Thread: Ahi - Bar

Thanks

Ahi - Bar

I took and afternoon walk to check out the Ahi-Bar. It's a block or so down from the monument into the central area.

From Cheeno's post:
    R. Cesar Tolentino Esq. Restauracion
    Santiago
    www.ahi-bar.com
    Tel: 809-581-6779
    809-581-6007

Also highly recommented by me.

Ahi bar steak. Phenominal. A special treat for the food loving members...

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Re: Ahi - Bar

The Ahi Bar is best on Sunday nights. And that's because it's karaoke night and the hotties come out. In fact, some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, I've seen at Ahi Bar on Sunday night. And some of them are looking for generous benefactors, so to speak.

However, I've found the food to be only average, at best. That's why I always try to eat before I get there.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I went there once a few years back and there were a ton of hot chicas there.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    The Ahi Bar is best on Sunday nights. And that's because it's karaoke night and the hotties come out. In fact, some of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, I've seen at Ahi Bar on Sunday night. And some of them are looking for generous benefactors, so to speak.

However, I've found the food to be only average, at best. That's why I always try to eat before I get there.
    Eat at puerto madero first. . . .then head to ahi bar. Good steaks argentina style. I even had good ribs at Tony Romas last weekend.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[quote=DRCowboy;726783]I took and afternoon walk to check out the Ahi-Bar. It's a block or so down from the monument into the central area.
    ....one of my favorite places in santiago... some of the hottiest girls ive seen in the d.r.. dont think your goin in with money to flash and think your walkin out with a girl.. you need a little game in here n most likely need to speak some spainish... these people all have jobs n money, dont get me wrong, you could def pull a smokin girl out.... but she will fuck you cuz she likes you.. not cuz everyother guy is offer-in 1500 pesos n your given her 3k....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[quote=j.p morgan;726798]
    Quote Originally Posted by DRCowboy View Post
    I took and afternoon walk to check out the Ahi-Bar. It's a block or so down from the monument into the central area.
    ....one of my favorite places in santiago... some of the hottiest girls ive seen in the d.r.. dont think your goin in with money to flash and think your walkin out with a girl.. you need a little game in here n most likely need to speak some spainish... these people all have jobs n money, dont get me wrong, you could def pull a smokin girl out.... but she will fuck you cuz she likes you.. not cuz everyother guy is offer-in 1500 pesos n your given her 3k....
    Mostly true. But keep in mind that Ahi Bar is known as gringo hangout (one of the few in Santiago). And a lot of those girls are there to meet gringos. They may not be your hard core puta of the type that normally frequents Sosua. But they definitely aren't adverse to entertaining a generous gringo. And no flashing of money is necessary. A few drinks and conversation (in spanish) usually suffices.

I've scored with both pros and non-pros at Ahi Bar.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[quote=DCIronman;726802]
    Quote Originally Posted by j.p morgan View Post

Mostly true. But keep in mind that Ahi Bar is known as gringo hangout (one of the few in Santiago). And a lot of those girls are there to meet gringos. They may not be your hard core puta of the type that normally frequents Sosua. But they definitely aren't adverse to entertaining a generous gringo. And no flashing of money is necessary. A few drinks and conversation (in spanish) usually suffices.

I've scored with both pros and non-pros at Ahi Bar.

Boy have the times changed.

Thanks

[quote=Jimmydr;726804]

Boy have the times changed.
    How so Jimmy? The first time I went to Ahi Bar was in '06 with an expat living in Santiago. From that point forward, if I'm in town on the weekend, I'm at the Ahi Bar.

Funny story, I was having drinks at the Ahi Bar with a friend. And in walks Anna. Not Jayman's Anna. I'm talking about the older, hard drinking, "I'm not a puta" Anna. Well my boy used to fuck Anna for free, and she claimed to be in love with him. So you can imagine her horror when she walked into Ahi Bar with her gringo for the evening, and saw us there having drinks. Well, she spent the rest of the evening texting my boy, claiming that the gringo she was with was only a friend. LOL!

