Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/2011 - The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

12/2011 - The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

From

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ing-Boca-Chica

Time to start putting up some pics of Boca Chica, still got to resize the stuff from the hotel, but figured I would try some of the Boathouse which I took yesterday with the Blackberry.

the interior:

BAR:

dining & cooling out area:

Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Re: The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

Easy...wasn't it?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    Easy...wasn't it?

Easy once you got the key, again many thanks to Mr. Happy for providing the key

The other way was easier though, but I guess it is progress.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post

The other way was easier though, but I guess it is progress.

Software gets upgraded every year and all those that wrote parts of it are not always around.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Wonderful memories

That was the venue for my first DR pussy... a tall, leggy basketball player from San Pedro de Marcoris down the road...

She was wonderfully sweet and we enjoyed each other in all ways almost the entire night....

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: The Boathouse- from The Rediscovering Boca Chica Series

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Wonderful memories

That was the venue for my first DR pussy... a tall, leggy basketball player from San Pedro de Marcoris down the road...

She was wonderfully sweet and we enjoyed each other in all ways almost the entire night....
    I am also a fan of the Boat House. Good place to hang during the day and a nice pussy parade on the beach behind the place. Funny you mention a tall, leggy chica as I noticed quite a few taller girls during my 4-day stay in Boca Chica.

From the Boat House the strip on Duarte is a pretty easy walk. At night I like the fact that Duarte is a Walking Street. Sosua could really use that type of setup on Pedro Clisante in front of the discos.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 376 Posts

I watched the Super Bowl here for my February trip. They served great ribs! Fun day as the Giants won. Lots of fellow Americans there split evenly between Giants ant Pats fans.

Very good breakfasts for $5 all in.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tonto4 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

I haven't been to BC since 1997....more and more I'm thinking it's time to return.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

That was my favorite hang out spot during the day when I was there. Great company, cold beers, the best music in town, hot chica bartenders and some nice eye candy passing by on the beach.

What more does a guy need? Thanks again yayow for the Boca thread. As I said in my trip report, I think it will become the new ISOC South!

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

The Boathouse

Nice spot on the beach, I don't think they actually cook their own food or anything but if you ever need to do some stuff on the computer or charge up, they have plugs around the joint to plug in, and free wifi as well.

There are whores walking by all the time, but unfortunately hustlers as well. This is where I ate breakfast on several occasions.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: The Boathouse

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    Nice spot on the beach, I don't think they actually cook their own food or anything but if you ever need to do some stuff on the computer or charge up, they have plugs around the joint to plug in, and free wifi as well.

There are whores walking by all the time, but unfortunately hustlers as well. This is where I ate breakfast on several occasions.
    Nice to hang with you during this trip Boris.

The Boathouse is a cool place to chill for happy hour (the drinking kind) and chat it up with some cool ex-pats and the fellas without the riff raff from the street interrupting too.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Nice to hang with you during this trip Boris.

The Boathouse is a cool place to chill for happy hour (the drinking kind) and chat it up with some cool ex-pats and the fellas without the riff raff from the street interrupting too.
    The vendors hustlers still can attack in the Boathouse, but it wasnt as bad as the central gaunlet part we were in where every 30 seconds we were attacked by salesmen

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

please merge this with

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...a-Chica-Series

I didn't realize there was another thread

26. The Following User Says Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    I am also a fan of the Boat House. Good place to hang during the day and a nice pussy parade on the beach behind the place. Funny you mention a tall, leggy chica as I noticed quite a few taller girls during my 4-day stay in Boca Chica.

From the Boat House the strip on Duarte is a pretty easy walk. At night I like the fact that Duarte is a Walking Street. Sosua could really use that type of setup on Pedro Clisante in front of the discos.
    Heading back to the Boat House in August. These Boca Chica threads are either slow or dead. I hope to have some good reports of BC.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Heading back to the Boat House in August. These Boca Chica threads are either slow or dead. I hope to have some good reports of BC.
    A bit of both. It seems that when people do go to Boca Chica they just post in the regular DR Trip Reports section and they post all their information within their trip reports. So in fact there could be new and current information for Boca Chica but it is mixed in within the TR's is what I am thinking.

I just returned from a trip to Boca Chica and I posted my TR in the Boca Chica section because I was saying the same thing you just said when I was going through the hotel section. It won't get better unless we do it as members though.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    A bit of both. It seems that when people do go to Boca Chica they just post in the regular DR Trip Reports section and they post all their information within their trip reports. So in fact there could be new and current information for Boca Chica but it is mixed in within the TR's is what I am thinking.

