Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: motorcycle renting

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Re: motorcycle renting

if you go to the tutti fruiti guy (read rest of this thread earlier posts) you give him your passport (not recommended) or your drivers licenses (recommended you can get a new one if needed when you get home) and pay him in cash. You can negotitate a better deal if you do multiple days. If you cant get him to budge or just want to try it out get it for a day.

Remember the time you rent it and keep the piece of paper he gives you on you in case you get pulled over thats your paperwork.

If you decide to keep it longer you can stop by and pay him or we even just bring the things back a day or 2 late and just pay the extra when were done.

ALSO take the bike for a nice test run immediately so you can notice if theirs any problems. look for the oil light if it needs oil and you usually need gas right away anyhow so hit the gas station at the end of Dr Rosen near the main highway and get some gas then cruise town a bit and test drive!

Hope this helps enjoy!

Almost forgot if you want a 200 with electric start and good mirrors theirs a guy across the street from La Bologna who rents those but hes like 350 pesos per day more expensive and wont negotiate (at least he wouldnt for us and lost rentals on 4 bikes for 10 days). But if you need the extra 75CCs and want a cleaner looking electric start try over there.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Parking during the day doesnt seem like much of a problem. Everyone rents the things and leaves them outside. We always pull up and just park outside any bar or place. At the beach there are guys who watch them and you throw them 30 pesos for the day to watch your bike all day.

A buddy of mine drive one to Classicos last trip and got so drunk he walked home and left it there. When he woke up at 6am to go fishing and walked past Classicos he saw his bike and realized it was his.

It was the ONLY BIKE outside at that hour.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    someone asked about scooter rental in Sosua in another thread so I thought it would be best to just tack on this recent info into this thread.

The place I use is tutti fruity. It next to Quixotes (sp) . Theres a yellow building headed away from the beach on the left several blocks before the chicken stand. Its got a cambio attached all one building all yellow. !
    Headed East away from the beach? I've never eaten at the Chicken Stand, how do you get there? Thanks

I did have chicken one nite from a guy who parked his cart across from Classicos, was kind of dry...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information