Though, it's no where near as point and click as any of the clubs on Pedro Clisante, there's always a few semi-pro and beeper chica types hanging out at the Ahi Bar. I always get a few phone numbers.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[quote=DCIronman;726848]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post

How so Jimmy? The first time I went to Ahi Bar was in '06 with an expat living in Santiago. From that point forward, if I'm in town on the weekend, I'm at the Ahi Bar.

Well when we went, we were the only gringos there and it wasn't a place for chicas to meet gringos.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

[quote=DCIronman;726848]

Funny story, I was having drinks at the Ahi Bar with a friend. And in walks Anna. Not Jayman's Anna. I'm talking about the older, hard drinking, "I'm not a puta" Anna. Well my boy used to fuck Anna for free, and she claimed to be in love with him. So you can imagine her horror when she walked into Ahi Bar with her gringo for the evening, and saw us there having drinks. Well, she spent the rest of the evening texting my boy, claiming that the gringo she was with was only a friend. LOL!

Though, it's no where near as point and click as any of the clubs on Pedro Clisante, there's always a few semi-pro and beeper chica types hanging out at the Ahi Bar. I always get a few phone numbers.

Here's the whisky-demon Anna, pre drunk-and-crazy-in-a-bad-way.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...6&d=1253450727

Shame. She's a very pretty woman, but I've been to Sosua 5 times in the past year, and she's always holding court up in Classico. Note that DCIs friend first smashed her in a Casa Linda villa her WU gringo had "bought" for her.

I mean, how stupid did that guy feel smelling some other dude's cologne in his bed (that suddenly seems to sag in the middle)?

Back to the thread - been to Ahi Bar, LOTS of stunners, looking for gringos, but in Santiago, you will need to have game as well as pesos. Best to tighten up your spanish with the Sosua chicas before doing a road trip.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[quote=husl2001;726854]

Here's the whisky-demon Anna, pre drunk-and-crazy-in-a-bad-way.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...6&d=1253450727

Does this Ana speak English?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

[quote=Jimmydr;726858]
    Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post

Better than most guys on here. She's had quite a bit of gringo tutoring - in between BBBJs.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[quote=Jimmydr;726849]

Well when we went, we were the only gringos there and it wasn't a place for chicas to meet gringos.
    Hmm...don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's just an instance where YMMV (some nights are better than others). But it was an expat gringo that first took me there four years ago. And I've met a ton of gringos there since then. In fact, it's the only spot I hang out in Santiago where I regulary see gringos.

I think you should give it another shot. It's one of the best spots in Santiago for a spanish speaking gringo to meet some local dimes.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[quote=DCIronman;726862]

Hmm...don't know what to tell you. Maybe it's just an instance where YMMV (some nights are better than others). But it was an expat gringo that first took me there four years ago. And I've met a ton of gringos there since then. In fact, it's the only spot I hang out in Santiago where I regulary see gringos.

I think you should give it another shot. It's one of the best spots in Santiago for a spanish speaking gringo to meet some local dimes.
    I was there about 6 years ago so it might have caught on.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you knew well in advance the day/s you were to be in Santiago you could chat with BEAUTIFUL women on sites like hi5.com, amigos.com, etc etc. Many of them speak / write english or you could use babelfish to help translate. Most will give you their phone numbers quickly.

Then, after developing this on line/telephone relationship, you have them (not all at once) meet you at Ahi-Bar and things would progress very quickly. The ultimate girlfriend experience! Of course they all want presents etc.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Santiago Blanquitas Rock! For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

[quote=DCIronman;726862]

It is ymmv. I have been there were there were no gringo seeking chicas, and I have seen some not so obvious semi pros. Walking in in cargo shorts, sandals and a wife beater and grunting bad spanish would not get you far. I have done that but substitute a normal t shirt in place of wife beater and decent spanish for grunting. It was also very earlt evening and I was just back from la vega but I knew enough that my duds or lack there of would impede any shot I had.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

[quote=Jimmydr;726858]
    Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post

She's been a regular on the board since 2004!!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

[quote=psriches;728097]
    She's been a regular on the board since 2004!!!

A paying regular, I might ad.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thread Information