Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling girls vs. girls calling you

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: Calling girls vs. girls calling you

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    That Int'l plan stuff scares me. I am afraid to use my USA phone in Sosua to text or call anyone, because when I return home my bill may be off the charts. . I do use it for free WIFI to surf the net and get on the board. I dont want to give out my US number either. That Dominican phone is cheap, and comes in handy for a 10 day trip.

My US phone bill for my last 2 week trip cost me $350 extra! And that's with a Dominican phone. But, I was on hold with AA for 20 minutes trying to get rescheduled.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    My US phone bill for my last 2 week trip cost me $350 extra! And that's with a Dominican phone. But, I was on hold with AA for 20 minutes trying to get rescheduled.

All I can say is WOW!

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryatt View Post
    I started the cell action heavy this year, and it's worked for me. I kept my phone on vibrate and told chicas to text me. I also got into the habit of snapping a pic to go along with the number. That way I know who is calling, and if I wanna be bothered.
    Mine will ring and Chicas will say it is a Chica .I will just turn if off like nothing happened.They will nod their head and say Chica I just ignore their Ass.They never really push it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

You need Skype or Majic Jack

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

to me having a DR phone is clutch when im there i drive all over the island and when i see something i like i want to hop out get the # and call her later this is also the approach that has lead to many gratis sessions.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlexDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I would turn my phone off for much of the day and when I would turn it back on I would have messages from various chicas. I would only call back when I was ready and it was actually pretty funny how the tone in their voice was different from not returning their call immediately. Also if the chica called and then hung up when I answered I would not call back, sure enough within 15 minutes it would be ringing again. When asked about why I did not call back I would just say Im on vacation and if you want to talk stay on the phone otherwise I will find something else to do.

I took my own unlocked razor and rented a SIM from the Orange store just up from Baileys. My total cost was 1600 pesos. 600 pesos for renting the SIM with a 500 peso deposit, 500 more pesos got 60 minutes of talk time which was way too much as we had free nights and weekends I think. I used all of 10 minutes of my paid time even though we spent over an hour + on the phone in 7 days.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilv4play For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilv4play View Post
    I would turn my phone off for much of the day and when I would turn it back on I would have messages from various chicas. I would only call back when I was ready and it was actually pretty funny how the tone in their voice was different from not returning their call immediately. Also if the chica called and then hung up when I answered I would not call back, sure enough within 15 minutes it would be ringing again. When asked about why I did not call back I would just say Im on vacation and if you want to talk stay on the phone otherwise I will find something else to do.

I took my own unlocked razor and rented a SIM from the Orange store just up from Baileys. My total cost was 1600 pesos. 600 pesos for renting the SIM with a 500 peso deposit, 500 more pesos got 60 minutes of talk time which was way too much as we had free nights and weekends I think. I used all of 10 minutes of my paid time even though we spent over an hour + on the phone in 7 days.
    I call that Dominican dialing when they call and hang up. They don't want to use their minutes so they hang up and wait for you to call back. It's funny I call it that now in the US when someone calls and doesn't leave a message but expects that I'll call back when I see the missed call.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,035 Times in 2,159 Posts

When chicas do that call and hang up thing to save pesos I just ignore them. If I do want to talk to them, I just reply with a text.

With Claro incoming texts are free, and outgoing texts are 1.5 pesos. If your Spanish is good enough, or someone around you can help, forget talking to these chicas and stick to text. I find it is much easier to understand anyways, since they talk about 100 miles an hour, but text you can read at your own pace.

If you have a data phone, you can download the google translate app on your phone. Type in english, it will translate, and there is a button to send it direct to your text message - same with incoming spanish to english. Works great, and helps to learn.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nakom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    When chicas do that call and hang up thing to save pesos I just ignore them. If I do want to talk to them, I just reply with a text.

With Claro incoming texts are free, and outgoing texts are 1.5 pesos. If your Spanish is good enough, or someone around you can help, forget talking to these chicas and stick to text. I find it is much easier to understand anyways, since they talk about 100 miles an hour, but text you can read at your own pace.

If you have a data phone, you can download the google translate app on your phone. Type in english, it will translate, and there is a button to send it direct to your text message - same with incoming spanish to english. Works great, and helps to learn.
    I never learned how to text. The technology is beyond me (or I am just too lazy to learn).

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,338 Times in 6,473 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Calling girls vs. girls calling you

I have a phone I think its a good benefit to have a number that chicas can contact you at. I use Orange and I dont really like Claro, I had it on one of my trips and I went back to Orange.

Another plus to having a phone is if you find one you really like you can have her contact. I found that this doesnt always work because chicas lose or have their phones stolen or they simply just replace the phone and dont think to keep the same sim card. But you'd be good for at least your trip, the things I mentioned above usually happen after some time not a week.

The way I see it too you can build up a menu of chicas for whenever your appetite is ready for a specific type of chica, you just flip through your phone.

This is a great thread.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

OOOUCH!

