Thread: Where is Tropic Bob? we need his trip report!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Where is Tropic Bob? we need his trip report!

i'll lead off...making this my mini trip report while waiting for TROPIC BOB!

i flew into SDQ on Saturday January 27th although i left my home friday evening. i flew into EWR and had a 12 hour layover. originally i'd hoped to hang with jayman but that fucker had flown to the the DR that morning. lucky for me tamer lives in brooklyn so i took carservice to meet him, $85! one-way.

tamer is very cool and insisted on paying for the carservice...and dinner! we hungout for a few hours...the new nintendo Wii is pretty cool. i really like the boxing! i caught a few hours sleep, said goodbye to my brother and took carservice back to EWR and caught my flight.

the fuckedup thing is that i had a TON of luggage and had to take it all with me as you cannot leave it overnight in the airport. that sucks when you have 2 50+ pound checked bags and 2 carryon...i brought a desktop computer along with a bunch of other stuff.

i arrived at SDQ, met mi novia and headed to her house in the barrio. we hungout there for a few days and then took a bus to sosua. what should normally take about 5 hours took 7....but we made it

we hungout with a couple of great, unnamed till they post something, guys...really cool guys, very generous with time, transport and friendship...although they did throw me in the pool

we met up with, in no specific order, GDOGG, ErikS, Bambino, Tony Toca, Mr. Pink and others too numerous to recall and FINALLY TROPIC BOB!

we missed the passions party on thursday as i though all the festivities were on friday but did manage to hang with him on thursday, friday and saturday.

we went for birthday dinner at el toro...a wonderful time. mi novia had la gripe bad and gdogg was kind enough to stop at la farmacia to buy some medicine for her, that worked great by the way...thank you! (and also refused to let me repay him for it)

the woman that owns it is a smart businessman. she is a real people person and made sure that the whole process was fun and enjoyable. after dinner we had a free mamajuana, there were 8 of us, and we went nextdoor to the bar which she also owns. BOB insisted on picking up the whole tab at dinner! and it was not small, he really is a class act and a hell of a fun guy to be around. the owner bought bob a birthday drink and supplied another round of mamjuana....dancing ensued and bob did the shuffle. (i had some great pics and vids that i believe are now lost. my camera and cellphone were stolen at the airport ) she also owns, with her daughter i think, the sex toy shop between the restaurant and bar.
    one stop shopping

the rest was a blur but i did have a wonderful time mostly because of the guys i had the privilege to hangout with.

the trip home sunday was much better right up until i got picked for a "special" search at Canadian customs back home. i had to stand in line for 90 minutes before a quick, cursory 5 minute search and off home i went.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Re: Where is Tropic Bob? we need his trip report!

Apos, coming back do you have to clear customs twice? US/CAN.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman View Post
    Apos, coming back do you have to clear customs twice? US/CAN.
    actually i have to clear US customs twice on the way down then DR customs and on the way back DR customs, then US customs twice and finally Canadian customs...i have a connecting flight each way and checked bags have to be rechecked at each leg as well as carryon.

no more checked bags for me unless absolutely necessary!!!

to top it all off since i had so much stuff i could not bring any booze with me...no room in the checked bags and not allowed in the carryon AND the dutyfree was closed in EWR

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apos View Post
    actually i have to clear US customs twice on the way down then DR customs and on the way back DR customs, then US customs twice and finally Canadian customs...i have a connecting flight each way and checked bags have to be rechecked at each leg as well as carryon.

no more checked bags for me unless absolutely necessary!!!

to top it all off since i had so much stuff i could not bring any booze with me...no room in the checked bags and not allowed in the carryon AND the dutyfree was closed in EWR
    Fuck that shit !!!!!!! I thought all you Canucks tooks charters with all the fat gringas going down to get Visas for their hubbies.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i probably would if i lived in Toronto but the charters from here are fucked AND i want to leave either friday night or early saturday morning and return a week the sunday to maximize my time in paradise. can't do that with a charter.

i'm again looking at flying from syracuse instead of canada, at least in the better weather, as it is usually a LOT cheaper than flying from Canada for me.

i hate the land boarder crossing as my car often gets searched and i get GRILLED at the border. nasty fuckers
    Fuck that shit !!!!!!! I thought all you Canucks tooks charters with all the fat gringas going down to get Visas for their hubbies.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apos View Post
    (i had some great pics and vids that i believe are now lost. my camera and cellphone were stolen at the airport )
    That really sucks.

I always keep my valuable with me in my carry-on.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    That really sucks.

I always keep my valuable with me in my carry-on.
    me too, i think they got pinched going thru the exray at sdq...i was questioned while my stuff was out of site on the conveyor...never even thought to check before moving on. lesson learned

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What the fuck. You wearing a sign saying please fuck with me?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

a friend that used to work with canadian immigration claims i fit a "profile" so i'll often get singled out for a "random" check...and she seems to be right.

single guy, travelling alone, often and to the same destination, a known drug weigh station ...i can see it.

i used to have almost no hassle but as i accumulate frequent trips and use my passport i may as well wear that sign
    What the fuck. You wearing a sign saying please fuck with me?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I fit the same profile. I guess i am usually reeking of booze and squacking "que pasa" to anyone one in uniforms. Also when asked what the purpose of my visit i am honest " CHICAS ". The women scowl, the dudes laugh.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

You lost your camera??? This is insane, somethings crazy going on at the airport...we're losing too much stuff!!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg View Post
    ...we're losing too much stuff!!

I was just drinkin . . .
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

21. The Following User Says Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Apos,
    Nice mini-report. If you send me your email address I'll send a couple of pictures I took of you and the novia (lovely lady by the way!).

Unless you want me to post them here?

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Thread Information