Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

What was that about the new police being "chica friendly" on Sosua News the other day?!?!?!?!? After reading this article, he doesn't seem that way to me:
    http://www.puertoplat****la.com/articles.php?art_id=7670&start=1

POLITUR APRESA MUJERES EN EL MUNICIPIO DE SOSUA
    Publicado el : September 09, 2011 |

Unas 40 mujeres fueron apresadas en el municipio turístico Sosua, durante operativos llevado a cabo por oficiales de la Policía Turística (Politur).

La información la ofreció el capitán Jhonny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, quien dijo que las mujeres apresadas se dedicaban a molestar a los turistas que visitan esa zona turística.

El encargado de Politur en Sosua, señaló que los operativos continuaran para evitar que los turistas sigan siendo molestados y victimas de robos por parte de mujeres que se dedican a ejercer la prostitucion en ese lugar.

I thought that all politur were going to cease and desist their harassment of chicas in town???????????????????????????????

Interesting.......I will be anxious to see how many of what I call the "hardcore" chicas I'll see in the Merengue Bar on my first night back. The hardcore ones, are girls who I have seen in Merengue, night after night, after night.......month after month, year after year........they're the ones who start at one end of the bar and propostion every guy sitting there, working their way to the other end, until they get an offer........

I would suspect the majority will still be there, without mentioning specific names....(these are the girls I stay FAR away from)

My assumption would be that, at the present, the cops are harassing and arresting the new girls that come into town, because they probably can be easier to intimidate and extort money and sexual favors from.....but that is just my own speculation.....

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

I talked to a good looking girl from Santiago that told me she got arrested in front of Clasicos about a week ago.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

They were locking them up last week. In fact, I saw the police stop two couples and take the girls away from the men and walk them to the police station. (So there goes the idea that they are safe if they are walking with a tourist).

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

Unless girls have money and after a quota is filled arresting girls is pointless. Moreover, if there are no girls on the strip there is no money to extort, less money for businesses payouts etc.
    In my August several weeks saw only one girl walked away to the station.
    My guess is it's a new broom again.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

I've been here 3 nights and the girls can pretty much walk back and forth with no problems. So far I only saw 2 girls together get stopped last night in front of Bar Central. One girl showed her ID and she was allowed to go on her way. The other girl didn't have ID and she pretty much did a fast 180 toward Latinos and was not pursued.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Some recent experiences: 1.Poli-Pussy fighting and wresting a chica to the street. 2. Poli-Pussies arresting 3 chicas on P.C. 3. Poli-Pussy fighting a 9 year old child on the way to jail. 4.Poli-Pussy ''beach sweep'' for Haitianas. 5. AMRATS accosting a German National over a moto-concho parking violation. Their huge billy clubs were ready to kill him!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Well last night there were only about half the chicas out on the strip I would attribute it to the rain and being a Sunday. Left New Garden and turned the corner by fat Herman's and the new National police commander was their smoking a cigar. He was there must of the night and didn't bother any chicas. The tourist police were located between Latinos and Meringue bar and I seen them arrest at least 3 chicas.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    My assumption would be that, at the present, the cops are harassing and arresting the new girls that come into town, because they probably can be easier to intimidate and extort money and sexual favors from.....but that is just my own speculation.....
    Anybody that was delusional about Sosúa returning to the good old days should read the above.

Prolly, at best, Sosúa will be only as good as it is now. At, worst, most of the chicas going there now will be scared off - leaving only the hardest of the hardcore..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa.

Interesting.......I will be anxious to see how many of what I call the "hardcore" chicas I'll see in the Merengue Bar on my first night back. The hardcore ones, are girls who I have seen in Merengue, night after night, after night.......month after month, year after year........they're the ones who start at one end of the bar and propostion every guy sitting there, working their way to the other end, until they get an offer........
    I agree with you that some of the girls in Merengue club have been there for years.
    But, I wouldn't say they are all hardcore. I know quite a few of them and most them are decent girls just trying to make a living.

