Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 01/2010 - Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Hotel Reviews: Sea Breeze and Don Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    As far as Sea Breeze got real pissed off this last trip with Jihad, the one night stay on New Year's Eve, that trip was a total waste, but I went up to Sosua to take care of a little business, and see what I could see for myself regarding the Apos adventure. If I had to do it again, as far as that particular trip I wouldn't from now on when ever I go to Sosua, pleasure will be numeral uno or I won't be going.

As far as what happened at Sea Breeze I called like I said in another post and reserved a room at the Sea Breeze for New Year's Eve. So I was already a little pissed when I pulled into Sosua, because a lot of shit happened that morning and I got started late, so as soon as I got there I had to meet a friend to talk business, that went on for a while so I didn't get an afternoon delight like I had wanted to, and what I pulled out of Classicos was another total waste. But anyway when I pulled in went straight to Sea Breeze, to check in, got there told the dude at the desk my name so he asked me how long I was staying I told him one night, he tells me he doesn't have my reservation, now I look at the dude, and thinking what the hell is going on here So I tell him check with Jihad.

So he walks back towards the pool area where Jihad's room is located up on the third floor. Now like I say I am getting a little peeved so I decide to walk back and I see Jihad on his balcony, in a towel I guess he was entertaining or something Anyway he proceeds to ask me, who I made the reservation with, I told him I thought it was him, because whoever I spoke to when I gave him my name he said he remembered me, which would be right because I stayed there a couple of months ago and Jihad took care of all the arrangements.

So now he starts telling me that it is not his hotel's policy to do one night stays, it has to be multiple nights. Well I tell him he should have said that to me at the time I made my reservation and I would have reserved elsewhere because I knew I would only be there one night. To make a long story short, now I was real pissed and I proceed to cussing him out in front of everybody. Guess I can't plan on staying there anymore By the way I knew he was bullshitting me, because when I stayed there a couple of months previously, that was for a one night stay as well and there wasn't a problem. By the way Givengo who met me at the Sea Breeze on the day I was returning to Santo Domingo, can verify everything I am saying about the last trip being a one night stand as well. What I think happened is that he forgot who he was dealing with and figured he could tell that bold face lie, and someone would believe him, and he would have been right probably except he was telling the lie to the same guy that had stayed for just one night his last reach

So I stormed out of there figuring now it's New Year's Eve and I am in Sosua without a place to stay thanks to Jihad. I said the only thing I can do now is start hoofing and hopefully some place will have a vacancy. But I got lucky and went to D. Antonio first and spoke to Obie and he had one vacancy left one of his bigger rooms on the same side as the bar and on the first floor $50, more than I ever paid there but I didn't care at that point. The room was very big and I believe it was a room designed for a family with small children based on it's setup.

Tell you the truth not mad at Jihad, I guess he realized it would be better and he could make more money with a dude using his joint for multiple nights. But that still was a foul move, if he had told me that up front when I called I wouldn't have had a problem, and then also if he didn't lie to me, which only made it worse about the one night stay.

Just reporting the truth, still think it is a nice place to stay and a good option, but I guess I have burned my bridges as far as staying there, but what can you expect when you cuss out the owner in front of his staff and guests.
    mi think that is what every travelers worst fear or nightmare is.....showing up for a reserved room to find out you have no room..........it's like fuck......now what do I do......

mi feel for you Yayow........there is no excuse for a place to pull this chit........it's never happened to this guy but guess der is always a first time......and when it does happen mi letting everyone and his uncle know about it.........so be forewarned.......lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    mi think that is what every travelers worst fear or nightmare is.....showing up for a reserved room to find out you have no room..........it's like fuck......now what do I do......

mi feel for you Yayow........there is no excuse for a place to pull this chit........it's never happened to this guy but guess der is always a first time......and when it does happen mi letting everyone and his uncle know about it.........so be forewarned.......lol
    I talked to a guy last night at Petes I believe LONESOUL he said he used to come down when the Palace was open and is married now so doesn't post much but knew who I was (imagine that). He said he met Jimmy and Beads one time a long time ago.

