Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 09/2011 - Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,650 Times in 2,270 Posts

Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

It seems to be a nationwide thing. Leonel just appointed a new head of police to restore order and reduce delinquency. Santiago looks like a city under martial law with all the police cars and officers wandering around. They're almost on every corner.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to uncle ruckus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

total craziness, just got off the phone w/ chica I spent two nights with while in Sosua she was in a panic because she just got picked up. unfortunately I am in santo domingo now; can't be of much help. they may of figured out a way to seriously slow down prostitution in Sosua, based on what she was saying I doubt you will see her there again for a while.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle ruckus View Post
    It seems to be a nationwide thing. Leonel just appointed a new head of police to restore order and reduce delinquency. Santiago looks like a city under martial law with all the police cars and officers wandering around. They're almost on every corner.
    Okay now this really sucks. This shit is starting to affect the areas where I like to play. Damn!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    Same story as I posted above, but translated with added embellishments:
    http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

Friday night, September 9th, the Tourist Police (Politur) raided the bars of the Pedro Clisante street again. The police arrested more than 40 women and brought them to the police station were they had to spend the night in a filthy cell. The commander of the police Johnny Alberto Liranzo Bocio, justified the action by saying that the ladies harassed tourists. Also, there were thought to be pickpockets, among the women, who had recently robbed some tourists. Through this action it seems that the policy of being a bit more tolerant in the past few weeks has been broken again. Since a committee of the Ministry of Tourism and the Ministry of Health (Salud Público) had visited Sosúa, the policy of the police had been more cautious.

But with this wave of arrests last Friday, it seems that the repressive policies have returned.

Click to see pic Politur arrested 40

women

I have no idea what Sosua news is talking about. I was out on the strip all Friday night and didn't see any chicas get arrested. Not one and I was back and forth bar hoping. That picture they posted must be old. Sunday night I did see girls getting arrested but it was no big raid. Just the police standing in between Latinos and Clasicos checking ID's.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,762 Times in 1,628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    I have no idea what Sosua news is talking about. I was out on the strip all Friday night and didn't see any chicas get arrested. Not one and I was back and forth bar hoping. That picture they posted must be old. Sunday night I did see girls getting arrested but it was no big raid. Just the police standing in between Latinos and Clasicos checking ID's.
    Screw all this negative publicity. They want us to read this shit and scare us from going there.

I am not gonna let this affect my plans. I've got a couple trips in the making within the next 4 months to the Su and I know I will be able to find poontang there. And I have some numbers too.

I hope you are reading this.......... mayor Iliana.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,787 Times in 526 Posts

Pictures Re: Politur Still Arresting Chicas in Sosua.....

Quote Originally Posted by DASBOOTY View Post
    Screw all this negative publicity. They want us to read this shit and scare us from going there.

I am not gonna let this affect my plans. I've got a couple trips in the making within the next 4 months to the Su and I know I will be able to find poontang there. And I have some numbers too.

I hope you are reading this.......... mayor Iliana.

Hear ye hear ye...I also have some trips coming up and I will not let the poli-pussy's scare me from going there and putting my hard earned money to mongering use

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elmudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You guys are right, it shouldn't effect your planned trips, there were plenty of chicas there this past weekend and I am sure there will be plenty there when you guys get there as well. Maybe not as many but plenty to choose from, I know that I tend to forget about the little town up north as I go about my daily life, but as I told my boy Fred, I will put a conscious effort to making sure I spend a little more time in Sosua, there are good people up there, and still a lot of fun to be had, with some really fine chicas.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    I am getting so tired of the sky is falling stuff. Thanks Gutter Meat, I trust the on the ground reports more than the media crap floating around. I have been in Sosua 3 times since November and it has not slowed down my fun...yeah it's a bit slower but still had a blast. Chicken Little would fit right in.....

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

I think Sosua had hit its peak, as far as mongering goes, 2 -3 years ago. Gone is having to "walk the gauntlet" of pussy from the Merengue Bar down to the Bermuda Bar.

No doubt you can still get booty with ease in Sosua, but the selection and quality ain't quite what it used to be......I'm afraid the real "Wild West" days of Sosua have passed...

Everytime I walk Pedro Clisante and the beach, I can't help thinking how it used to be.....

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FritoBandito View Post
    I think Sosua had hit its peak,

Gone is having to "walk the gauntlet" of pussy from the Merengue Bar down to the Bermuda Bar.

the selection and quality ain't quite what it used to be......I'm afraid the real "Wild West" days of Sosua have passed...

Everytime I walk Pedro Clisante and the beach, I can't help thinking how it used to be.....
    glad I got to experience it two years ago........it really made Sosua what it was......
    if it wasn't for all the hookers in Sosua, I would have been bored to tears there.......

now it's just a regular Caribbean tourist trap with some bars and hookers.....
    without the massive amount of hookers the business's in Sosua are down the toilet......
    as is the mongering......if may come back someday.....but not for years and years

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    glad I got to experience it two years ago........it really made Sosua what it was......
    if it wasn't for all the hookers in Sosua, I would have been bored to tears there.......

now it's just a regular Caribbean tourist trap with some bars and hookers.....
    without the massive amount of hookers the business's in Sosua are down the toilet......
    as is the mongering......if may come back someday.....but not for years and years
    It will prolly never come back to like it was in it's heyday!

