for two bangs and a room......

still can't believe I was fucking Chicas for $1,000 pesos.......and I turned down a lot of Chicas that only wanted $1,000 pesos.........lol......there were Chicas that walked right up to me and offered themselves for $1,000 for sucky/fucky......even happened at the New Garden from a Chica from Santiago..........wish I found this place twenty years ago.........though I've been going to the DR ten years now.....

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

next place I checked out was the Hotel Voramar.......I really like this place though it is a way from downtown........but if you like Tennis at all.....this is the place for you with it's 5 courts plus a clay court.......great dinning/bar area........and then a nice pool........seemed like there were some mongers enjoying themsevles here.......the owner was a great guy......the rate is $40 a night for a very nice room with patio, air conditioning, TV, etc........if I was going to be in Sosua for more than a week than this might the choice for this guy......

DSCN0784.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

DSCN0787.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0790.JPG

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hotels I checked out that I don't have pics for are Casa Valeria, Hotel Colibri and Rockys..........

Rocky's is infamous and at $25 and $35 it's a good place for mongers too........inexpensive like the Coco Hotel yet is right in town.......nice dining/restaurant/bar area as you enter the place to chat with fellow mongers.....rooms were pretty basic and would due for short term.....

Casa Valeria is right beside the New Garden Hotel and it is a great place but only has 9 rooms and very private........don't expect to bond with other mongers in this place as a lot of couples stay here........and your Chica can't be seen outside the room for the most part......especially by the pool........good place if your an introvert or in the witness protection program or you are having an affair with a Chica while your wife/girlfriend is back at the resort.......only kidding......lol

Hotel Colibri is a classy place and out of all the places I visited most reminds me of Jamaica........big open grounds nicely landscaped......with restaurant/bar/dining area beside huge pool.........the rooms here varied greatly with huge beautiful king size four poster beds down to the traditional nice queen bed rooms......for the money I would go with the standard room for $40 and certainly pick this place if I was staying a week or more........probably the more upscale place to stay for sure......close to Passions too.......though a little bit out of the loop of downtown.......

oh..........I did check out the Calypso on more than one occasion this reach..........lol.......the place needs a couple coats of paint and some remodeling if it wants to keep getting mongers........the smell of mold in this place will knock your socks off........

the biggest challenge for this guy was the transportation in Sosua and the DR for that matter....... I am use to $1US taxis in Jamaica that will give you a ride for 5 or 10 miles for the same $1.........here you got the moto's with their fairly inexpensive rides but I admit I miss getting in a Taxi with a lady and being at the hotel in 5 minutes flat for $1US each......and paying $25US for a ten minute taxi ride from POP airport is almost criminal.......though both times I only paid $20US.......I have rented a car in the DR because of the taxi situation but the drivers in the DR are nuts........lol

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

Anyone have updated info on Romanoff? Before NG let chicas in I stayed there all the time. I know they are still open but when I tried their email earlier this year I never got a response back. It is a decent place to stay but its not ground zero like NG so you will be taking a moto if you didn't rent a car.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

Thanks

next place I checked out was the Hotel Voramar.......I really like this place though it is a way from downtown........but if you like Tennis at all.....this is the place for you with it's 5 courts plus a clay court.......great dinning/bar area........and then a nice pool........seemed like there were some mongers enjoying themsevles here.......the owner was a great guy......the rate is $40 a night for a very nice room with patio, air conditioning, TV, etc........if I was going to be in Sosua for more than a week than this might the choice for this guy......

DSCN0784.JPG

DSCN0786.JPG

DSCN0787.JPG

DSCN0789.JPG

DSCN0790.JPG
    Good stuff Mon, where was those Pool Cats theys got on there website all I see in the pool is guys (early I'm guessing with empty bar).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

I have rented a car in the DR because of the taxi situation but the drivers in the DR are nuts........lol
    That is an understatement! I wouldn't want to risk driving down there. Driving up from Santo Domingo, it's only a highway with 1 lanes and 2 way traffic. Drivers would routinely drive into the other lane into oncoming traffic to get by buses and trucks. Scary stuff. Also, I think it's legal to drink and drive. Our driver (a close friend of a friend that lives down there), drove with an open bottle in one hand! He said it was ok there.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Here a few pictures of Hotel El Colibri taken in March.

