Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much do you pay for flight out of JFK?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

How much do you pay for flight out of JFK?

I was going to book a filight from jfk to pop, but they wanted $780. It was a straight through, both ways. From 2/8/12 to 2/12/12. That was too much for me.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rahsta View Post
    I was going to book a filight from jfk to pop, but they wanted $780. It was a straight through, both ways. From 2/8/12 to 2/12/12. That was too much for me.
    You have to search around. Depends on the airline and time you book. There are times special deals and rates come out. Once one airline lowers prices the others try to match, for the most part.

I haven't gone through pop in a while because it is the more expensive route but closest to sosua.

Price usually goes anywhere from 400 to 550??? If you see any higher than that after taxes id say wait until a deal appears.

Jetblue had flights to pop on sale a week or two ago for select days. They were 149 each way (or so the ad said) so that's a total of 430 rt after taxes. Goodluck finding your flights.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: How much do you pay for flight out of JFK?

Delta still has flights to sti for 366$ well worth the inconvience for those type of savings
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

If you're not at all flexible on dates then you're pretty much stuck with whatever price you get

If you can leave a day earlier and return a day earlier (2/7-2/11) then the JetBlue price drops to $471

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    If you're not at all flexible on dates then you're pretty much stuck with whatever price you get

If you can leave a day earlier and return a day earlier (2/7-2/11) then the JetBlue price drops to $471
    Thanks Deezl,

That price looks good. I will check it out. I just hope jetblue dont have any crazy layover time. The most I can deal with is 2 hours.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Trying to check our Sosua. I have not been since 09.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Just booked my Feb trip 10 minutes ago, but I booked to Santiago instead of POP! Saved myself $390 motherfucking dollars!!! The prices into POP were up around 800 dollars, fok dat chit!!! That extra 400 bucks means alot more fun for me in Sosua, I might even be able to afford a session with Hennessy now!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I'm already booked through EWR, but checked JetBlue for March trip for a friend and the fares just went up from $149-$165 to about $230 or so just for one-way pre-tax.

$400-$450 is about the average round-trip total when I go in September and March.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I paid $469 for my round trip ticket, JFK-POP, Jet Blue from Jan20-feb1st...

That includes all taxes and fees... I checked a few dates around Feb1st for my return, and they were anywhere from 169 to 300... Just have to find the best days to fly...

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Thanks Deezl,

That price looks good. I will check it out. I just hope jetblue dont have any crazy layover time. The most I can deal with is 2 hours.
    no layovers, they're all direct flights from JFK-POP

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

if your using jetblue, keep monitoring the prices after you book, jet blue will give you credit if the price of your flight goes down

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lateforwork For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Right now the best deals are on Delta, American and Jet Blue to STI (Santiago)
    At $355- $379 right on through august.
    Delta seems to have started this little price war, then American Matched it, and now JET BLUE matched the prices as well.
    I was also see those high prices to POP, up to $860. so at that price diff, its definitely worth taking a BUS from Santiago to Sosua. These are NOT those crazy 2 am flights either, they are all early AM flights arriving at like 1030 to noon. So its pretty much a no brainer, IMO.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Agree with what everyone has said. I'm flying into ST after the POP prices were ridiculous coming from here. About a year ago it was about 650 to POP. Now over 800.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to princepointe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,625 Times in 1,690 Posts

Depends on when you book. If you book early enough you can get a deal for at least $300 less than that price and sometimes $400 less. Trying to get a deal this close to those dates is almost going to garauntee you $600+.

The most I've ever spent on a flight from JFK to POP was about $540 and that was only once. Other wise I usually booked 2+ months in advance and get it for around $395 ~ $490.

Best bet is to sign yourself up for price alert with Jetblue & Pricelin. Their price alerts for that route will notify you via emails when there is one day specials, price drops or specials for that route. Or subscribe to this thread: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...hlight=jetblue
    The Game Should Be Sold Not Told

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blazaveli For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Use Kayak... Mongers best resource!

POP is mostly a AI tourist town.. It's considerably more expensive!

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here is my theory.. you guys might think i'm crazy... I think Jetblue is tracking where mongers go and are playing around with the airfare.. back then Sosua used to be $300-350. Now its like $500+.

Then they started going to Costa Rica, Aruba, They just started Cartegena... whats next MDE??

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jimrock187 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimrock187 View Post
    Here is my theory.. you guys might think i'm crazy... I think Jetblue is tracking where mongers go and are playing around with the airfare.. back then Sosua used to be $300-350. Now its like $500+.

Then they started going to Costa Rica, Aruba, They just started Cartegena... whats next MDE??
    mongers are a drop in the bucket and we do not even make the equation in the vast majority of people that travel.........
    even as much as we think we are a large group....we aren't.....no reason for anyone to track us....probably good to keep it that way

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

These guys http://www.aerodom.com/app/do/frontpage.aspx and the DR Govt. are responsible for what is happening in POP as far as rates are concern. Does anyone here think that this group would tax Punta Cana extra for arrival and departure fees And by the way, Santiago is next as far as increase fees starting Jan. 1st 2013
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It depends when you book your flight. If you book a month in advanced you'll get a low cost cause there are lots of seats available. The longer you wait the higher the price goes cause the seats are being filled. I got an alert set up with jet blue that lets me know when the price drops that way I can get a great price for my trip before I book it.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr QBX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,336 Times in 6,473 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    mongers are a drop in the bucket and we do not even make the equation in the vast majority of people that travel.........
    even as much as we think we are a large group....we aren't.....no reason for anyone to track us....probably good to keep it that way
    Agree with Seaweed we are just a small minority of travelers, especially from NYC area. NYC is FULLLLL of Dominicans who travel to DR (some more than others) and i'm pretty sure them opening up to Cartegena has more to do with the Colombian population in NYC than it does the mongers going.

That said I think the price going up for POP airfares has more to do with the amount of flights going in and out everyday. I think Jetblue only has 1 a day. United limited its service (correct me if i'm wrong guys) and AA...well they just do all types of wacky stuff with their prices but you can catch them on a good day sometimes. They also do connections in Miami before going to POP on a good number of their flights.

Many Dominicans really travel to Santiago and Santo Domingo more so than they do Puerto Plata. For Santiago and SDQ you see much better options in terms in pricing, schedule and direct flights.

you're best bet I think is to be flexible with your airports (NYC has LGA, JFK and you can even get to EWR easy on the airtrain and the train at Penn Station in manhattan that goes to NJ) plus you can play with SDQ, STI and POP airports. SDQ would be a little out of the way but if you have the time and can manage the trip it could be well worth it in terms of price and a venture out of Sosua for a few days while you get up there.

NYC is very lucky to have the 3 airport options and a great mixed population. I wish Jetblue would dare to add MDE to its routes. I'd be back and earning my True blue points in a heartbeat if that ever happened.

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave Diaz For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information