Quote Originally Posted by Jabskiler View Post
    The best The New Garden (NG) the Best in my opinion
    http://www.newgardenhotel.net/
    $55 a night

The Palms Condos which is rented though Sosua Vacation Rentals
    http://www.sosuavacationrentals.com
    The cheapest 25$ a night + $5 for AC

New Garden
    Why I say for us the NewGarden is the best, location and the very social atmosphere. You canfind nicer places in Sosua but nothing in Sosua comes close the atmosphere if you are look to hang out with others while chasing the chicas. If you are coming down here alone and want to meet friends to chase the chicas with the NG is your place. There always members of these boards hanging out in the NG. On my last trip to DR I started almost every night going to the NG and meeting my friends. The NG is located in the middle of every thing. You are in walk distance of both beach and all the clubs. You don’t need a car if you stay at NG. As you enter in to the NG there is a restaurant and Pool that that is a place where members of these board congregate before going out. There are always a few every cute chicas hang there too. On Saturdays they have a bikini contest. The owner does a very good job of recognizing and catering to repeat customers. As for the room they are nice they have all the amities sat TV a safe AC. I regent not booking a few nights there. Meet my friends at the NG reminded me of my collage days going out partying with one big difference, with $40 I always got the girl

The Palms Condos
    The Palms was much nice than I expected it to be. I was very happy with the room it came with all the amities you would expect in an American motel plus a safe and a little kitchen, a refrigerator micro wave pots and pans for cooking and eating with. The rooms also have water coolers with filtered drinking water. The grounds are very well kept with nice pool. The atmosphere is very privet. If you are staying in Sosua for a week or more and are on a budget the Palms is worth a look. The down side you need a car or moped. Yes you can find cheaper place to stay in Sosua but not with the amities.

Which is for you?
    The New Garden if
    You are coming alone and want to hang out with other Americans and Canadians
    You are not renting a car or moped.
    I recommend New Garden If it your first trip to the DominicRepublic.

The Palms Condos if want to save some money and
    You are renting a car or moped
    You are coming with a wing man or you want this trip to be very privet.

2 other hotels I like on the same street as The New Garden.

Hotel Casa Valeria $50 a night next door to NG and my favorite place to eat breakfast.
    http://www.hotelcasavaleria.com/

Terra Linda Resort 2 up for NG with a little nicer rooms $70 a night
    http://www.terralindaresort.com/en/index.html

Click to see pic
    Your information is flawed. First you may feel NG is best and that is your opinion which is shared by many others. However to say Don's the Palms Condos it the cheapest is complete lie. Yes his place the palms is a great value and very affordable but you must not have done much research because he is not the cheapest nor do I think he necessarily claims to be. COCO Hotel is $20 and Don Antonio has had $20 deals and depending on length of stay some cheap deals are being had at Europa.
    There are lots of options at $25. PS your Terra Linda price of $70 is also not an absolute since many people pay less.
    Just Doing It

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

I'm proud of you Mike!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Your information is flawed. First you may feel NG is best and that is your opinion which is shared by many others. However to say Don's the Palms Condos it the cheapest is complete lie. Yes his place the palms is a great value and very affordable but you must not have done much research because he is not the cheapest nor do I think he necessarily claims to be. COCO Hotel is $20 and Don Antonio has had $20 deals and depending on length of stay some cheap deals are being had at Europa.
    There are lots of options at $25. PS your Terra Linda price of $70 is also not an absolute since many people pay less.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    I'm proud of you Mike!
    Owner of a JIMMY DR FREE discussion board. Good One

We need a invasion at the back pool bar again some time when the weather turns gloomy.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

Owner of a JIMMY DR FREE discussion board. Good One

We need a invasion at the back pool bar again some time when the weather turns gloomy.
    Yes we do!

The bolded line was not my idea but I like it a lot!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

You do realize that you're responding to an almost year old post that you had already responded to the same day it was posted?
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

yeah i prob shouldnt have gave life to an already dead thread especially that now i may be looking at casa valeria lol
    welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    You do realize that you're responding to an almost year old post that you had already responded to the same day it was posted?
    Forget it, he's on a roll ("Animal House" paraphrase).

