Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Not necessary, just switch the flight to Medellin!

The bus will get you to the Capital in 5 hours.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Re: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I was just asked by a Supervisor with the National Police stationed in the capital, to be the God father of his recently born daughter, the ceremony is scheduled to be held the second Sunday in Feb. Right after my trip to Sosua. I was surprised that he asked me, but also honored, so when he asked after a bit of consideration I agreed. Hopefully that relationship, will give me some insights into what their thought process is, next time I see him I will ask him about some of this, I am curious about his reply, although a supervisor I am sure the decisions are made much higher up. But maybe he will have some insight none-the-less.
    Padrinos usually traditionally pick up the tab for at least the booze at these affairs and that means buying for the family and their 450 cousins who will now attend as they know a gringo is the padrino...LOL

Just being a tad cynical here Yayow but I would have declared atheism, left the country or whatever to get out of it

One of those between a rock and a hard place situations IMO.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Not necessary, just switch the flight to Medellin!
    Only sucks if you like Haitians. Shouldn't matter one way or another if you're into Dominicanas.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

I am still a bit curious, why this is going on in Sosua, I mean I haven't seen any of this in the capital, or even Boca Chica, afterall Boca Chica is a whore town as well, isn't it? and there is no crackdown, it may have more to do with the future plans they have for Sosua than anything else. If it was strictly about putas you would think it would be any place where there are putas, and for a small town Boca Chica has quite a large puta population, and as of yet no problems with any crackdowns

Has anyone heard of any crackdowns any where else, Santiago, Puerto Plata, Punta Cana, Semana?
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Padrinos usually traditionally pick up the tab for at least the booze at these affairs and that means buying for the family and their 450 cousins who will now attend as they know a gringo is the padrino...LOL

Just being a tad cynical here Yayow but I would have declared atheism, left the country or whatever to get out of it

One of those between a rock and a hard place situations IMO.

Jajaja

Yeah I was cuious about that as well, and asked my ex, what the responsibilities were, so we actually called the guy before I agreed, and when she got off the phone she said I would buy the dress that she gets baptized in, maybe 2,000 pesos since she's a baby, no mention of booze but I wouldn't mind giving a helping hand with the booze a bit, as long as I am not taken total advantage of, after all, if I need him in his capacity as LE, he will be there for me.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

after all, if I need him in his capacity as LE, he will be there for me.
    As you already know, that could be worth 100 times more then what you will spend on a baby's dress
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

I am still a bit curious, why this is going on in Sosua, I mean I haven't seen any of this in the capital, or even Boca Chica, afterall Boca Chica is a whore town as well, isn't it? and there is no crackdown, it may have more to do with the future plans they have for Sosua than anything else.
    Not sure if this has anything to do with this latest crackdown in Sosua. However, read this report today about the north coast tourism business which did not include any information about Sosua and Cabarete. I have heard recently that only the Ocean World Resorts have enjoyed seasonal increases this winter. As far as POP goes with any crack downs, non that I've seen.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tou...otel-occupancy

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Cool Re: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

For the first time in a week, I walked P.C.. From 930pm to 1045pm, I saw no Poli-Pussies and no arrests. Many Haitianas in the bars. I cannot explain the inconsistencies of this police state!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    For the first time in a week, I walked P.C.. From 930pm to 1045pm, I saw no Poli-Pussies and no arrests. Many Haitianas in the bars. I cannot explain the inconsistencies of this police state!
    That's because you haven't lived here long enough yet.

I won't even go into the whole Padrino thing for Yayow, but it's a lot more than a dress.

They take that stuff seriously here.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

I won't even go into the whole Padrino thing for Yayow, but it's a lot more than a dress.

Probably more to it I am sure, but can only go by the advice of my ex, who was born here, and I spoke to her before pulling the trigger, as well as had her talk with him. I also was on the other side, as my daughter received her first Communion and Confirmation in this country.

Whatever the case, I won't be taken advantage of, and it only allows me to get more involved in the culture, which is something I want, the fact that he is involved in LE, and then I can say I am the Godfather of his daughter, can only help as I see it. Because I do know they take that stuff seriously, it will be helpful that I can say that.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

Compadres!! It might have gotten ugly of you had said no. At least in Santiago, saying no to an offer to be compadres is like telling that person you want nothing to do with them and might ruin the friendship.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    Compadres!! It might have gotten ugly of you had said no. At least in Santiago, saying no to an offer to be compadres is like telling that person you want nothing to do with them and might ruin the friendship.

One of the reasons I consulted my ex, as she obviously knows the culture much better than I, and I am not looking to insult anyone, simply because of whatever ignorance I may have about a part of their culture.

As I said, I considered it an honor to be considered.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    I don't know where you were walking along P.C to miss all the POLITUR active., but I can tell you that I was at Rumba and well as El Cultivo from about 730-1000 and saw POLITUR all over the place and let me be more specific by saying that I saw about three groups of POLITUR motoconchos and two POLITUR Pick-ups active. Also several POLITUR walking about.

Specifically, POLITUR cornered a couple of Haitianas between Dr. Rosen and KIKA massage in a small gangway. I did not stick around to see how it ended. Also I saw two POLITUR motoconchos pick up two Haitianas and drive away next to SUPER SUPER liquor store. Several motoconcho guys just watched so I did stick around until the POLITUR drove off with them around 1030pm. Right after I spoke with the security guy at the bank next to SUPER SUPER and he told me that the POLITUR was cracking down on the Haitianas because of the new immigration laws and if they are undocumented they are sent back to Haiti-through Puerto Plata first though. He said there was a tourist killed recently by two Haitianas and he was robbed of alot of money, but he did not know if it also played a role in the crackdown.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to praguealchemist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

LordG and I were on Clisante between 9pm and 11pm and the police presence was very noticeable. A politur truck was parked at the corner of Rosen and Clisante in front of that vacant building the entire time we were there together chatting. As I was walking back to the hotel a little after 11pm, two cops were detaining a Haitian girl about half way up Rosen from Clisante near Hotel Don Antonio. Last night's action was not near as aggressive as the beach raid a few days ago but it was most certainly heavier than the normal from my experiences here.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Quote Originally Posted by praguealchemist View Post
    I don't know where you were walking along P.C to miss all the POLITUR active., but I can tell you that I was at Rumba and well as El Cultivo from about 730-1000 and saw POLITUR all over the place and let me be more specific by saying that I saw about three groups of POLITUR motoconchos and two POLITUR Pick-ups active. Also several POLITUR walking about.

Specifically, POLITUR cornered a couple of Haitianas between Dr. Rosen and KIKA massage in a small gangway. I did not stick around to see how it ended. Also I saw two POLITUR motoconchos pick up two Haitianas and drive away next to SUPER SUPER liquor store. Several motoconcho guys just watched so I did stick around until the POLITUR drove off with them around 1030pm. Right after I spoke with the security guy at the bank next to SUPER SUPER and he told me that the POLITUR was cracking down on the Haitianas because of the new immigration laws and if they are undocumented they are sent back to Haiti-through Puerto Plata first though. He said there was a tourist killed recently by two Haitianas and he was robbed of alot of money, but he did not know if it also played a role in the crackdown.
    Again anoche, the Poli-Pussies and AMRATS were doing their evil deeds!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread Information