Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07/2012 - Rumba bar

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Re: Rumba bar

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    Classico's still has over 200 empty cases of beer waiting for pick up each week. At 100 pesos a beer do the math. Most girls migrate from Rumba to Classico's by 11pm and Rumba dies off. I wouldn't under estimate Armando (owner of classico's) and his ability to get his piece of the action back if any is taken away. He's a very smart businessman.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    The tale of the tape. That says it all. Who cares where the people are, as long as you're doing volume sales.
    Let's wait and see. I dont know how many cases of beer Rumba is selling each week. I know they are open the same time as Merenge and open as late as Classicos. Maybe even a little later. 15 to 30 minutes longer during June.

Some girls say dont go upstairs monday to wednesday. That was just during my period of vacation. It might be different during other parts of the year.

Im going with Jimmy on this one. The scene has changed before and can change again. All Armando can do is lower is prices.

A club with lower prices, elbow room and better Air condition will draw customers.

I hope to see that upstairs in Rumba.
    Last edited by SrSuerte; 07-22-2012 at 06:52 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I first want to set the stage. Some people say hold the line with 1000 daytime no higher than 1500 ST. For night time 1500 to ?? it varies from 2000 to 2500, "unless its fuck it I am going to have fun". Some hold strong to the lower end.

Ok with having siad that. Does Rumba bar change any of that? How you might ask.

Why not find a TLN at an earlier time with a girl you know? Like late afternoon?

What would be your pricing scale be for keeping a girl from 4pm to the next morning or near noon time?

I am talking about fucking once or twice early, A night of Classicos or After One, a session after getting back to the room and and session in the morning.

My answer to what I would do is maybe not keeping a girl that long. Change up and get a new girl for the second half of the night. One time I took a ST at night and set an appointment for 11am. Believe it or not she was 30 early. I saw her walking around. She was at the internet cafe up the block from my Hotel, when I saw her so we just started early.

She is not in my report even though she definatly on my list of girls that I like. We sessioned on two different Occasions. She was the chick that stays in Hispanola. If I see her on this trip I will get a picture. She is one of them that hangs with the chics that dress like dudes.

But would you see negociate 3000 to 3500 for 4pm to the next day with a girl you know?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

sr suerte I would pay a billion dollars if it meant I was going to have the time of my life.

Do what feels right for you. I have paid a chica as little as 500 pesos and had a great time and I have paid 7000 pesos and I would have preferred to be raped by bubba in a prison like OZ than to be with that chica again.

Its your vacation DISFRUTA todo...

But to answer your negotiation questions would I pay those prices if I thought I would have a fantastic splash get my pics and video????

BABY GODZILLA APPROVES THIS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I first want to set the stage. Some people say hold the line with 1000 daytime no higher than 1500 ST. For night time 1500 to ?? it varies from 2000 to 2500, "unless its fuck it I am going to have fun". Some hold strong to the lower end.

Ok with having siad that. Does Rumba bar change any of that? How you might ask.

Why not find a TLN at an earlier time with a girl you know? Like late afternoon?

What would be your pricing scale be for keeping a girl from 4pm to the next morning or near noon time?

I am talking about fucking once or twice early, A night of Classicos or After One, a session after getting back to the room and and session in the morning.

My answer to what I would do is maybe not keeping a girl that long. Change up and get a new girl for the second half of the night. One time I took a ST at night and set an appointment for 11am. Believe it or not she was 30 early. I saw her walking around. She was at the internet cafe up the block from my Hotel, when I saw her so we just started early.

She is not in my report even though she definatly on my list of girls that I like. We sessioned on two different Occasions. She was the chick that stays in Hispanola. If I see her on this trip I will get a picture. She is one of them that hangs with the chics that dress like dudes.

But would you see negociate 3000 to 3500 for 4pm to the next day with a girl you know?

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

My Price is $1k for ST and TLN.. Yet I would pay more if I knew I would have a good time. I actually always give a little more. I just stick to my guns at un mil cuz I know I can.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Rumba has an earned reputation that chicas will ask and receive more money. Many part-timers. They realize that men in Sosua for short time will pay more, sometimes much more! Also, the food staff will try to pad your bill.

I go to sosua every 6-8 weeks & my experience at the Rumba is that it is a well run, & they have NEVER padded my bill. The service is excellent. The prices are fair if not cheap. As far as the girls asking for more money, they all ask for more money it is up to you to negociate. You can always say no & choose from the other hundred plus girls within 50 yards from where you are sitting.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blackcloud33066 View Post
    I go to sosua every 6-8 weeks & my experience at the Rumba is that it is a well run, & they have NEVER padded my bill. The service is excellent. The prices are fair if not cheap. As far as the girls asking for more money, they all ask for more money it is up to you to negociate. You can always say no & choose from the other hundred plus girls within 50 yards from where you are sitting.
    Nice first post. I love Rumba.

