Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Re: Apartahotel Madejra

I just stayed at Madejra for 5 nights and had a pretty decent stay I'd say.

The hot water was always working when I needed it.

The A/C was always cool.

Staff was decent. I didn't need anything so I can't say how helpful they may or may not be regarding resolving complaints.

Location is convenient to the beach, WU, bank, colmado, supermercado, several bars/restaurants.

Sometimes the front desk or security ask for cedulas from chicas, while other times they seem like they assume you know what you're doing and won't ask if you take your chica straight to the elevator.

Few things some may not like: No ceiling fan, safe with key, tiny TV, and I'm not sure, but the wi-fi didn't seem available from my room the one time I checked. Personally, I don't watch TV in DR except if I catch a game in a bar and am not too dependent on wi-fi or can always find a suitable place that I'd prefer to be at instead of my room anyway. I'd stay there again.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dominican dave View Post
    The problems I had with the place were:

1. They vary on the price anywhere from $40 to $50. Seems to be for no apparent reason other than they want to rip you off or see if you will negotiate or not.
    2. No hot water when I was there
    3. You have wifi on every floor but it doesn't always work.
    4. You need a lock for the safe, though if you have a room that has an extra room just for the deposit box. You can put the safe on the door instead of on the safe. You still have to buy your own lock though.

I can deal with the other stuff. As mentioned in the original post, it is a great location. Right across the street from Piano Bar and el colmado.

That said you can probably find other alternatives if you don't like the price or something else. I know I didn't mind moving 2-3 blocks for what I was able to book.
    I don't remember if it was this place or another, but I recall being bothered about no hot water, but since it was better then not having any water and watching Toro's ass shaving his head in the pool, I said I will shower in cold water.

I think the next day I hit some light switch and nothing happened, and after some investigation, it was a switch to turn on the water heater

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    I don't remember if it was this place or another, but I recall being bothered about no hot water, but since it was better then not having any water and watching Toro's ass shaving his head in the pool, I said I will shower in cold water.

I think the next day I hit some light switch and nothing happened, and after some investigation, it was a switch to turn on the water heater
    That was El Caucho.

I wouldn't get in that pool for all the Punani in Panama now.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    That was El Caucho.

I wouldn't get in that pool for all the Punani in Panama now.
    LOL. GD I thought we were friends. Actually my scalp is a lot cleaner than a lot of the punani on this board.

Yayow and I visited El Caucho to chill for a minute. It's a shame that the vibe you get when you stop in for a drink and look at the property is not quite the same experience when you stay there. The condition of the rooms and the way the place is managed has so much room for improvement, but the pool area, all shaving aside, is really nice and the bar area has a nice vibe to me--as a visitor, not a guest.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 204 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Apartahotel Madejra

EL toro, Glad you had a good experience at Aparta hotel Madejra. I did not feel comfortable when I stayed there back in November 2013. It was so bad that my boy did not even take a shower the night we stayed there and I did not even ask my chica to shower.
    "We cannot give the final answers to our human problems, because it is we human beings who are the problem"

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hottnickels72 View Post
    EL toro, Glad you had a good experience at Aparta hotel Madejra. I did not feel comfortable when I stayed there back in November 2013. It was so bad that my boy did not even take a shower the night we stayed there and I did not even ask my chica to shower.
    So where do you stay now?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Was that your report? I recall somebody having a terrible experience there

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    I was thinking the Calypso I remember Toro saying it was good, to change it up, and its not far from the strip, close to EL batey and I wanted to explore the areas closer to the autopista this time, now that I am level 5 rosetta stone

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was thinking the Calypso I remember Toro saying it was good, to change it up, and its not far from the strip, close to EL batey and I wanted to explore the areas closer to the autopista this time, now that I am level 5 rosetta stone
    You are Food Level 100.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    LOL. GD I thought we were friends. Actually my scalp is a lot cleaner than a lot of the punani on this board.

Yayow and I visited El Caucho to chill for a minute. It's a shame that the vibe you get when you stop in for a drink and look at the property is not quite the same experience when you stay there. The condition of the rooms and the way the place is managed has so much room for improvement, but the pool area, all shaving aside, is really nice and the bar area has a nice vibe to me--as a visitor, not a guest.
    I agree. BTW, I have seen a lot worse places to shave than the pool. El Caucho was a nice little spot to stop and meet & greet and get a drink on and despite Yayow's best efforts they just weren't up to it. That's okay, he put in a monumental effort, the ISOC bredren came out in force to support and the Ho's all co-operated, making it a trip to remember. I met more ISOC bredren that week than the whole rest of the 7 years I've been on here.

