Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 01/2010 - Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Thanks

Smile Re: Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post
    Hey 4u - I'm glad you are finding your way around the board and looking at old threads.
    Have you subscribed yet - it will help you out.

Hotels near the action - it depends on what you are looking for and your experience with third world county hotels.

but you won't go wrong with New Garden hotel - decent rooms, fair price, location spot on for a first time. If you are happy to walk another 2 mins away from the action hotel casa cayena is another good option.

From memory $62 a night for room breakfast and dinner - but we like to get out and try lots of different restaurants as part of our holiday.

What experience do you have of this sort of game?
    Hello thunderstar,
    I tried to but the link I was given didn't work, have PMed admin about it
    Well I stayed at new garden before, have stayed in all different types of hotels, but since I'll be in sosua for two weeks I don't wanna be stuck stuck somewhere I can't stand. Though if my current finances would allow, I would look at just going somewhere like terra linda. just looking for a decent hotel (no cockroaches or bugs of ay sort clean, short walk to PC street and where security is good.

Read a bad review of casa cayena, i believe on this site of a guy who had cash stolen from his safe despite having stayed there a number of times. so I'll avoid that place. At New Garden I believe i payed 60 a night including breakfast, tried the breakfast once and never bothered to wake up for it again, as I did not find any of it tasty.

So unless I hear anything awful about Sea Breeze I'll give it a try

"..This sort of game?" I live in the UK so I monger here mostly, reason being I love exotic women with big butts, and they are pretty rare to find here unless it's P4P. Mongered once before in sosua before, and many a times in Lebanon (middle east) the latter being way too expensive but worth it. I'm only 25, so I hope I'll visit many more places in the future unless priorities change

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Re: Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Well if you have been here before ill leave you to it.

Ive never stayed at sea breeze - only had a drink at the bar on Monday just gone as it happens. I've been told the beds are hard and the pillows thin.

Thing with bad reviews is you can get a trend of a place.
    One or two bad reviews isn't necessarily a problem - there are lots of strange people who visit Sosua as such some are drunks and have money stolen or spend more than they remember and then blame the hotel.

What I will say is that the current owner is well respected by "us lot" and many many good reviews of both the owner and his hotel.

The bug thing you will have to get used to a little bit. It happens EVERYWHERE.

If you didn't like NG have you considered casa Valerie - it's a little more low key than full on NG party?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

For what you would pay for sea Breeze you could get a nice condo at Sosua Suites, just across the road from rocky's, from Rick...who we all like and respect. You won't find a better friend or better customer service in Sosua.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRe..._Republic.html

http://www.rockysbluesbar.com/Sosua%20Suites.html
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,757 Times in 136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    For what you would pay for sea Breeze you could get a nice condo at Sosua Suites, just across the road from rocky's, from Rick...who we all like and respect. You won't find a better friend or better customer service in Sosua.

I'm a huge fan of the Maria Rose (also one of Rocky's). Though some would find that uncomfortably far from PC, I didn't.

Cheaper the NG (which I didn't like).
    "You can fuck my friend for money. It is no problem.". So I did.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bkg For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

To be fair - that's a very good shout - thr manager of Rockies is da fish guy on here - he can get you a nice apartment in Sosua suites and this is close to the action as it gets whist still being fairly quiet.

Added bonus is Rockies is just across the road for breakfast / dinner

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thunderstar View Post
    To be fair - that's a very good shout - thr manager of Rockies is da fish guy on here - he can get you a nice apartment in Sosua suites and this is close to the action as it gets whist still being fairly quiet.

Added bonus is Rockies is just across the road for breakfast / dinner
    I have looked at rocky's site and the issue i had was not knowing exactly where its locations were in relation to PC street but also the prices. At Sea breeze i've been quoted $480 for two weeks, as every 7th night is free. I believe that brings the nightly rate of my stay there at around $34. Rooms at rockys hotel are quoted as $27 a night but i believe it's an extra $5/night for an AC (am i correct?) So this would be an even cheaper option but at just a 60 bucks saving over two weeks. so Unless someone here who's been to both hotels Rockys and stayed in their basic room as well as Sea breeze would recommend the former then i would consider it

I would definitely like to stay in sosua suites or tradewinds, however just the weekly rates alone for the two weeks without the supposed $35 weekly cleaning fee is already above $480 for Sea breeze.

Casa valeria I believe is the only other hotel i saw whilst in sosua as it's just a stone's throw away from NG but again their rates are $50 a night. I enjoyed staying at NG, staff were great there, but due to finances I'm forced to try somewhere cheaper.

Wish i could stay at one of rocky's suites/condos for $480 but from what I see online that won't happen

Which routes have you used to get from the UK up to Rep.dom by the way?

Many thanks gentlemen

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4u For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Don't know if you have joined the site pay section yet but please do - you will have so much more info.

Now I'm getting the feeling you are on a tight budget - you could stay at Rockies - now I've never stayed in the rooms - but seen photos - it's good budget accommodation but from your first post I thought you were looking for high class.

Im also thinking that if you are concerned over an extra £20/30 you need to consider if this is the right place to party as an extra few £££ over the duration of your holiday is nothing really for a better experience .

If though budget is tight stay at Rockies as you get added benefits - ie great food on site - 1 min walk to the strip but here's the thing - many many guys go there for breakfast and most are happy to help / guide a newbie.

Flights - check out AZS airport - Samana from either Manchester or London gatwick - we flew premium class but managed to save £450 for 2 of us for the price of a normal seat to pop.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thunderstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is Rockys chica friendly?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to souther For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by souther View Post
    Is Rockys chica friendly?
    Have a look and contact Rick for more details.

http://www.rockysbar.com/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information