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

First post in your ISOC career. Interesting.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

At least he's not suggesting a contest...

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,264 Times in 7,382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    At least he's not suggesting a contest...
    ..........Uh........yeah.

Speaking of...did Potatohead get mashed outta here?

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    ..........Uh........yeah.

Speaking of...did Potatohead get mashed outta here?

He might be in the SU now having that Contest of his.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nice.. Yet 50yards is pretty far. Lets say 20 feet?

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    Classico's still has over 200 empty cases of beer waiting for pick up each week. At 100 pesos a beer do the math. Most girls migrate from Rumba to Classico's by 11pm and Rumba dies off. I wouldn't under estimate Armando (owner of classico's) and his ability to get his piece of the action back if any is taken away. He's a very smart businessman.

Presidentes are 150 in Classico.
    and they are usually sold out of Lights by 12-1am every night. Not just weekends

If you see the size of the daily presidente delivery, I doubt Armando gives a shit about Rhumba

and if he did feel he was losing market share, I am sure he would handle it gangland style. Rumored to have happened before.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Yes, Rumba is diffinitely a nice spot/experience. Service is pretty good , sexy bartenders, chicas everywhere and good music. You can start or even finish your evening at rumbas picking up a chick.
    There have been times that I go there before classicos and there have been times that I go after the beach in swim suit and sandals and party till 2 am after hooking up with a crew of chicas....
    Last month they showed the Miami Heat Game and Manny Pacquiao Fight back to back... Pretty Good Night.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Mad Re: Rumba bar

Rumba is charging sin pesos for cerveza, pequeno, in front of their ''stale'' food display. Possibly a staff rip-off.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

I for one take the idea of patronizing several bars. El flow is my current favorite to hang out and listen to local music and Rhumba is fun to as there are so many pretty chicas and the vibe is fun at that bar. I also enjoyed Merengue, Attitudes and a few others that I am not remembering at the moment. Classicos is ok and a fun place to go dancing but I don't feel like I need it for chica pulling and realize that it might require a little bigger investment there but not every single pull has to be elcheapo.

Lots of bars helps us all as competition helps to keep drink prices low, cover charges mostly non existent and it spreads out the chicas or lets us escape the drama chica.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On my last trip, for the first time ever, I spent the vast majority of my time on the strip across the street. Most of that time was spent in Rumba. It became my favorite spot. And, it has morphed into a sub-station of the Haitian Embassy (Bar Central) as many Haitianas sit along the rail or at a table overlooking the sidewalk. I'm not sure if many of them even venture over to other places later on. Quite a few just seemed to be satisfied with hanging out there in the early evening.

When I would walk across the street and have a drink at Central, there was already close to a full house of Haitianas there, waiting to be taken away for an hour or a night. I thought the selection of Haitianas rivaled that of the Dominicanas, and in my mind, they even appeared to outnumber them much of the time.

But, for overall satisfaction with drink pricing, service, chica availability, ambiance, music, etc.....Rumba has become my go to spot. I couldn't beleive it until I was leaving but on this last trip, I didn't even take a seat at Merengue one time. Not much going on there after the weekend was over.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Great info which I intend to employ in my trip (Aug 31 - Sept 15).

Hatianas are my faves....I'll even take Robert1234's left-overs but I prefer new arrivals.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Count View Post
    Great info which I intend to employ in my trip (Aug 31 - Sept 15).

Hatianas are my faves....I'll even take Robert1234's left-overs but I prefer new arrivals.
    Count, I really am looking forward to meeting you then. Probably see you in Rockys more than once since you will be across the street and I'll be about a 7-10 minute walk away. Hope we can grab a sidewalk table at Rumba's in the early evening sometime and watch the parade walk by.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,726 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Count, I really am looking forward to meeting you then. Probably see you in Rockys more than once since you will be across the street and I'll be about a 7-10 minute walk away. Hope we can grab a sidewalk table at Rumba's in the early evening sometime and watch the parade walk by.
    Let's do that, Mr. Smooth. I would love to. Great handle by the way!

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Count For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I like going to Rumba for the girls. What does everyone think about the food? Unless I was trying someones food, I would not give them a third chance. They cooks had a nice chicken stand when they were down by Hotel Europa some years back. I dont know what has happened. The chicken was super dry. We even added sauce, but it did not help.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information