Any flight change requirements I usually take care of at the airport. Last trip the flight change cost me $6 and the ride to the airport was $35. I've found that I do much better with face to face transactions. Requesting a lavatory seat is a great ice breaker. It's amazing what those ticketing agents can come up with when people aren't screaming at them.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,383 Times in 13,907 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    OOOUCH!

Any flight change requirements I usually take care of at the airport. Last trip the flight change cost me $6 and the ride to the airport was $35. I've found that I do much better with face to face transactions. Requesting a lavatory seat is a great ice breaker. It's amazing what those ticketing agents can come up with when people aren't screaming at them.
    Oh so true. A simple "Hi, I hope you're having a great day" really goes a long way.

They deal with so many jerks that the person that comes along and treats them with a little care and kindness can reap some great benefits.

I've gotten 3-4 complimentary tickets while requesting a bump, upgrades to 1st class, free booze in coach.... the list is endless. All because I'm the "very polite, sympathetic for the crap they have put up with" kind of guy.

when I was a frequent traveller, the girls in the Admirals club were always pleased to see me.

How many guys do you think take them little momentos and gifts for the great service they give?

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for those "airline warriors"
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Oh so true. A simple "Hi, I hope you're having a great day" really goes a long way.

They deal with so many jerks that the person that comes along and treats them with a little care and kindness can reap some great benefits.

I've gotten 3-4 complimentary tickets while requesting a bump, upgrades to 1st class, free booze in coach.... the list is endless. All because I'm the "very polite, sympathetic for the crap they have put up with" kind of guy.

when I was a frequent traveller, the girls in the Admirals club were always pleased to see me.

How many guys do you think take them little momentos and gifts for the great service they give?

I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for those "airline warriors"
    Now, that is not a bad idea.

The last three times I have flown out of POP solo with Air Canada the chica at the counter assigned me the best seat on the plane - in the emergency row (lots of leg room) with only one seat next to me and an empty space on the other side of me.

If this happens again the next time, maybe I'll give her a bottle of perfume.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    Now, that is not a bad idea.

The last three times I have flown out of POP solo with Air Canada the chica at the counter assigned me the best seat on the plane - in the emergency row (lots of leg room) with only one seat next to me and an empty space on the other side of me.

If this happens again the next time, maybe I'll give her a bottle of perfume.
    Save the perfume for the Putas. You trying to get her fired?

Take the time to write a favorable service review ad send it in to corporate with her name prominently mentioned as te best example of customer service that you can describe. This will go into her personnel folder and it may make the difference in her receiving a promotion or avoiding a layoff.

Give the gift of appreciation. It's the gift that keeps on giving.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Save the perfume for the Putas.

That is what I usually do.

You trying to get her fired?

Take the time to write a favorable service review ad send it in to corporate with her name prominently mentioned as te best example of customer service that you can describe. This will go into her personnel folder and it may make the difference in her receiving a promotion or avoiding a layoff.

An even better .

I am flying on Air Canada my next trip to POP, so if I see her I will get her name and do exactly what you mentioned.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,411 Times in 78,295 Posts

Save the perfume for the Putas. You trying to get her fired?

I know Spirit sub contracts their people and who ever they work for, will fire them to keep the salaries and benefits low.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

much agreed, great advice
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    When you have a DR phone girls you've been with can call you. One advantage of this is that when a girl calls you it puts her in a weaker bargaining position. She probably needs money and you may be able to use that to your advantage in negotiating how much you are willing to pay.

Compare that to when you call a girl and ask her to come over. In that case, the girl knows you are the one with needs and she may use that to negotiate the price a bit higher.

Does anyone have thoughts on this?

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to custemmade For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm arriving in Sousa next Friday afternoon for a week. This will be my 4th visit in the past year. Two of the three times I've visited Sosua, I met a friend there & we pretty much hung out & partied together. I'll be meeting him again on this mext trip next week. He always picks up a D.R. cell phone on his visits to the D.R.

I've always just taken my cell with me on all my trips & use it 2 or 3 times max to call back home. I normally make my calls in Miami during my lay-over to & from the D.R.. I see the reason for having a cell if you like & invite having chicas calling you. If it suits your needs, like my buddy enjoys the chicas calling him, I think he actually enjoys all the drama too. But he's also able to experience the chance to get some when he's feeling it. He normally has at least 2 or 3 chicas calling him, & he normally has one & with friends coming to meet us during the day time too.

I've always been of the philosophy that I just don't want to be bothered on my vacation. If I want to talk to someone I'll call you. . . But after reading this thread, it's got me thinking & maybe re-evaluating getting a D.R. when I arrive next week . . Maybe, we'll see. .

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fulltanman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nakom View Post
    If you have a data phone, you can download the google translate app on your phone.
    I have ALWAYS turned my data capabilities off when arriving in POP, on both my DR phone and US phone, and work with WiFi. No charges.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I have ALWAYS turned my data capabilities off when arriving in POP, on both my DR phone and US phone, and work with WiFi. No charges.
    Words to live by. It will add up quick if you don't.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information