Thread: Thanks, Hotel Europa

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 376 Posts

Thanks, Hotel Europa

I have been visiting Sosua for about 8 years now. I have stayed at a range of places including Rocky's, Colibri, New Garden, Europa, Terra Linda and Sosua Bay.

All of them have been good stays and reasonably priced. I am lucky, never had a problem at any of them. But for me, I think Europa has always given me a good value for the money. I have found the beds to be big and comfortable, and everything works in the room and kitchen. I like to get the room right next to the Jacuzzi. The hotel is usually pretty quiet and that's ok with me. If I am going to stay for three or more nights they offer me a good price, $40 per night complete.

But most importantly, I have always felt safe and comfortable there. There is good security and the people who work there are nice and helpful.

One event stands out, and this is the reason I will go back next time: last trip I was in a hurry to pack. I was out late on my last night and not thinking very clearly. I had my ipad in the safe, it has a black cover and fit perfectly on the floor of the safe. When I cleaned out my safe I missed it and left it behind.

I was already on line checking in at the airport when I realized it was left behind. I found the number for Europa, called and the woman who has been working there since my first trip 8 years ago was there. She went in the room, found it and had a taxi driver bring it to me at POP. I consider myself lucky; it might not have turned out that way in some other places.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Re: Thanks, Hotel Europa

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionrock77 View Post
    I have been visiting Sosua for about 8 years now. I have stayed at a range of places including Rocky's, Colibri, New Garden, Europa, Terra Linda and Sosua Bay.

All of them have been good stays and reasonably priced. I am lucky, never had a problem at any of them. But for me, I think Europa has always given me a good value for the money. I have found the beds to be big and comfortable, and everything works in the room and kitchen. I like to get the room right next to the Jacuzzi. The hotel is usually pretty quiet and that's ok with me. If I am going to stay for three or more nights they offer me a good price, $40 per night complete.

But most importantly, I have always felt safe and comfortable there. There is good security and the people who work there are nice and helpful.

One event stands out, and this is the reason I will go back next time: last trip I was in a hurry to pack. I was out late on my last night and not thinking very clearly. I had my ipad in the safe, it has a black cover and fit perfectly on the floor of the safe. When I cleaned out my safe I missed it and left it behind.

I was already on line checking in at the airport when I realized it was left behind. I found the number for Europa, called and the woman who has been working there since my first trip 8 years ago was there. She went in the room, found it and had a taxi driver bring it to me at POP. I consider myself lucky; it might not have turned out that way in some other places.
    They are robbing you! I saw on the board this past trip that rooms are 38 dollars! not 40! lol Im just kidding of course... That's a nice story to hear. I stayed there a few times back when I used to go around 5-8 years ago. When I went on long weekend trips, it was 3 nights for 100 bucks... Unfortunately, nowadays the strip is pretty dead that far down PC or I wouldn't mind staying there again. My friend came to meet up with me on my recent trip from Santiago for a night and he didn't have a room and it was around 12 midnight. We went in there and got him a room for the night for 35 bucks... Not too many places have late night or 24 hour reception...

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Good to hear stories like yours about people doing the right thing and going beyond to be helpful. They could have said they'll send it to you or whatever, but by having your ipad delivered to you is big. Who knows how long it would have taken or what would have happened if you didn't call the same day though.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

New video of the Hotel Europa.

http://youtu.be/rdJmSW_XBFc

The bar is open again. I hear they also plan to reopen the restaurant and provide room service.

DOC

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Doc Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Lucky for you, last time I stayed there in 2005 money went "missing" from my safe and the room I was promised was given to someone else. On top of that they tried to put my in another room and charge me more. the room they did give me was a dump with water leaking in over the ceiling tiles. I will never go back there.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information