Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police Harassment

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Re: Police Harassment

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    They are all over the internet, various prices. My daughter carries one, they play with it at parties. It shocks the shit out of you, but won't really hurt you:

Click to see pic
    I designed a tazer style chastity belt which shocks both people. I tried to patent it. I sent in the paperwork and havent heard a thing in 2 years LOL
    It aint over till I am done!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trib For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trib View Post
    I designed a tazer style chastity belt which shocks both people. I tried to patent it. I sent in the paperwork and havent heard a thing in 2 years LOL
    Beads should put his imagination to work with it..... ouch
    Colombianas are God's way of apologizing for Dominicanas

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

In thailand they sell lighters that have an electric shock thing built in, not enough to knock you over, but you can feel it. Actually they sell lighters with switchblades too

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Pictures Re: Police Harassment

...I think I'm in Luv!
    My daughter is SMOKIN' HOT, blonde hair, blue eyed, hair stylist, 23 and single. She doesn't take shit off anyone, first mace, second, immobilize.
    Remind me why you still haven't introduced us?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    ...I think I'm in Luv!
    Remind me why you still haven't introduced us?

So to be smoking hot we are talking what 5'5 to 5'10 with no fat, toned and tanned with no ugly tatts or skank marks. ( cute ones are ok). Natural or even fake perfect boobs. Perfect bubble butt oh yah.

I have a friend who would love to meet her.

No offense I am merely responding to your statement. Hell I might be interested in her and I have a thing or two. Lets see a clean pic
    Last edited by mikelodge; 07-14-2010 at 09:11 AM. Reason: cleaned up

Thanks

They are all over the internet, various prices. My daughter carries one, they play with it at parties. It shocks the shit out of you, but won't really hurt you:

Click to see pic
    OK for the USA but you could Not take that on a plane at all. Plus stun guns are illegal in many countries.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    I always carry a photocopy of my passport and the numbers for US Consulate with me.
    likewise

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    I always carry a photocopy of my passport and the numbers for US Consulate with me.
    same here, a copy of my passport and phone numbers

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,983 Times in 412 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Princepointe, I wouldn't recommend starting a fight on this basis, combat trained or not... fighting with the cops is the best way to an asswhooping and they won't hold back, esp if you're combat trained.

Remember you're in the DR and not in Kansas so you must obey their laws... simple as that
    Start a fight in Sosua and you are asking for trouble - this is their turf NOT ours.
    Especially with the Policia or the Politur - if you "F" with them they will beat the person silly and not even blink - I have seen it with my own eyes.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sosuaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can apply for a paasport card that goes with your passport. It is the size of your drivers ID. Your drivers license is suffient but there is no questioning the passport card. At night I carry my passport ID.( for asshole DR PD) In the DR the police interpet respect with fear. ( Its a cultural thing) When you give off the fuck the police attitude they take it personal. Most americans do not fear the police especially the dominican PD. I have had problems in the past and it is best to avoid the PD if you can. If stopped give your ID and stay out of confrontation with them. Its their country and you can't win the fight with them. Pick and choose your battles very carefully. Remember you are there to have a good time. Drink, fuck, and be happy. And the Police- ( just think, you may have just fucked his girl) hence the attitude.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Navyblue25 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think it's pointless to fight in another country because you lose even if you win. I don't think i've ever heard of a tourist getting into a fight in the dr and i don't think i will unless they are piss ass drunk and they are gonna get laid out anyways. Anytime i hear any kind of tough talk i just have to laugh. I check my ego at the door anytime i travel and pick it back up when i get home.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pixall7887 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

NEVER,and I mean never break the law or fuck with the police in another country.Remember....there is no calling Mommy for bail money!!! You stay untill they decide to let you out.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Interesting post... I think this indeed happened to you but here's the DR perspective:

1. You have to have some form of ID at all times to be able to identify yourself if an accident happens and you must show it to a police officer if asked for it.....that is the law and if you don't like it too bad for you

2. If the police officer called you NEGRO that is most likely not meant as an insult. In the DR they call it as they see them, Chino, Gordo or Negro it doesn't carry a racist connotation most of the time (sometimes is does). If he called you a ****** it would most likely be derogatory.