I would say the more hardcore ones are upstairs in Classicos - aggressive, pick-pockets etc.

And BTW, what is with the blue text? It is really irritating on the eyes.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    Anybody that was delusional about Sosúa returning to the good old days should read the above.

Prolly, at best, Sosúa will be only as good as it is now. At, worst, most of the chicas going there now will be scared off - leaving only the hardest of the hardcore..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa.

I agree with you that some of the girls in Merengue club have been there for years.
    But, I wouldn't say they are all hardcore. I know quite a few of them and most them are decent girls just trying to make a living.

I would say the more hardcore ones are upstairs in Classicos - aggressive, pick-pockets etc.

And BTW, what is with the blue text? It is really irritating on the eyes.
    Muy lo siento.........I thought it would be an appropriate color given the somewhat depressing situation in Sosua......

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Great reports, I can second the recent reports on the ground.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

And of course the ''vermin'' are free = drug dealers, chulo's, pickpockets, hard core ho's, street hustlers, etc.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

..........and even those might be scared off after the 'dream team 92' makes their run through Sosúa.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I thought that all politur were going to cease and desist their harassment of chicas in town???????????????????????????????
    They are going to de-puta Pedro Clisante. It is what it is.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 526 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    That just fucking sucks..so at this point next year no more chicas on PC? I guess I better start making a trip every month instead of every year before this becomes a sweet distant memory

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Actually if u think about it, they're messing with the only welfare system in place for the DR

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Since last December there's been a roller coaster of negativity followed by hype then more negativity. Thankfully when I went in March I had reason to believe the positive hype rather than the scarcity negative thinking. While PC wasn't flooded with chicas during the day, there were enough and more than enough on any given night. I believe from 9/14-9/21 there will be plenty for us. Peace and hair grease.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Actually if u think about it, they're messing with the only welfare system in place for the DR
    True, but Sosúa is just a small fabric of the prostitution infrastructure of the DR.

Casas, brothels, etc are throughout the country. And of course there are the part-time chicas (eg. university students) who hook for extra cash. The majority of men served by prostys in the DR are Dominican men living in the DR.

Ending open air prostitution in Sosúa prolly won't make much of a dent in the revenue generated by prostitution in the country as a whole. So that welfare system will still be intact.

And most of the prostys who work in the Su come from somewhere else on the island (Santo Domingo, Santiago, Barahona etc.) If they can't work in the Su than they will go hook somewhere else - I mean, what else are they gonna do.

I remember talking to a Dominican friend who lives in Puerto Plata. I commented to him "There are a lot of putas in POP, right" and he replied "En todo del pais".

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

True, but Sosúa is just a small fabric of the prostitution infrastructure of the DR.
    My comment was in general for the DR, not exclusive to Sosua. Apart from a certain area in Bavaro, Sousa is probably #2 with what chicas average from most visitors. What they get from locals is another matter which is in most cases couldn't buy a 300gr bag of leche for the baby

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Same story as I posted above, but translated with added embellishments:
    http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

Friday night, September 9th, the Tourist Police (Politur) raided the bars of the Pedro Clisante street again. The police arrested more than 40 women and brought them to the police station were they had to spend the night in a filthy cell. The commander of the police Johnny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, justified the action by saying that the ladies harassed tourists. Also, there were thought to be pickpockets, among the women, who had recently robbed some tourists. Through this action it seems that the policy of being a bit more tolerant in the past few weeks has been broken again. Since a committee of the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health (Salud Público) had visited Sosúa, the policy of the police had been more cautious.

But with this wave of arrests last Friday, it seems that the repressive policies have returned.

Politur arrested 40 women

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Next step, reinstalling the privacy wall again at Latinos......hahahahah........

How Dominican officials operate: take one step forward, then three steps back......

......surprise!!!!!! No progress made at all.........duh...............

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information