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

An easy answer, Rocky's

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is there any reason why everyone seems to leave out the Sea Breeze Hotel when giving options. I've stayed there a few times already and always had a good time and no problems. I found that Jihad and his staff were always helpful. The prices were always cheaper, then New Garden. The Sea Breeze doesn't have the party atmosphere like the NG, but it's right around the corner, so you wouldn't be missing out on anything. I was just wondering if I am missing out on anything or some thing I should be aware of? I would appreciate any opinions on this whether it open board or private message

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ter319 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ter319 View Post
    Is there any reason why everyone seems to leave out the Sea Breeze Hotel when giving options. I've stayed there a few times already and always had a good time and no problems. I found that Jihad and his staff were always helpful. The prices were always cheaper, then New Garden. The Sea Breeze doesn't have the party atmosphere like the NG, but it's right around the corner, so you wouldn't be missing out on anything. I was just wondering if I am missing out on anything or some thing I should be aware of? I would appreciate any opinions on this whether it open board or private message
    You're right...a lot of guys have enjoyed Sea Breeze and Jihad, but a lot of guys have had a lot of problems with Sea Breeze and Jihad. Many posts in many threads on the subject(s).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ter319 View Post
    a few years ago when it first opened it was all positive reviews but then the reviews started to turn for the worst... i never personally stayed there but that was enough for me not to give them a chance

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Idea Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

I suspect that if one were to reread the threads you'd find that it's just a few very vocal guys.

There are many guys that have stayed there and that still do. Those that have moved on, that I know of, mostly did so because they wanted a party atmosphere like the NG or a restaurant on-site or moved on to villas or condos. Not because there is anything wrong there. It's typical of accommodation in its price range and good value.

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    You're right...a lot of guys have enjoyed Sea Breeze and Jihad, but a lot of guys have had a lot of problems with Sea Breeze and Jihad. Many posts in many threads on the subject(s).

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    There are many guys that have stayed there and that still do. Those that have moved on, that I know of, mostly did so because they wanted a party atmosphere like the NG or a restaurant on-site.....
    ...or a safe that met their requirements.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rolleyes Re: The Cheapest VS the Best Hotel in Sosua

...or a safe that met their requirements.
    I'd have to ask Mike about that...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

I have stayed at the SeaBreeze on two occasions. Both times, thankfully, were in the back away from the street and all the noise from the motos running up and down. The rooms were fine for me, nice LCD TV, though small, ac that kicked ass and plenty of hot water for the shower. The safes were an issue for some, I never had a problem with them.

I checked the website some time ago and I think they had a promotion of staying for 6 nights and getting the 7th free.

The price was still $40 per night.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

I stopped in there a couple of weeks ago to say hi to Jihad and Willy, the day time security guy and they said that they were full. They must be doing something right.

I was just thinking the other day that Sea Breeze never seems to get mentioned on this board. It would my first choice if I was looking for somewhere for a few nights, price vs. quality vs. location cannot be beat in my mind.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The issues with the safe's deserve some merit, as they are basically are fire boxes that you get in home depot. They are not sercuring anything. I found a good work around for me, I bought on of those pac safe bags with the steel mesh inside of them and a cut proof bank security bag with key. I chain the pac safe bag to my bed with the security bag inside of it with all my stuff in it. What ever chica is around would need to get thru both bags with out me knowing about it and I never leave them alone in my room for that long except to piss.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ter319 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    Forget it, he's on a roll ("Animal House" paraphrase).
    Naw didnt' realize it LOL but then I really don't care anymore about shit like that.
    I will be happy to share anything I feel is useful and may be of help to anyone since I have learned a lot from this board but I just can't justify the time to jabber jabber jabber anymore about what I have done for almost 30 years and continue to do and is just a bunch of talk.

Took me a year to get used to the website and now it is all new and I am sorry but I don't have time to learn something new that doesn't pay ME anything

I do have some cool pics of a orgy at an Indian POW WOW but no idea how to post them. Mr. Plain

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Naw didnt' realize it LOL but then I really don't care anymore about shit like that.
    I will be happy to share anything I feel is useful and may be of help to anyone since I have learned a lot from this board but I just can't justify the time to jabber jabber jabber anymore about what I have done for almost 30 years and continue to do and is just a bunch of talk.

Took me a year to get used to the website and now it is all new and I am sorry but I don't have time to learn something new that doesn't pay ME anything

I do have some cool pics of a orgy at an Indian POW WOW but no idea how to post them. Mr. Plain
    I haven't quite mastered it myself Lodge, so I feel you on that one. This thread will help:

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ageHost-Albums

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

So I guess this means that Lodge won't ever catch up to Jimmy in number of posts!

At the rate Mike was going, I figured he would overtake Jimmy by September of 2018.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information