Anyway he is at SB and when I asked him he crinkled up his face like eating a pickle and said its oooook you know. I said ya pretty basic and he agreed and seemed real interested in Terra Linda when I told him $60 for room including tax and REAL safe and breakfast in that nice restaurant.
    He had wanted NG but agreed with me 62 for new wing vs 60 for brand new everything is worth a try.

You can bring a girl in to go to room I talked to the Manager. Nudity at the pool most people don't need anyway.
    Just Doing It

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Wow, incredible. If the document holders were not enough, now this. Bold faced Lies about a valid reservation. and people still defend this place ?
    Some people need look around with open eyes. There are many better places to stay. I just read all the posts after JD's here and between Yayows kick in the nuts and leaking water and noise problems Fuck that.

The 2 new places are both better options in more ways than one.

More to follow
    Last edited by mikelodge; 01-15-2010 at 11:32 AM. Reason: sp

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

I guess I'm one of those guys who has recommended the SeaBreeze in earlier threads. Yayow, I was sorry to read about your misfortune with the SB on New Years. To me, Jihad should have honored your reservation even if it was just for one night.

I also believe in busting balls on a place if I've had a bad experience with a hotel as I would not want another member of this board to have a similiar time. I was hopeful with the Coco last summer, but after 2 nights I was done and will not recommend that place unless there is absolutely no alternative.

I've stayed at the SB twice. Each time I was there, rooms were available in the back building as well as up front. Not wanting to deal with the street noise, I took a room in the back. Once on the ground floor and once on the 3rd. It was quiet and could not hear the motos going back and forth all night. Slept good, the pool was nice for an afternoon or early evening dip before going out and I felt for $40 dollars a night, I was getting good value.

Yes, Jihad talked about the manager at NG in not so flattering terms. Yes, he likes to enjoy himself with the chicas - saw him both at the Cuba Libre and Classicos. He wasn't exactly a wallflower at Classicos. But only speaking on my own experience, I can say I enjoyed my stay each time. The only negative was that I had to accompany the chica to the gate in the morning to get her ID. That can be a pain at 7 am when she has to get back home to the kid and I'm trying not to stub my toe moving around with half closed eyes.

Overall, for price and location, it suits me. But I'm looking at doing the condo thing on my trip in June. Just for a change.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Thanks Mr. Smooth, I obviously didn't have a problem with them previously, which is the reason I made reservations with them in the first place. But as I said I was shocked and upset, by what happened the last time (especially the lying part). Especially since it hadn't been that long a time between attempted stays. By the way I have no problem with anyone that mongers, he having a hotel there, he probably gets the prime time ass at a cheaper rate ( I know I did when I lived there and the chicas got to know me).

I also said at the end of my post, that I still think it is a viable option, just not for me anymore.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

You can bring a girl in to go to room
    I talked to the Manager. Nudity at the pool most people don't need anyway.[/quote]

Mike, Does this mean no chicas at the pool whatsoever?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    I talked to the Manager. Nudity at the pool most people don't need anyway.

Mike, Does this mean no chicas at the pool whatsoever?[/quote]

No if they have swimwear on fine. Just no open sex acts at the pool

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Mike, Does this mean no chicas at the pool whatsoever?
    No if they have swimwear on fine. Just no open sex acts at the pool[/quote]

We don't need to see that.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post

We don't need to see that.[/quote]

Hay hay hay you watched it in my videos
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post

We don't need to see that.[/quote]

The place I had an apartment at Piero Residence has a camera on the pool and in October my 6 foot chica flipped him off when her top came off at 1am. He said he couldn´t see it in the dark even if he had film in it.

