Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 !

Thanks

Trip Report El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 !

Friends

I was in Boca Chica between 18-22 Dec 2006. Here is a quick update on our ISOC favourite El Caucho.

Prior to my trip, based on advice from one of my friends on WSG, I reserved a room at Costa Lunga, a full 15 days before. Their email on bocachicabeach.net did not work, so I called and made a reservation. I was not sure how much they understood and all that... So I called few days later and I was told that the room is in my name etc.. I was impressed.

Then I got to reading all articles about El Caucho and about Abbey and Frank. I was impressed by how they treat ISOC members and their trouble with Italian land lady etc.. Having learned that they are back in business...I really wanted to help them out by choosing to stay at El Caucho than at Costa Lunga! ..Welll that proved to be a big mistake!

When I decided to stay at El Caucho, I called and left a voicemail for Franceso..He never called back.. I also sent them a email using the latest address on their website.. I got a response from Francesco..( See below)

Hello, hope you are well, sorry I missed your call.....my phone doesn't ring when charging battery. However, I confirm all your requests (room + airport pickup)..... I hope I will be able to come to the airport as well to welcoming you.
    In the mean time...take care of yourself and see you on the 18th.
    Best regards,
    Francesco

When I saw the email, I was flattered to learn that Francesco was going to come and recieve me personally!..

So I was on Delta to DR on 12/18/2006. Delta serves the crappiest food I have ever eaten on a plane on that route. I arrived at SDQ and kept looking for a driver with my name on a card!.. After spending 1 hour I got tired and rented a local cab and went to El Caucho.

There was a skinny receptionist and weird buzzboy in the office. When I mentioned about my reservation, the skinny one acted like a dope and said there were no rooms for me. I insisted that Francesco made a reservation and she tried calling Frank and got no response. She finally said she will give me a room and told that weirdo buzzboy to take me to a room. He showed me a room and it looked like a dump. I did not like it... The skinny one kept looking at computer..I was thinking that the hotel was totally filled up with guests and they are finding it very hard to accomodate me and the reality was that there were no guest ready rooms to allocate. There were 4 guests at the hotel including me. I was thinking of taking a cab back to Cost Lunga but was not willing to do so as it might hurt Frank and Abbey.(I did not know at this point that Frank and Abbey were no longer associated with El Caucho). The skinny one talks with weirdo in Spanish and he takes me to two other rooms and I did not like them. By the time I came back I see a change in skinny's attitude. Looks like Frank had talked with this one and she told the weirdo to take me to another room..The room looked ok with AC, and two refrigerators and no safe deposit box. So I asked skinny about safe deposit box and she said she will get it by tomorrow. (I kind of had a Plan B for a situation like this and had brougt a suitcase with built in lock.) I said ok and checked into the room. The weirdo would not even get my suitcase. I have to mention one bizzare incident here. While I was going through this hassle with skinny one at the office room, the weirdo got a hammer from somewhere and kept banging at a locked room leading from office to the back of the office. It was so noisy and he kept on doing it while I was trying hard to negotiate with the skinny one.

After I checked into room, I realized that both the refrigerators dont work. There was a big crack in front wooden door and anybody could see into bedroom action. The time was almost 4pm and I really wanted to go out and get a chica and fuck.

The safe deposit box never came .. I went to office again and I saw a lady called Josefina (current manager of El Caucho). She is a nice lady and she explained that hotel was shut down for 3 months and she is trying very hard to get it back to running again. I was impressed with her openness and decided that I would put up with that room without safedeposit box, without hot water.