I'll wing with you anytime, anywhere. Ho's like our chillin' vibe.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Calypso Beach Hotel

its a great location, it is quiet there, and very clean. They have 24 hour security. 2 guys on duty at night, one of them has a rifle and they always check ID.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Calypso Beach Hotel

its a great location, it is quiet there, and very clean. They have 24 hour security. 2 guys on duty at night, one of them has a rifle and they always check ID.
    I think that is where i first stayed in 1997.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

yes it was my report. i even posted a photo of all the dying/dead plants that they had in all the hallways there. never a good sign when a place has dead/dying plants everywhere.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think that is where i first stayed in 1997.
    How was Boca in 1997 ?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Calypso Beach Hotel

I spent a coupla nights there too. Too bad they're 1/8 mi from the beach. They should call it the Calypso Ho-bus-from-Santo-Domingo, La Caleta and points West hotel.

I have picked up some very nice adventures at that bus stop. After 10, hanging out in front of the Calypso is a parade of Ho's going and coming to and from down the hill to El Batey.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

How was Boca in 1997 ?
    The beginning of a very bad era that would last until 2012.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The beginning of a very bad era that would last until 2012.
    IDK. I think they started cleaning up in earnest in 2009-2010. Before that it was a cesspool of Euro "short eyes" dudes and shit I didn't want to see. It got better and the sweeps in Santo Domingo were right on time for Boca Chica providing a steady stream of Putas with nothing else to do and nowhere else to stay for the night. Negotiations ongoing....

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

IDK. I think they started cleaning up in earnest in 2009-2010. Before that it was a cesspool of Euro "short eyes" dudes and shit I didn't want to see. It got better and the sweeps in Santo Domingo were right on time for Boca Chica providing a steady stream of Putas with nothing else to do and nowhere else to stay for the night. Negotiations ongoing....
    ok

1997-2009 then.

that works

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ok

1997-2009 then.

that works
    Nothing in life is static in the D.R, not even from trip to trip when I was going 5-6 times a year. Every week something was changing. My 1st 3 trips were before the curfew went into place and you could buy booze well...any time you wanted it. The farmacias didn't close until the casas did and they didn't close down until there was nobody left standing and unfucked/ blown.

My 1st trip to D.R. I encountered total chaos and I loved it. It was just so refreshing that everything and everyone was for sale. Not under cover like back home or you had to know who to see about a problem but EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. I was watching cockfights until dawn on my balcony. Throw a couple hundred pesos down and dude got a pequeno for me and one for him and bring it up ice cold, telling me how much his Sister (babymamma) want to meet me. Man Santo Domingo was the kind of ill that struck a chord with me and I'll never forget those days.

I'd go to BC on day trips and hit a few of the casas that had it going on mid afternoon but by dark we were outta dere before the freaks came out.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nothing in life is static in the D.R, not even from trip to trip when I was going 5-6 times a year. Every week something was changing. My 1st 3 trips were before the curfew went into place and you could buy booze well...any time you wanted it. The farmacias didn't close until the casas did and they didn't close down until there was nobody left standing and unfucked/ blown.

My 1st trip to D.R. I encountered total chaos and I loved it. It was just so refreshing that everything and everyone was for sale. Not under cover like back home or you had to know who to see about a problem but EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING. I was watching cockfights until dawn on my balcony. Throw a couple hundred pesos down and dude got a pequeno for me and one for him and bring it up ice cold, telling me how much his Sister (babymamma) want to meet me. Man Santo Domingo was the kind of ill that struck a chord with me and I'll never forget those days.

I'd go to BC on day trips and hit a few of the casas that had it going on mid afternoon but by dark we were outta dere before the freaks came out.
    the good ol' days.....

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the good ol' days.....
    That's true but in a way these days it's just as good. A lot of the old flavor of Santo Domingo is gone but there are new happenings that can be just as much fun. I'm glad they changed Boca Chica from the sewer that it had become and there's new money and new life in that town now. For less than the cost of a beer Chicas can get a ride there from Santo Domingo and that provides a steady stream of fresh talent and on any given night anything can happen. The "curfew" has become so relaxed that some nights it seems like there is no curfew.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information