I am glad there are no chicas in the pool there during the day. I like it quiet until dark.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I guess I'm one of those guys who has recommended the SeaBreeze in earlier threads. Yayow, I was sorry to read about your misfortune with the SB on New Years. To me, Jihad should have honored your reservation even if it was just for one night.

I also believe in busting balls on a place if I've had a bad experience with a hotel as I would not want another member of this board to have a similiar time. I was hopeful with the Coco last summer, but after 2 nights I was done and will not recommend that place unless there is absolutely no alternative.

I've stayed at the SB twice. Each time I was there, rooms were available in the back building as well as up front. Not wanting to deal with the street noise, I took a room in the back. Once on the ground floor and once on the 3rd. It was quiet and could not hear the motos going back and forth all night. Slept good, the pool was nice for an afternoon or early evening dip before going out and I felt for $40 dollars a night, I was getting good value.

Yes, Jihad talked about the manager at NG in not so flattering terms. Yes, he likes to enjoy himself with the chicas - saw him both at the Cuba Libre and Classicos. He wasn't exactly a wallflower at Classicos. But only speaking on my own experience, I can say I enjoyed my stay each time. The only negative was that I had to accompany the chica to the gate in the morning to get her ID. That can be a pain at 7 am when she has to get back home to the kid and I'm trying not to stub my toe moving around with half closed eyes.

Overall, for price and location, it suits me. But I'm looking at doing the condo thing on my trip in June. Just for a change.
    I like the idea of going to the gate with the girls. It gives me a chance to make sure all my belongings are in my belonging.If something is missing she's not going anywhere. I think the downside is making sure the safe doesn't get cracked. Maybe Ill store the loot in my car trunk.One other neg, the fuckin rooster in the back yard should be shot.
    Ric

Excuse my spellin!!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riclagriclag For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just trying to get a handle on hotels in Sosua, are all the hotels GF or is it only some of them ? Are the above mentioned hotels close to the action ?
    thanks

24. The Following User Says Thank You to englishman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by englishman View Post
    Just trying to get a handle on hotels in Sosua, are all the hotels GF or is it only some of them ? Are the above mentioned hotels close to the action ?
    thanks
    these 2 are chica friendly and close to the action...5 minute walk maybe
    I'm out for dead Presidentes to represent me...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chicmatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Actually most of the hotels, villas, condos etc. are chica friendly, after all if they didn't cater to that, in Sosua, you wouldn't have much business. The AI in town isn't Casa Marina, have to pay an exorbitant fee, to bring in a chica, but other than that most are.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by englishman View Post
    thanks
    Almost All of them will allow a girl to come in for free including the All Inclusives if you pay the 40 bucks or whatever for her for the day. Some just are places you would not prefer to others like El Colibri and Voramar which are very far down the strip on the edge of town.

Search for Sosua hotels there are maps there
    Last edited by mikelodge; 01-18-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: clarity

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,539 Times in 278 Posts

Sea Breeze Review...

I will preface my comments by saying that I am the type who would pay a little bit more ($30-$40 extra/night) to stay in a place that looks like it was not built in a 3rd world country. With that said, the last 3 times I have been to the DR I have stayed in condos and villas. This time I stayed at Sea Breeze as my wingman (who didn't make it down) wanted to stay there.

Overall, I will not return to Sea Breeze.

1) Comfort: IMHO, I dislike the feel of the beds. They suck.

2) Overall Room Presentation: It gets the job done but there were a ton of quirks in my room/bathroom. For example, no hot water from my sink. Every time I get out the shower there is a puddle of water there. I actually looked to see if there was a hole in the tub. Hot water sporadically. Told the hotel was full so I could only get two towels.

3) Cleanliness: Below Average to Average. Every time I got out of my tub I see chica hair just laying all around the bathroom. Day after day. Not even chicas I f$cked.