I went to an internet place in WU premises and shot off a strong email to Frank.. See his reply below

XXXXX,

I am terribly sorry for what has happend to you, I had very bad personal issues (family) and I was unable to be present. However I gave instructions to the administration at the hotel about your airport pickup (flight details) and I am now shocked to have read your bad experience.
    As per this accident you are the first one to know that I am not involved with the hotel and make sure that both I.S.O.C and W.S.G will know about it.
    Tomorrow I will talk to you personally and again...I am very sorry!
    Regards,
    Francesco

When I read about it, I did not know what to make of it as I have decided to stay at El Caucho only for the sake of Frank and Abbey. Meanwhile, Josefina showed me another room, where the tV was not in the frame but on side table... I was not even sure whether any of the stuff works..so I told her I would prefer to stay where I am...The refrigerator and the AC would make strange noises in the night and I could not sleep all the 4 nights.

Josefina turned out to be one nice person... She is very affectionate and would hug me at the drop of a hat...She has a nice set of rack and I did mind she hugging me. I stayed in El Caucho all 4 nights. Here are the final comments on the hotel...

Pro:

- No problem with getting chicas into hotel
    - gate keeper would check Cedula and keep it with him
    - Josefina is one hell of a nice person
    - Has inhouse chicas who start at a minimum of 2000 pesos for ST and they
    all live in the premises
    - a good liquor store nearby and a farmacy right infront of hotel
    -Beach is very near.

Cons:

- Add an additonal 1000 pesos to your budget for Motoconchos as this is very far from Duarte.
    - Some of the chicas inhouse dont honor the commitment. One girl decieved me and never showed up at my room at 12am...I had to settle for not so good looking chica with nice tits and butt
    - The hotel needs lot of maintainace and one needs to be understanding and put up with any shortcomings.

I had to give this information to our members so that they can expect what they get when they make an option . Also Frank has advised me to let ISOC know about his involvement in El Caucho. Not sure about Abbey at this point.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 405 Posts

Re: El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 !

Thanks for the update. When I was in Boca Chica last summer, I did not stay there because of bad things I heard from reliable sources. I will not go into detail because I could not personally confirm them.

When I am in Boca, I stay at El Candil: close to the action and the Nightman I have come to known.

Thanks

I am very disappointed to read this, because what separated El Caucho from the rest of the Hotels was the way that it tends to the needs of its guests.

The hotel was never that great as far as structural quality, but they made up with it with their attentiveness to your needs..For instance if they didnt have a girl that you liked, they would ask you your type and bring about four or five back to choose from.

Thanks for the update, Do you have a review to add of Costalunga or El Candil?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 ! 24/12/2006

Very true, we are not anymore associated with the hotel.

Manigault is right...due to problems with management We will not be there anymore and we are looking for something else..!

Sorry guys...

Merry Christmas to all the members

Abbey and Frankie

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kammakaze1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by symbologist View Post
    comments on the hotel...

Pro:

- Has inhouse chicas who start at a minimum of 2000 pesos for ST ...
    2000 for a ST, shouldn't that be listed as a con?

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Some guys think $2500 is a bargain,
    I just pay half price when this becomes the going rate.

Happy Holidays,

mp

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Re: El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 ! 24/12/2006

Quote Originally Posted by kammakaze1 View Post
    Very true, we are not anymore associated with the hotel.

Manigault is right...due to problems with management We will not be there anymore and we are looking for something else..!

Sorry guys...

Merry Christmas to all the members

Abbey and Frankie

Damn, And I was planning to stay there too.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,078 Posts

I would have got another room, from somewhere else.... But Thanks for the Pros and cons... Do you have any pictures of the place???
    The "Ghost Wolf" Will be seen again

Thanks

Laughing Re: El Caucho Update as of 12/22/2006 !

El Caucho girls are highly inflexible when it comes to price. That is why I used to get girls from Duarte for 1000 bucks for ST ( dos leche`). I had to pay 2000 only once as the bar girl at El Caucho cheated me as she did not show up at 12am when she finishes her job. I could not go to Duarte at that time and had to pay 2000 to another girl

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have been thinking of visiting the South. I'll have to do more research before I take the plunge. Thanks for the warning about El Caucho. It seems to have gone the way of the Palace in Sosusa.

