Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12/2011 - Rooms at Rocky's

Thanks

Re: Rooms at Rocky's

Trying to get my trip planned out (originally planned late march, looks like it will get moved back to april/may due to work conflict. ), and had initially looked at booking at New Garden. However after reading more on this board (and this thread, specifically) I am changing my mind over to Rocky's. I definitely want to support those that support us, and it sounds like Rick does just that.

Leaning towards booking a room in the suites across the street, for the extra space, AC, and fridge. But I haven't seen anyone comment on the shower and bathroom amenities. Anyone have some information to share on that? Are there any Pros/Cons of the suites verses the regular rooms?

Hope i'm not asking something that has been repeated in other threads, I looked around but didn't find what I was looking for, and i'm not the best with the search.

Thanks,
    -Leo

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to leosian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,118 Times in 3,985 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leosian View Post
    Trying to get my trip planned out (originally planned late march, looks like it will get moved back to april/may due to work conflict. ), and had initially looked at booking at New Garden. However after reading more on this board (and this thread, specifically) I am changing my mind over to Rocky's. I definitely want to support those that support us, and it sounds like Rick does just that.

Leaning towards booking a room in the suites across the street, for the extra space, AC, and fridge. But I haven't seen anyone comment on the shower and bathroom amenities. Anyone have some information to share on that? Are there any Pros/Cons of the suites verses the regular rooms?

Hope i'm not asking something that has been repeated in other threads, I looked around but didn't find what I was looking for, and i'm not the best with the search.

Thanks,
    -Leo
    the suites are worth every penny.

much larger obviously. they are condos. 1 bedroom, living room, bathroom, full kitchen.

everything is modern.

a/c in the bedrooms. makes it ice cold.

sliding doors in the living room. balconies on the higher floors.

bathrooms are great. everything works good. hot water, water pressure, etc..

i highly recommend rocky's hotel for the budget minded.

but i highly recommend the suites for those who are still on a budget, but want more room and amenities.
    www.thatsafunnyshirt.com www.toledotees.com

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to naptime For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

I must say this about Rick, I was in town October 2011, andit was a Saturday and I wanted to see this big SEC football game, but it wasn’tbeing shown on any of the networks, or pay per view, and guess what Rick boughtout his laptop found the game on the internet, and I sat at the bar watched thegame, ate wings and burgers and had a great time.
    Rick is a class act, his customer service is superb, hisstaff is well managed, & beautiful. I got a tour of his rooms and thecondos across the street I may consider him for a return visit. I have never stayed there, but just from meeting Rick, I can tell you this he is a greatbusinessman, and I wish him all the success, because he truly exemplifies “treatsomeone the way that you would want to be treated”.
    Rick if you are reading this I would like to say to youagain “thank-you for your hospitality” I will always make it my business tos top by and say hello, grab a meal, beer, or maybe stay at Rocky’s during my visits to Paradise.
    Thanks,
    Last edited by tonymd; 03-05-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonymd View Post
    I must say this about Rick, I was in town October 2011, andit was a Saturday and I wanted to see this big SEC football game, but it wasn’tbeing shown on any of the networks, or pay per view, and guess what Rick boughtout his laptop found the game on the internet, and I sat at the bar watched thegame, ate wings and burgers and had a great time.
    Rick is a class act, his customer service is superb, hisstaff is well managed, & beautiful. I got a tour of his rooms and thecondos across the street I may consider him for a return visit. I have neverstayed there, but just from meeting Rick, I can tell you this he is a greatbusinessman, and I wish him all the success, because he truly exemplifies “treatsomeone the way that you would want to be treated”.
    Rick if you are reading this I would like to say to youagain “thank-you for your hospitality” I will always make it my business tostop by and say hello, grab a meal, beer, or maybe stay at Rocky’s during myvisits to Paradise.
    Thanks,
    I forgot to mention, I was not staying at Rocky's, I just went there to watch the game.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rick will have my business, now I just have to get my ass down there.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to leosian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Looks pretty obvious that we all hate Rick.. The guy is such a schmuck! Hahah just kiddin Rick, your the best! I'm sure you read this thread daily and just smile from ear to ear.. Once again, you deserve it! Glad my rent could help you buy the new mattress for my room.. Hopefully I get to come back soon and enjoy it before all the mongers fuck it up! (pun intended).. I've said before, the best part of my vacation is hanging with the fellas and meeting great guys to chill with, tell stories, relax, and have fun! You helped so much making my trip excellent and you deserve all the rave reviews you get!

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leosian View Post
    Leaning towards booking a room in the suites across the street, for the extra space, AC, and fridge.
    I dunno, I was actually cold my entire stay in the DR/Haiti. I ended up sleeping in my Meixican pullover and winter hat since I didn't want to be a pussy and ask for a blanket. FRIDGE, man up and learn to drink warm beer!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TonyT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    FRIDGE, man up and learn to drink warm beer!
    Never happened, never will. My loaner cooler did just fine though

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Never happened, never will. My loaner cooler did just fine though
    You can always buy a cooler if no loaner is available. Playero or even the marcado beside Rocky's have them cheap, then just leave it for the next guy.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just booked with Rockys (Sosua Suites Condos) for 5 days. I will let you'll know how the stay was. DAMN, i can't wait, lol

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Booked at Rocky's Feb 19-21. $27/night and possibly the BEST hotel bargain in Sosua. AWESOME food.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 263 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    Booked at Rocky's Feb 19-21. $27/night and possibly the BEST hotel bargain in Sosua. AWESOME food.
    Might see you there if my plans happen and if they have a room for me.....

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TonyT For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Might see you there if my plans happen and if they have a room for me.....
    Maybe see both of you there, Booked from 9th. I'll keep the beer cold.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    My first trip doing this hobby, I stayed with Rick. He gave me a lot of information. He made me feel at home. He will go out of his way to introduce members. He introduced me to LongHairDontCare, who quickly became a good friend. His place is pretty much ground zero for us to have breakfast. On a rainy day, you can find most of us sitting at the long table, laughing our asses off.

His rooms are basic. But as stated, they are clean and secure. The condo's across the street are newly remodeled, and going for a little over $50 a night. I think $55.
    around $45
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Sosua Suites is great. I have spent a few trips there. AWESOME location.
    http://www.rockysbluesbar.com/Sosua%20Suites.html

Pricing starts at $300 US per week when booking 2 weeks at a time with additional nights at $55.
    $325 US per week for one week stays with additional nights $65.
    $275 US per week for stays of 4 weeks or more with additional nights at $45.
    There is a $30 per week cleaning fee on all weekly and monthly stays.
    Above prices include all taxes and POP airport pick up.
    DAILY RATE: $75 US per night (less than one week)

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information