4) Security: Average at best. Security is a process not an ad hoc adventure. For starters, they were inconsistent with having chicas need me to be there to get their cedula. I mean, what's the policy? It's either they have to or they don't. Only 3 out of 6 was I actual there when they got their IDs. Also, you can't lock the door with keys from the inside. I prefer hotels/rooms that are like that. That way when I get inside with the chica I can hide the key or throw it under the bed and that way she is going to have to roll me off the bed to make sure she can leave. Ain't no tip toeing out. Then, they have your room number written in big letters on the key. WTF?? If I lose the key do you need to advertise to everyone my room number. I ended up removing that for the duration of my stay and put it back on when handing in the keys but that combined with the inconsistent chica policy didn't put me at rest. Couple that with comments I have heard about safes (I had no problem with them though) and I would say that security was average at best.

5) Noise: I was at the front building and it's freaking noisy all day/night long. Cars, motoconcho's, drunk bastards, etc. You really can't get a quiet moment here. I'm not sure if the rooms towards the back of the resort is better but to me it was a problem as one day I came down with food poisoning and wanted to shoot myself due to the amount of noise there was. One time while wanting to catch a power nap before Classico's, I had to put music on and turn it up full volume just to drown out the street noise so there was something consistent in the background. And don't think I live in the country or something. I live in the middle of everything in NYC. I am used to noise.

6) Friendliness: Big positive. The guys there are definitely friendly. Seems to invoke the same kind of monger frat feel as New Garden. So that would be a positive if you are flying solo or new down there.

Those are my thoughts. And no, I didn't complain about everything or go and bring every single problem/quirk up to management. It's my vacation. They should have that sh!t figured out by now.

Net/Net. I would recommend New Garden over Sea Breeze. If you throw Terra Linda in at $60 or the newer wing at New Garden I wouldn't think there is much of a comparison.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Galvin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As far as Sea Breeze got real pissed off this last trip with Jihad,....

As far as what happened at Sea Breeze I called like I said in another post and reserved a room at the Sea Breeze for New Year's Eve. So I was already a little pissed when I pulled into Sosua, because a lot of shit happened that morning and I got started late, so as soon as I got there I had to meet a friend to talk business, that went on for a while so I didn't get an afternoon delight like I had wanted to, and what I pulled out of Classicos was another total waste. But anyway when I pulled in went straight to Sea Breeze, to check in, got there told the dude at the desk my name so he asked me how long I was staying I told him one night, he tells me he doesn't have my reservation, now I look at the dude, and thinking what the hell is going on here So I tell him check with Jihad.

So he walks back towards the pool area where Jihad's room is located up on the third floor. Now like I say I am getting a little peeved so I decide to walk back and I see Jihad on his balcony, in a towel I guess he was entertaining or something Anyway he proceeds to ask me, who I made the reservation with, I told him I thought it was him, because whoever I spoke to when I gave him my name he said he remembered me, which would be right because I stayed there a couple of months ago and Jihad took care of all the arrangements.

So now he starts telling me that it is not his hotel's policy to do one night stays, it has to be multiple nights. Well I tell him he should have said that to me at the time I made my reservation and I would have reserved elsewhere because I knew I would only be there one night. To make a long story short, now I was real pissed and I proceed to cussing him out in front of everybody. Guess I can't plan on staying there anymore By the way I knew he was bullshitting me, because when I stayed there a couple of months previously, that was for a one night stay as well and there wasn't a problem. By the way Givengo who met me at the Sea Breeze on the day I was returning to Santo Domingo, can verify everything I am saying about the last trip being a one night stand as well. What I think happened is that he forgot who he was dealing with and figured he could tell that bold face lie, and someone would believe him, and he would have been right probably except he was telling the lie to the same guy that had stayed for just one night his last reach

So I stormed out of there figuring now it's New Year's Eve and I am in Sosua without a place to stay thanks to Jihad. I said the only thing I can do now is start hoofing and hopefully some place will have a vacancy. But I got lucky and went to D. Antonio first and spoke to Obie and he had one vacancy left one of his bigger rooms on the same side as the bar and on the first floor $50, more than I ever paid there but I didn't care at that point. The room was very big and I believe it was a room designed for a family with small children based on it's setup.