I just returned from a trip to Boca Chica and I posted my TR in the Boca Chica section because I was saying the same thing you just said when I was going through the hotel section. It won't get better unless we do it as members though.
    I understand. There are many duplicate topics in different sections of ISOC. Finding Restaurant information in the Restaurant section was my obvious first choice for updates. Navigation is sometimes a challenge with this format.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I understand. There are many duplicate topics in different sections of ISOC. Finding Restaurant information in the Restaurant section was my obvious first choice for updates. Navigation is sometimes a challenge with this format.
    I agree navigation on here can be a challenge. You really have to know what you are looking for and know that you had seen it before, after that it is a matter of playing around with the searches. I honestly don't feel it should be that way. I feel like if you wanted to look up Hotel information in Boca Chica or Santo Domingo that you should see current threads or at least updates to those threads so that the next person can easily search the information he needs.

Don Tomas was doing some updates a while ago but I dont believe he got to finish out the plan he had. Personally I don't think it should all fall on one person to have a vision for the site and how the information is presented. His idea was a great one but it seemed as if it was only his vision and he had to finish it out for us to see it. The idea was to have automatic tagging and that way all you really had to do was search through the tags for what you were looking for.

The problem here a lot of the times isn't duplicate threads but sometimes you have information that is current in a TR and there is no thread about it in the section that it belongs in, for example Boca Chica Hotels or Restaurants. That kind of information can only come from members. I feel like somehow it needs to be filtered out and new threads should be created as the information comes along. But that in itself is work and time consuming for whoever has to do it.

I would love to see information more easily available on here. But I guess it is up to us to make it work that way. The original poster of this thread is retired from ISOC but this board has a good share of guys who are on the ground as well as outside planning their next trip. Seems like something we should be able to do as a collective.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I agree navigation on here can be a challenge. You really have to know what you are looking for and know that you had seen it before, after that it is a matter of playing around with the searches. I honestly don't feel it should be that way. I feel like if you wanted to look up Hotel information in Boca Chica or Santo Domingo that you should see current threads or at least updates to those threads so that the next person can easily search the information he needs.

Don Tomas was doing some updates a while ago but I dont believe he got to finish out the plan he had. Personally I don't think it should all fall on one person to have a vision for the site and how the information is presented. His idea was a great one but it seemed as if it was only his vision and he had to finish it out for us to see it. The idea was to have automatic tagging and that way all you really had to do was search through the tags for what you were looking for.

The problem here a lot of the times isn't duplicate threads but sometimes you have information that is current in a TR and there is no thread about it in the section that it belongs in, for example Boca Chica Hotels or Restaurants. That kind of information can only come from members. I feel like somehow it needs to be filtered out and new threads should be created as the information comes along. But that in itself is work and time consuming for whoever has to do it.

I would love to see information more easily available on here. But I guess it is up to us to make it work that way. The original poster of this thread is retired from ISOC but this board has a good share of guys who are on the ground as well as outside planning their next trip. Seems like something we should be able to do as a collective.

Something that becomes a topic gets moved inside. Duplicate topics get merged by me sooner or later.

400 -500 members posting, some once a month, others once every two minutes.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Something that becomes a topic gets moved inside. Duplicate topics get merged by me sooner or later.

400 -500 members posting, some once a month, others once every two minutes.
    I dont disagree with the fact duplicate topics do eventually get merged. Not sure what you mean by the first line though.

What I mean though is for example in the Boca Chica sub forum we have Sex Clubs and Chicas. Yet there aren't really any additions to either one. I was initially looking for bar information to show you that we don't even have a thread for the Piano Bar in Boca Chica and that is like a main spot for mongering activity. One would think some information could have been pulled from the TR's of guys from here who have gone and reported being there. Another thing is why aren't the BC TR's of Skynyrd moved to Boca Chica TR section since they take place there.

When you look at those sections it makes it appear as if there is no information regarding those places and that members are not going there, but they are going there and there is information. I understand the board gets a lot of traffic also and it obviously shouldn't be someone's job to do stuff like that.

That is all I really meant by what I said.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

I dont disagree with the fact duplicate topics do eventually get merged. Not sure what you mean by the first line though.
    To get inside you need to pay for trip report access.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information