Word is out now to any girls on the island-that were thinking about going there to earn money-that they will get their asses busted if they go.

And businesses have closed around town. PJs and the restaurant behind it are closed. I was told PJs closed temporarily because of the slow season, but now I think it closed because the economy of Sosúa is down......period.

And with the world economy looking like it is going into another downturn......it will prolly get worse in the Su.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It will prolly never come back to like it was in it's heyday!

Word is out now to any girls on the island-that were thinking about going there to earn money-that they will get their asses busted if they go.

And businesses have closed around town. PJs and the restaurant behind it are closed. I was told PJs closed temporarily because of the slow season, but now I think it closed because the economy of Sosúa is down......period.

And with the world economy looking like it is going into another downturn......it will prolly get worse in the Su.
    Yes but as the world economy goes down, don't cute chicks need to feed their families..I'd expect mongering to continue in Sosua. Girls who need to make money will keep coming there as long as they know mongers are there no? The need to make money and feed their kids is for real..this is why I plan on going each month for the next 3 months.

But yes I agree with all that it will never be like the old days..until they get a new mayor

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to elmudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elmudo View Post
    Yes but as the world economy goes down, don't cute chicks need to feed their families..I'd expect mongering to continue in Sosua. Girls who need to make money will keep coming there as long as they know mongers are there no? The need to make money and feed their kids is for real..this is why I plan on going each month for the next 3 months.

But yes I agree with all that it will never be like the old days..until they get a new mayor
    Yeah, as long there are mongers the chicas will keep coming, but it prolly will be the same chicas who have been plying the trade in the Su for the last 2-3 years. Not much new talent coming in.

That being said, it is still a good place to go to get poontang at a reasonable price. Just look at the high prices the guys are paying in Punta Cana/Bavaro for toto.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Yeah, as long there are mongers the chicas will keep coming, but it prolly will be the same chicas who have been plying the trade in the Su for the last 2-3 years. Not much new talent coming in.

That being said, it is still a good place to go to get guys are paying in Punta Cana/Bavaro for toto.
    How much of the booty on a weekly basis is new? If out of the 200 chicas on a night even if only 10 are new than that's good enough for me. Sooner or later I will find the new snatch

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to elmudo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elmudo View Post
    How much of the booty on a weekly basis is new? If out of the 200 chicas on a night even if only 10 are new than that's good enough for me. Sooner or later I will find the new snatch
    Happy hunting !

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DASBOOTY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is an interesting dilemma, however the reason why the Mayor can do this is because many of her constituents that live in Sosua absolutely support her. Spoke to a few that I knew while there about the situation, and I kept hearing things like: this will improve Sosua, and that they support it because before they couldn't walk the streets after a certain hour with their wives and children because of drunk ill behaved mongers, who would hit on their wives and curse etc. in front of their children.

Not really what we want to hear, but the other side of the coin, for those that live there. I know when I lived there and my daughter came to visit me on occasion, I had to avoid certain areas of the town, and I had to have my daughter at home by the time darkness came because I didn't want her exposed to certain things. Their main thing from talking to a few is that they didn't want to stop prostitution, they just wanted it behind closed doors, and not having the putas stopping traffic, and causing an eyesore, and promoting pick pocketing etc.

32. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

I always disliked the gauntlet. The first time it was a novelty. The third time I was like; "Get your fucking hands off me". And yayow is right. They are just trying to get it more out of your face, not get rid of it. As a guy that lives here I prefer the streets clearer and less hustlers and shit. The chicas are always here.
    Enjoy it while you can.

34. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

I ain't no Chicken Little, facts are facts.

And most of you guys are missing a couple important facts. They're not importing the chicas off the island. They're still there and still want your pesos.

And they haven't made prostitution illegal.

They're taking Pedro Clisante back, and cleaning up other downtowns. Yeah, they'll be ups and downs, good nights and bad nights.

Get your heads outa the sand.

36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,526 Times in 648 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    It is an interesting dilemma, however the reason why the Mayor can do this is because many of her constituents that live in Sosua absolutely support her. Spoke to a few that I knew while there about the situation, and I kept hearing things like: this will improve Sosua, and that they support it because before they couldn't walk the streets after a certain hour with their wives and children because of drunk ill behaved mongers, who would hit on their wives and curse etc. in front of their children.

Not really what we want to hear, but the other side of the coin, for those that live there. I know when I lived there and my daughter came to visit me on occasion, I had to avoid certain areas of the town, and I had to have my daughter at home by the time darkness came because I didn't want her exposed to certain things. Their main thing from talking to a few is that they didn't want to stop prostitution, they just wanted it behind closed doors, and not having the putas stopping traffic, and causing an eyesore, and promoting pick pocketing etc.
    I wouldn't be surprised that some mongers hit on Illana in town, before she was mayor, which probably made her so vindictive against mongers today......she got to experience first-hand what it was like to be a single woman walking down Pedro C. and dealing with rude foreign men........

.......it's always the jerk-off minority who always ruin it for the well-mannered majority............

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FritoBandito For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    "taking back Pedro clisante" does that mean havens like classicos/merengue will be closed or that they are going to usher the chicas into these havens, into my loving arms??!!

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elmudo For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information