Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2012 - Global entry

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

I got secondary searched at JFK this trip coming back from PI.

He opened my clothes bag nothing found. opened my laptop bag and looked thorugh my notes. I was worried there as I had where to get laid info...lol...

then looked in my other bag with condoms etc and didn't even open my condom bag...

didn't ask about PI details or look at my camera or laptop....he gave up and send you are good....I had FTPd all my pics so there was no trail for him to find other than dildos and condoms...lol..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I got secondary searched at JFK this trip coming back from PI.

He opened my clothes bag nothing found. opened my laptop bag and looked thorugh my notes. I was worried there as I had where to get laid info...lol...

then looked in my other bag with condoms etc and didn't even open my condom bag...

didn't ask about PI details or look at my camera or laptop....he gave up and send you are good....I had FTPd all my pics so there was no trail for him to find other than dildos and condoms...lol..

Is that with Global entry, they can still secondary you, if the printout from the machine has an X on it, you are going, otherwise you go straight through.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    Is that with Global entry, they can still secondary you, if the printout from the machine has an X on it, you are going, otherwise you go straight through.
    No...I don't have global entry...I should apply though...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

it is nice and you can use global entry within an hour of the interview. I used it the next day.
    guess its time for me to see if I get my pre clearance................do I apply for nexus first or global entry or does it matter
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    guess its time for me to see if I get my pre clearance................do I apply for nexus first or global entry or does it matter
    Not gonna happen...your a criminal because you didn't come to Erics party

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not gonna happen...your a criminal because you didn't come to Erics party
    that's right

but now I have a waiver and a pardon so I have pre clearance approval so they cant turn me away at the border but they can send me in for secondary when I get a rookie with no powers

just not sure if I can get nexus/global entry with a waiver

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

When I landed at IAD this month there was at times only 1 (!) immigration officer for non-US citizens, no connecting special line like in JKF - nada! It took me 2 hours to clear it, by that time I would have missed my connection. Oh, yeah, my connection was cancelled. It makes me think hard pretty hard of whatever is available, global entry, global penetration, just to avoid the hassle.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is the same, just google Nexus and you apply to the US site. takes around 2 months to get approval and make an appointment in niagara and off you go.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    When I landed at IAD this month there was at times only 1 (!) immigration officer for non-US citizens, no connecting special line like in JKF - nada! It took me 2 hours to clear it, by that time I would have missed my connection. Oh, yeah, my connection was cancelled. It makes me think hard pretty hard of whatever is available, global entry, global penetration, just to avoid the hassle.

If you are travelling through the states, you are crazy not to have it

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It is the same, just google Nexus and you apply to the US site. takes around 2 months to get approval and make an appointment in niagara and off you go.
    If you are travelling through the states, you are crazy not to have it
    thanks I will apply today.................. but I might still be crazy even after I get it

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

Will this card get me faster to my connecting flight on the way back to Canada when I have to clear Immigration and Customs in the US?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Will this card get me faster to my connecting flight on the way back to Canada when I have to clear Immigration and Customs in the US?
    It is much faster, I cleared US Immigration in about 3 minutes through Washington last trip, my suitcase took longer LOL.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,369 Times in 13,904 Posts

As we've mentioned before, the difference is night and day.

Imagine getting off the plane, and doing the long walk to Immigration, only to find a few hundred people standing in line waiting to be checked, meaning you are going to be standing in line for at least a half an hour or 45 minutes or more.

Now imagine walking into immigration, only to find a few hundred people standing in line waiting to be checked, and spotting the "Global Entry" sign. You walk right up to a customs agent(no line, or only one or two persons) and walking out of immigration in less time than one person gets checked in the regular line.

Now... how about checking in for a flight, and you see a few hundred people in line to go through the x-ray machines to get to their gate, meaning you are going to be in line for a half an hour or 45 minutes or so.

Now imagine checking in for a flight, only to find a few hundred people standing in line to go through the x-ray machine to get to their gate. You walk over to the TSA Pre line of 3-4 folks, and are on your way to your gate in the time that 1-2 folks got checked in the regular line.

Think that's faster? It's worth 3 times the price.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: 06/2012 - Global entry

Recently, I passed through what must be the most ''hassled'' airports. both with 2 global entries. AVOID EWR+MIA

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Recently, I passed through what must be the most ''hassled'' airports. both with 2 global entries. AVOID EWR+MIA

I love mia and have never had a problem and I pass thru there almost every month

and ewr is by far better for Canadians anyway that sanfran, Denver and dulles

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,369 Times in 13,904 Posts

I love mia and have never had a problem and I pass thru there almost every month

and ewr is by far better for Canadians anyway that sanfran, Denver and dulles
    I've gone through either MIA or FLL 10 times over the last few months, and only a couple were before Global Entry.

I was extremely happy when I experienced GE for the first time.

Think about this: probably less than 20 minutes from walking off the plane, I was out front waiting for my ride. (carry on only, of course)

When was the last time one of you guys got out of Miami in 20 minutes without Global Entry?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I've gone through either MIA or FLL 10 times over the last few months, and only a couple were before Global Entry.

I was extremely happy when I experienced GE for the first time.

Think about this: probably less than 20 minutes from walking off the plane, I was out front waiting for my ride. (carry on only, of course)

When was the last time one of you guys got out of Miami in 20 minutes without Global Entry?

actually I do mia in less than 10 minutes because I clear usa customs in Canada before leaving so when landing there I just grab my carryon and leave....no security period

and I never arrive there from anywhere else so mia is perfect for me without GE its the other airports I fly back to the usa on my way to Canada that give me grief

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    As we've mentioned before, the difference is night and day.

Imagine getting off the plane, and doing the long walk to Immigration, only to find a few hundred people standing in line waiting to be checked, meaning you are going to be standing in line for at least a half an hour or 45 minutes or more.

Now imagine walking into immigration, only to find a few hundred people standing in line waiting to be checked, and spotting the "Global Entry" sign. You walk right up to a customs agent(no line, or only one or two persons) and walking out of immigration in less time than one person gets checked in the regular line.

Now... how about checking in for a flight, and you see a few hundred people in line to go through the x-ray machines to get to their gate, meaning you are going to be in line for a half an hour or 45 minutes or so.

Now imagine checking in for a flight, only to find a few hundred people standing in line to go through the x-ray machine to get to their gate. You walk over to the TSA Pre line of 3-4 folks, and are on your way to your gate in the time that 1-2 folks got checked in the regular line.

Think that's faster? It's worth 3 times the price.
    I think I will do it for that. I have rarely waited in immigration and as Sport said I believe you have to wait for your luggage anyway so GE doesn't really work for immigration....I do like that tsa pre though...I will have to drive 2 hours to jfk for an interview so jimmy can show me his Asian spas same day...sounds llike a plan

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Things are getting a little more efficient in MIA with global entry
    They have 12 kiosks in the hall now and than you have your own line to clear the first part of immigration and customs.

Things get a little mixed up when you go back through security but I found you have to tell them you are TSA precheck or they could route you into the wrong line.

You still have to wait but you kinda get shuffled to the front of the line.

One time I still had to take off shoes and belt etc but last time in January I didn't.

MIA is not as efficient with TSA precheck as other places I have used it.

Detroit seems to be pretty good with it.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think I will do it for that. I have rarely waited in immigration and as Sport said I believe you have to wait for your luggage anyway so GE doesn't really work for immigration....I do like that tsa pre though...I will have to drive 2 hours to jfk for an interview so jimmy can show me his Asian spas same day...sounds llike a plan
    Just completed my online app and the 100 bucks...Lets see how long it takes to get a JFK interview ....

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information