Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nakom's 2nd Trip - May 21 to 28

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

Nakom's 2nd Trip - May 21 to 28

Hide you Novias and put a lock on the liquor cabinet, the Pale Rider is coming back to Sosua.

May 21st - May 28th. Staying at New Garden.

I am looking for wingmen, drunks, newbies, and ISOC members that will be in town on those dates to meet up with.

Chime in of you will be around on any of those dates and would like to get together.

Nakom

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Re: Nakom's 2nd Trip - May 21 to 28

i will be at new garden on the 24 and 25 and moving to seabreeze until the 31. Its my first solo trip, and second trip to Sosua(with my wife the first time) im looking forward to meeting you there. im a french canadian so for those who want me to act as a translator with those haitian, i will more then happy to help any of you with that.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Looks like I'll be around for the last couple days of your trip. I'll be staying at NG, arriving May 26.
    What's understood doesn't need to be said.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonblaze For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I will be NG from May23 thru 30, looking forward to hanging out

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Churchl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

I'll be staying at the NG starting on the May 23rd to the 31st, then in Cabarete until June 6th.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 1,244 Posts

I will be at NG from May 24 to May 29. I enjoyed your last trip report - I think you and I have basically the same style! Hopefully we can have some good stories after this one. I am: E. ALL of the above ** wingman, drunk, newbi, and ISOC.er! Looking forward to it!!
    Beach Whore...looking for MORE!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It looks like drdreamer is coming for most of the same dates, and davemaryland will be there for my last couple. The 3 amigo's will ride again. JD426 was also thinking of coming down for a bit. For all the guys in country that chimed in above, send me a PM and we can make a plan to meet up, and exchange contact info.

PLEASE NOTE:

The first Sosua pub crawl tour will be leaving the NG at 10:00 PM Friday May 21st. Your tour guide is drdreamer. All are welcome to attend except for 1) cheap fuckers 2) non drinkers 3) drug users 4) guys that talk like davemaryland (just kidding dave)!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 1,057 Posts

I will be at BB's 25th untill the 29th then staying at the NG untill June 1st.
    I will be swinging into sosua while at BB's. One thing that I can say
    about myself is that I am not a cheep motherf**ker and I love to booze
    it up! It should be a good time!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to insular For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 296 Posts

I'll be down the 21 too, staying till the 29th.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to hwyrider37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea, I'll be at Sosua Bay Beach Club from May 20 thu 25th. Hope to see you guys at NG..

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dwright404 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Those are my dates as well: 21-28. First trip to DR.......looking forward to meeting someone else who speaks Canadian there. I'm at the NG as well.....In addition to the Chicachase, I'll be looking for a bar that shows some hockey(maybe even the Memorial Cup if the Hitmen make the final! ) , and want to do some snorkeling and some touring around. The countdown is on

K, the Canuck

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Shithawk For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    I will be at New Garden on the 24 and 25 and moving to Seabreeze until the 31. It's my first solo trip, and second trip to Sosúa (with my wife the first time). I'm looking forward to meeting you there. I'm a French Canadian, so for those who want me to act as a translator with those Haitians, I will more than happy to help any of you with that.
    Hi Michel!

I don't need normally need a translator but I would be happy to meet you and chat up a few haitianas with you. Incidentally, you will find that only about half the haitianas speak much French, though it will of course help you even with those who only speak Kreyol.

Please introduce yourself if you see me around. You cannot miiss me. I am the oldest monger in the Western Hemisphere and usually have two or three haitianas hovering round me like fruit flies round a decaying banana.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Hi Michel!

I don't need normally need a translator but I would be happy to meet you and chat up a few haitianas with you. Incidentally, you will find that only about half the haitianas speak much French, though it will of course help you even with those who only speak Kreyol.

Please introduce yourself if you see me around. You cannot miiss me. I am the oldest monger in the Western Hemisphere and usually have two or three haitianas hovering round me like fruit flies round a decaying banana.
    I will certainly do Sir,
    i have been reading this board every day since i came back from sosua april 2, i read a lot of your posts so im looking forward to listening to your stories live.
    We have a big haitian community here in montreal, i went to school in a haitian neighborhood so im used to haitian culture. Since Quebec is the only french speaking province in North America, they naturally immigrate here most of the time.
    When i was in Sosua at the end of march, i was surprise that i could fonction very well speaking mostly french. People mostly came to me speaking french(probably because of my Montreal Canadiens cap) and because it was high season and quebecers tend to take over every AI resorts in March.

So, i hope i get to meet you sir

27. The Following User Says Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Look out, Thunderstar is reading this thread now. He is sitting in the airport lounge in the UK (Gatwick?) waiting for his delayed flight to leave. What's the problem, Dan? The volcano? Caterers' strike? Brakes failing on the plane like my moto?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Laughing Re: Nakom's 2nd Trip - May 21 to 28

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    It looks like drdreamer is coming for most of the same dates, and davemaryland will be there for my last couple. The 3 amigo's will ride again. JD426 was also thinking of coming down for a bit. For all the guys in country that chimed in above, send me a PM and we can make a plan to meet up, and exchange contact info.

PLEASE NOTE:

The first Sosua pub crawl tour will be leaving the NG at 10:00 PM Friday May 21st. Your tour guide is drdreamer. All are welcome to attend except for 1) cheap fuckers 2) non drinkers 3) drug users 4) guys that talk like davemaryland (just kidding dave)!
    OK my friend. JD426 got his shoot in, so now it was your turn. At least I live south of the Mason Dixon Line. And now you have to buy my first beer.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dave,

I will but the first 10, as long as you can drink them within the first two hours. Damm Americans!

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,968 Times in 320 Posts

PLEASE NOTE:

ill be from the 18th till the 22 so ill see u only on friday night but...... iam a cheap fuck and i dont drink so i duno if u wana hang with me

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bklyndrguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

We can make an exception for you bklyndrguy. And for Shithawk - nightly hockey viewing will be a top priority - go Hitmen, Habs, and Canucks!!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 506 Posts

Nakom you really out did yourself with that newbie trip report even without pics it was outstanding. was very tempted to want to read other trip reports just based on your report and pay the 20 bucks even though i am not into others reports....awesome job. tons of info and i think one could get just enough from that report alone before an adventure. THANK YOU.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imrealareyou For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

chit..........you are having a pub crawl without mi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information