Tell you the truth not mad at Jihad, I guess he realized it would be better and he could make more money with a dude using his joint for multiple nights. But that still was a foul move, if he had told me that up front when I called I wouldn't have had a problem, and then also if he didn't lie to me, which only made it worse about the one night stay.

Just reporting the truth, still think it is a nice place to stay and a good option, but I guess I have burned my bridges as far as staying there, but what can you expect when you cuss out the owner in front of his staff and guests.
    I agree with you Ralphie that is probably what happened, but in my book you don't bump a customer/client that took the time to reserve two days before his reach for bigger bucks (to me that is bad form and bad karma, after all your word should be your bond).

Plus now I am totally inconvenienced and have to scramble to find a place to stay (I got lucky only had to check out one other place, but that is besides the point, holiday night could have been a lot worse), when that was the last thing I thought I would have to do. Plus no apology was issued, instead tells me a lie about his policy, and asks me who it was that I spoke to as if I made the whole reservation thing up. Definitely bad form in my book.

I posted the above a few months ago, and now since something else has happened, I feel an obligation to post that as well.

Sunday afternoon just before I am leaving to return to Santo Domingo I stop by Cuba Libre to say goodbye to Fred and his staff and a few friends that had gathered there. Well Jihad happened to be there as well, one of my friends not knowing that I knew Jihad takes the time to introduce Jihad to me, I tell him I already know him, and Jihad and I have a conversation. Pleasant conversation, but I review again what happened New Years eve. At first he said he didn't recall, I told him there was no way he couldn't recall that, then he said to me oh yeah he remembered and it was a misunderstanding. We talked a bit more, and as I was adjusting some things Jihad pulled up to me and called me to his car, he told me he was sorry for what happened, and he also told me if I ever want to stay at the Sea Breeze I have one night free.

I thanked him and I appreciated it, that was very nice of him (he didn't have to do it, he doesn't need my business, and it takes a big man to apologize to someone else it was a gesture that I appreciate and feel was genuine), as I said before, I have nothing against the Sea Breeze or any where else, I just state things as they happen, this has now happened so I am stating it here. Thank you Jihad, for the gesture, I appreciate it.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I'm thinking of trying the Don Antonio this time.Stayed at Seabreeze last time and it was "ok". Will I be as satisfied with tha Don Antonio? Listen I really don't need a palace,just a good bed,hot water,safe and a decent nights sleep. If you stayed at Don Antonios lately would you Kindly let me know. You can PM me if you want. Thanks.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 45,724 Times in 5,924 Posts

Been having computer problems so I could not give a thumbs up to Seabreeze. Got a room on the first floor because of the pigeon problem on the third and the plumbing sucks, but the fridge kept my beer cold. The bed was comfortable and Jihad took care of my need to have at least one towel per chica. I would stay there again. (I use the ATMs so I was not concerned about the lockbox, but it looked safe enough.
    "Panties are not the best thing in the world, but they are next to it"

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to officemgr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

I stayed at Don Antonio's from March 1-10. It was my 2nd stay at that property.

PROS: My bill was $290 tax included. No A/C but had the kitchenette (DR chica went to supermarket and stocked the fridge and cooked my breakfast each morning). The location is PERFECT for me, around the corner from Lou's and the other bars and a short walk to the beach. Most of the rooms were taken up with American College Students on some sort of program. Evelin the owner picked me up at the airport and everything went smooth.

CONS: The rooms are a little worn, the showers in the rooms with the kitchenettes are small, water pressure is so-so as is the hot water. Dr. Rosen and that section of Pedro Clisante is noisy most of the time.

Overall: I consider Don Antonio an EXCELLENT value for the price and definitely the hotel I will use on my next trip to Sosua.

40. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information