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0778.JPG

DSCN0779.JPG

Rocko, thanks for the intel regarding some hotel options in Sosua. I do have to chime in here though about the Coco. In another thread, I wrote about booking that hotel for my August trip. I had high hopes for the place not the least of which was the $25 a night price. I checked in and after two nights I had to get the fuck outta there. To be kind, the rooms are a dump. Beds are full size but their web site advertises them as queens. Water pressure in the shower for my 3rd floor room was a dribble. Thank god the SeaBreeze had a room available when I asked Jihad. Only as a last resort would I tell someone to get a room at the Coco. Only thing I can recommend is the bar. Stop for a drink or two and maybe chat with a chica or the owner. For that end of town the Voramar is the place to be. Stayed there on 2 occasions and it was fine. Loved the bar and the pool. If it is now $40 a night they must have dropped their prices. Both times I paid $45, once during high season and once in low.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

interesting about the Coco Hotel and always great to get feedback cause there is nothing worse than checking into a place that you don't want to be at.......

the rooms the owner showed me at the Vormar were only $40 without breakfast.......and $45 with breakfast.......the Vormar website says about the same and you can get lunch and breakfast for $12.........that's cheap enough.....

I think overall that generally everything is relative to price..........for $30 or $35 a night with A/C you can't expect much........

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post
    That is an understatement! I wouldn't want to risk driving down there. Driving up from Santo Domingo, it's only a highway with 1 lanes and 2 way traffic. Drivers would routinely drive into the other lane into oncoming traffic to get by buses and trucks. Scary stuff. Also, I think it's legal to drink and drive. Our driver (a close friend of a friend that lives down there), drove with an open bottle in one hand! He said it was ok there.
    When we were driving on the North Coast in June it didn't seem any worse than Mexico or Costa Rica. I will reserve judgment until after I have to drive from Sosua to Santiago after Halloween. Petes videos are affecting my sleep.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    Here a few pictures of Hotel El Colibri taken in March.

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    Great pics Daddy thanks. The pool looks fabulous but I seem to remember reading a question about it. Do they allow putas in the pool?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hioctane View Post

I have driven on the DR north coast many times and you are very correct. The lines on the road are only a suggestion. The two lanes are generally 4 or 5 lanes. The lights also seem to be optional. I got used to it after a while and drove like the locals, but it was a lillte scary at first.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

DSCN0776.jpg

DSCN0777.JPG

DSCN0778.JPG

DSCN0779.JPG

Thanks just wondering if you had any pics of the interior of Coco. Oh and by the way this past weekend 10/02 - 10/06 I stayed at Don Antonio and the rooms with A/C and King Size bed, ceiling fan cable, small frig was for $35.00 per night as well, I was in room #303. They also have a pool, and a bar on site, and it is much closer to the action than Cocos, as it is right across from the main pharmacy which is next door to the Texaco gas station, from my room I could see El Flow's. Plus parking on site and night security, and of course chica friendly. A real nice deal, the Administrator is a guy by the name of OBE and their numbers are (809) 571-2662/ (809) 571-4943. Website infor: www.hotel-don-antonio.com and e-mail: info@hotel-don-antonio.com
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tiger89 View Post
    I have driven on the DR north coast many times and you are very correct. The lines on the road are only a suggestion. The two lanes are generally 4 or 5 lanes. The lights also seem to be optional. I got used to it after a while and drove like the locals, but it was a lillte scary at first.
    Hi Tiger bet this last week is killing you. Just noticed something on your clocks about your Bday bash being 98 days which by my math is around Jan. 14 is that right? You are leaving just before me this time but depending on your dates I may catch you for the Bday. What are your Jan. dates?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Hi Tiger bet this last week is killing you. Just noticed something on your clocks about your Bday bash being 98 days which by my math is around Jan. 14 is that right? You are leaving just before me this time but depending on your dates I may catch you for the Bday. What are your Jan. dates?
    You are right about this week. I am really getting excited. It helps to read the trip report from Jimbo as he really does it up right. This week will go by pretty fast though as I have allot to go to get ready.

I will be in sosua from Jan 14th - 22nd with my two wingmen . Already have flights and reservations at the NG. Let me know if you will be in town that week.

By the way....your twins had a great run down the stretch.

My tigers really choked. Hard to believe the lead they had a couple weeks ago.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information