Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain Fall Down in Sosua - February Quickie

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Re: Rain Fall Down in Sosua - February Quickie

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    One Saturday I spent in Charamico's cockfighting arena. The roosters are paired for one and a half hours from 3 pm. Then eight matches commence. I took a 200 peso seat. The round goes until one of the cocks is out of breath or until death. The winner takes it all. The loser ends up his brave life in a pot. The pictures are too bloody to post. I will dilute the blood with proper watermarking. Great stories were told. One especially stood out. It was about a Spartacus of cockfighting world which won thirty five fights and then drowned during a rainstorm in his wooden cage behind the arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    You've just given me some new ideas that I wouldn't have thought of on my own. We'll okay maybe just one--I may have to see the cock fighting just because many of us have seen it on tv or in movies, but maybe I'd like to say I saw it live for what it's worth.
    Saw my first cockfight ever Feb. 26 in Puerto Plata. Went along with a Dominican buddy of mine at the invitation of a police friend. Didn't make sense to me watching roosters fighting to their deaths. Don't think I'll accept any future offers.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    I have to admit I made a couple of wrong moves this trip. It's all all statistics and it balances out.

I met one fatso whom I knew from a previous trip. She was very smiley and all and nice talker. I was thinking about calling it a night then somehow she insisted on her massage skills and I took her for a ride. Wrong! when in a room she switched her nice tone into a rushed 'papi' one, assumed a flat pancake position and tapped on the sheets. Worthless cow! Bye-bye my 1,500 peso

Another day I spotted a promising cheeky tall Haitian very new to the trade. Then minute by minute things began to be lost in translation. She was sitting on a coach, drinking my beers, spilling suds and talking rubbish. I tried couple of times to pull her into the bed but she only giggled, stupid drunk. eventually I kicked her out

Then one of the younger girl was introduced to me by a girl which I knew. I skipped the interview, did not watch for lack of kisses and her glances askew, all because she was referred to me. What a mistake! In the room she immediately switched a box to a cartoons channel (Fuck, another cartoon girl) and then rushed me into horrible dry sex of a troubled girl from an abusive family
    Guess you gotta take the Great (not good) with the bad. Because after all you got your rocks off and it helps you to appreciate the great chicas you've been with.
    As far as taken a girl who you knew friend---I wouldn't simply because it could be a girl she just met and is basically pimping to you for her commission ---- I'll stick to my own instincts---Don't need nor want someone giving me their pick for my dick-------MIGGY

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miggy99 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pana View Post
    Wow Dominicans love to steal hit's in other Latin Nations they are so infamous for doing this...lol. Me being Panamanian I listen to all types of Latin songs and I remember hearing this almost 2 years ago in Colombia I can name countless songs DR artist stole from other artists from around the world.
    I don't always agree with it, but stealing or sampling music is part of the music game worldwide. Didn't reggaeton start in Panama? You can't tell these boricuas in my neighborhood they didn't start it.lol. Sometimes the sampled version is stolen and made better than the original and other times the original is classic and you just can't fuck with it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts

There is a difference between sampling and stealing, and with this song he is singing the same exact version that was originally done in Vallenato(which is the better version in my opinion) in Bachata. Actually Reggaeton which is spanish for Raggae original birth place is Jamaica, just like Salsa origins come from Cuba. The point Im trying to make is that there is a difference between sampling and stealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I don't always agree with it, but stealing or sampling music is part of the music game worldwide. Didn't reggaeton start in Panama? You can't tell these boricuas in my neighborhood they didn't start it.lol. Sometimes the sampled version is stolen and made better than the original and other times the original is classic and you just can't fuck with it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Pana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,553 Times in 1,889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pana View Post
    There is a difference between sampling and stealing, and with this song he is singing the same exact version that was originally done in Vallenato(which is the better version in my opinion) in Bachata. Actually Reggaeton which is spanish for Raggae original birth place is Jamaica, just like Salsa origins come from Cuba. The point Im trying to make is that there is a difference between sampling and stealing.
    Many English songs are remade in Spanish and vice versa. I think the issue comes when people claim it's original. If that isn't the claim then what is the gripe.
    "The Royal Penis is Clean Your Majesty"

"No cushion for the pushin, no peso for the queso"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Pana, I don't understand. Are you saying he didn't get permission to record the song? If so, I'd find that difficult to believe. Zacarias' version is a huge hit. You can't "steal" a song and have it distributed as widely as this one has been. The lawyers would be on your ass in a hot second. By the way I prefer, Zacarias' version.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

XXX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information