We had it real rough in the North during Thanksgiving in Sosua. Our Hotel (the New Garden) was perfectly maintained, the staff was friendly and accomodating, rooms where cleaned every day, everything worked, the pool was beautiful, the chicas where plentyful, ST was RD$500 to RD$1500, TLN was RD$1000 - RD$2000. Every room had AC and a safe. They cooked us meals and arranged for delivery of beer, water, and soda from their own distributer all for US$45/night. Everything we could have wanted was within walking distance - The Discos, Rocky's, Bailey's, Bon Ice Cream, the Beach, coffee shops, cigar shops. I didn't ride a moto the entire time I was there.
    All things considered, I'd rather be fucking.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SJG

Because of our bad experience, myself and another ISOC member Mr.D have made lot of research on hotels and found that Costa Lunga is the best of all the hotels.. Rooms are big, chica friendly ( yes you can get more than one) and very well maintained.. Very close to action.

Infact Mr. D had to move out of El Candil as the hotel was not good.

If you make reservation at Cost Lunga ...you will be all set.. and my favourite restaurant with American food is DAPATHAN'S.( OUTSIDE VERSION OF ILSA BONITA). You can get the best and cheapest food at Dapathan's

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 578 Posts

SJG

Because of our bad experience, myself and another ISOC member Mr.D have made lot of research on hotels and found that Costa Lunga is the best of all the hotels.. Rooms are big, chica friendly ( yes you can get more than one) and very well maintained.. Very close to action.

If you make reservation at Cost Lunga ...you will be all set.. and my favourite restaurant with American food is DAPATHAN'S.( OUTSIDE VERSION OF ILSA BONITA). You can get the best and cheapest food at Dapathan's
    Sorry your experience was not so good, have been going to BC for around 6 years and although i prefer Cosatlunga over others am curious at to what your friends issue was with El Candil, have stayed there several times (usually when i cannot get a 1st or 2nd floor room at Costalunga) and have always enjoyed my stay at El Candidl.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to elsucio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elsucio View Post
    Sorry your experience was not so good, have been going to BC for around 6 years and although i prefer Cosatlunga over others am curious at to what your friends issue was with El Candil, have stayed there several times (usually when i cannot get a 1st or 2nd floor room at Costalunga) and have always enjoyed my stay at El Candidl.
    What is the benefit of getting a 1st or 2nd floor room?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
    What is the benefit of getting a 1st or 2nd floor room?
    I am a lazy fart and don't like walking up 3 flights of steps.. ;-)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elsucio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

I am a lazy fart and don't like walking up 3 flights of steps.. ;-)
    Plus, the rooms on the first floor are two bedroom apartments. And only one person checks in, they charge the same rate as for the one bedroom apartments.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Plus, the rooms on the first floor are two bedroom apartments. And only one person checks in, they charge the same rate as for the one bedroom apartments.
    That is true also, my preference is 1st floor in the back. It is a little quieter and also you can unlock iron doors in back and the pool is right there. Still curious as to other gentlemans issue with El Candil, have always had good experiences there as well...

28. The Following User Says Thank You to elsucio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mr. D mentioned that there was lot of noise where his room is situated and also the bed was very thin and not comfortable. More importantly he mentioned that the staff at El Candil are behaving strange when one gets a girl. He did not like it at all.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SJG

Does costalunga have a website or a telephone number??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blacksultan View Post
    Does costalunga have a website or a telephone number??
    Has email that they hardly ever respond to, have the office number and Marios cell number in my office rolodex, will post it tommorow if no one else chimes in, note the girls in the office speak very little english

Thanks

Has email that they hardly ever respond to, have the office number and Marios cell number in my office rolodex, will post it tommorow if no one else chimes in, note the girls in the office speak very little english

Does mario speak english pretty well? I will buzz him on the cell. Now he doesnt have a problem with bringing more than one chica in the rooms?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information