Princepointe, I wouldn't recommend starting a fight on this basis, combat trained or not... fighting with the cops is the best way to an asswhooping and they won't hold back, esp if you're combat trained.

Remember you're in the DR and not in Kansas so you must obey their laws... simple as that
    Wasn't advocating starting a fight. Won't be pushed around like a pussy either though. I'm well traveled enough to know what I can and cannot get away with. After spending a little time in the pokey in a few less than desirable countries I watch myself but not to the point where i'm going to be humiliated. If you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything my friends.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by princepointe View Post
    Wasn't advocating starting a fight. Won't be pushed around like a pussy either though. I'm well traveled enough to know what I can and cannot get away with. After spending a little time in the pokey in a few less than desirable countries I watch myself but not to the point where i'm going to be humiliated. If you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything my friends.
    Fair enought to each his own approach I guess... there would still be not much you could do if they decide to rough you up a little... I believe that not always but once in a while one might come across a frustrated officer looking for a fight... in any country btw

Keeping your cool, giving no reaction and stonewalling is in my experience always the best tactical solution...

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,545 Times in 414 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jacknback View Post
    NEVER,and I mean never break the law or fuck with the police in another country.Remember....there is no calling Mommy for bail money!!! You stay untill they decide to let you out.
    something we all need to understand, we are a guest in their country and should act it.
    also, the rights we have so ingrained in our heads as americans, doesnt mean squat once you get off the plane

also, the latin culture, making eye contact with a male there, policia, etc... can be looked upon the same as trying to stare down a lion. it is a challenge. you gonna lose.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralphie1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

police harrisment in sosua, it is the girls who get taken to police station.even in front of tourists. that is real bad for the country and could effect tourism. it must stop as it is THEIR COUNTRY.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post
    something we all need to understand, we are a guest in their country and should act it.
    also, the rights we have so ingrained in our heads as americans, doesnt mean squat once you get off the plane

also, the latin culture, making eye contact with a male there, policia, etc... can be looked upon the same as trying to stare down a lion. it is a challenge. you gonna lose.
    I look the cops right in the eye, smile and nod my head, never had a problem. I show them mutual respect and that I got nothing to hide. Im there to spend money, its not his job to intimidate Tourists with his pistola.
    If I ever have to bow my head like some chump to a Cop in the DR, it will be my last trip, but before I go I will make his fucking life a living hell. There is a difference between making pleasant eye contact and staring someone down, I think you are getting the 2 confused.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie1 View Post

OK. I get what your saying but it seems like some of you believe that as US citizens we have no rights in other countries which is FALSE. Try England, Australia, Germany, and South Korea all of which I have been arrested or detained in and my citizenship/military status got me out. This isn't midnight express here. lol. Sure you may get roughed up but you won't be rotting away in jail either (especially if someone knows your there). Cops are corrupt everywhere but to carry yourself with some human dignity isn't being arrogant or feeling privileged. It's about being a man that has the right to live life unafraid. You guys are free to cower to corruption all you want but I for one will not.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    I look the cops right in the eye, smile and nod my head, never had a problem. I show them mutual respect and that I got nothing to hide. Im there to spend money, its not his job to intimidate Tourists with his pistola.
    If I ever have to bow my head like some chump to a Cop in the DR, it will be my last trip, but before I go I will make his fucking life a living hell. There is a difference between making pleasant eye contact and staring someone down, I think you are getting the 2 confused.

Well said man. The moment you can't look another man in the eyes is the moment your not a man anymore.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,745 Times in 562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    What is the law in the DR? I know in Rio, legaly, you are supposed to have your passport on you at ALL times! The good news is, you can get a notarized copy made and walk around with that, instead of your original.

What is the law in the DR about having ID?
    Good question, unless I missed it can't even find an answer at http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_p...l_circumstance or the DR embassy site, there are no "Documentation Requirements" listed like they have for CR where a copy of your passport is req'd (but many of the dumb policia don't even know the law or will try and shake you down anyway).
    Maybe DR has no official law but common sense says tourists (along with everyone else) should be required to carry some form of ID.
    "The only known aphrodisiac is variety."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information