Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 07/2012 - Rumba bar

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Re: Rumba bar

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    I like going to Rumba for the girls. What does everyone think about the food? Unless I was trying someones food, I would not give them a third chance. They cooks had a nice chicken stand when they were down by Hotel Europa some years back. I dont know what has happened. The chicken was super dry. We even added sauce, but it did not help.
    I was very disappointed with the chicken at Rumbas food stand as well... I like Bobby and all, but that chicken just sucked, 2nd time in a row for me as well . Ive had burgers there that were literally so big I could barely eat them, dont recall the name of them ,but they were pretty good ,by Dominican standards, way too much salt of course.
    .. But if its late and night on the strip, what you gonna do..
    I wish that deep fried mystery meat food cart kid would come back , he was last on the sidestreet there but i think they kicked him out of there too.. have not seen the sandwich guy in ages.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

Definitely reminds me of basic bar food. Nothing special and small portions. Its a great lil snack but if you are looking for a meal...surely go elsewhere.
    It's always happy hour somewhere in the world...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to theheights718 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

I just noticed today. She worked at Passions and now she.....

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Click to see pic
    What a doll. She'd be perfect if she didn't have that beer/baby belly.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

She does not have it anymore. She looks very slim and now she is a bartender in Rumba. Very sexy. Please dont run through her too bad before I return......

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    I was very disappointed with the chicken at Rumbas food stand as well... I like Bobby and all, but that chicken just sucked, 2nd time in a row for me as well . Ive had burgers there that were literally so big I could barely eat them, dont recall the name of them ,but they were pretty good ,by Dominican standards, way too much salt of course.
    I wish that deep fried mystery meat food cart kid would come back , he was last on the sidestreet there but i think they kicked him out of there too.. have not seen the sandwich guy in ages.
    Guys, trust me on this one... For late night, cheap, good food, you have to go to the stand on the main road... If you are coming from Rockies to Pedro Clisante, keep it moving up that side street, go all the way to the main road to the gas station/Pharmacy, cross the street of the main road and you will see a small food cart (they have a light on the cart that will shine as you walk up the block)... The food is good, the soup is great, and its cheap! You can eat behind this stand (which I dont recommend if you are alone, cause you never know) but I have sat down there and enjoyed my food or soup a few times with no problems... This is where the chicas go when they are hungry and dont have a monger to buy them food... They even have to-go bowl/containers for the soup... When I was there I had a nice soup and side of white rice to spoon up with my soup for about 110 pesos..

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Guys, trust me on this one... For late night, cheap, good food, you have to go to the stand on the main road... If you are coming from Rockies to Pedro Clisante, keep it moving up that side street, go all the way to the main road to the gas station/Pharmacy, cross the street of the main road and you will see a small food cart (they have a light on the cart that will shine as you walk up the block)... The food is good, the soup is great, and its cheap! You can eat behind this stand (which I dont recommend if you are alone, cause you never know) but I have sat down there and enjoyed my food or soup a few times with no problems... This is where the chicas go when they are hungry and dont have a monger to buy them food... They even have to-go bowl/containers for the soup... When I was there I had a nice soup and side of white rice to spoon up with my soup for about 110 pesos..

I prefer the 50 peso sandwich shop. Walk up the hill from Rocky's and it's on the left hand side before the light. Huge sandwichs that taste great (as far as my drunk ass can remember!)

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

good call. I was with a (hungry) chica at Rumba and I thought we could just grab a bite there, but she took one look at the food at the grill, shook her head "no" and walked us over to the food stand you're talking about. Half a chicken with a couple drinks cost less than 200 pesos and the chicken was tasty.

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    I prefer the 50 peso sandwich shop. Walk up the hill from Rocky's and it's on the left hand side before the light. Huge sandwichs that taste great (as far as my drunk ass can remember!)
    Is that place up the hill towards DR Anjeo Martinez like right on the round corner on the left side of Dr Rosen or is it the other way across Pedro Clisante before you get to the main road?

I heard about this place from Elmudo but wasn't exactly sure where it was. Heard the sandwiches were real good.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    good call. I was with a (hungry) chica at Rumba and I thought we could just grab a bite there, but she took one look at the food at the grill, shook her head "no" and walked us over to the food stand you're talking about. Half a chicken with a couple drinks cost less than 200 pesos and the chicken was tasty.
    You know it's good when the Dominicans eat there... Of course being that its off the "beaten path", even though its a block from the action, you wont see any mongers there, but I made it my regular spot a few times last trip... I mostly had the soup and rice there but tasted their fried chicken and pork chops and both were good! and CHEAP!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Is that place up the hill towards DR Anjeo Martinez like right on the round corner on the left side of Dr Rosen or is it the other way across Pedro Clisante before you get to the main road?

I heard about this place from Elmudo but wasn't exactly sure where it was. Heard the sandwiches were real good.

HUH????

Make a left out of Rocky's. Walk up the hill. Before you get to the main road and the light, two or three stores before the light, on the left hand side is the place.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,366 Times in 408 Posts

Click to see pic
    this girl . Back in january LJDMV wanted to try her out. she tells us that she is on her "period" and can only suck. i tell her to forget it that its not worth it. 10 minutes later some dudes walks in and one of the guys starts to talk to her and within 5 minutes he is taking her out TLN (this was around 6pm).

i talk to the one young dominican guy (speaks pretty good english) that works there and he trys to tell me that she is on her period. So i ask him, what guy do you know would take out a girl that is on her period for an overnight stay?? he wouldn't answer me.

I have seen this guy around during my trip and from the way he was talking when he was his friends he is not the type to take a girl out for a bj and "just to hang out."

fraudulent ass people. the more i go to passions the more i dislike the place.

She does a hell of a dance though with that oil or whatever.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmoney View Post
    this girl . Back in january LJDMV wanted to try her out. she tells us that she is on her "period" and can only suck. i tell her to forget it that its not worth it. 10 minutes later some dudes walks in and one of the guys starts to talk to her and within 5 minutes he is taking her out TLN (this was around 6pm).
    A couple of observations:

1.Maybe she wasn't really on her period, but was saying that because she didn't want to go with you.

2. Have you ever had sex with a girl on her period? I have. More times than I care to remember.

3. Maybe the guy was content to just receive a BJ. Or maybe he just wanted her to hang out with him. All types in this world.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    A couple of observations:

1.Maybe she wasn't really on her period, but was saying that because she didn't want to go with you.

2. Have you ever had sex with a girl on her period? I have. More times than I care to remember.

3. Maybe the guy was content to just receive a BJ. Or maybe he just wanted her to hang out with him. All types in this world.
    this is true. i think it might number one. LJ wanted to see what she was all about. we spoke to a few other girls the day before and asked if they did anal. i think when i tried to find out about her the next day she must of talked to the other girls and the must of told her.

i do give LJ credit though he told me after she said the period thing that he did not want her anymore because she would not smile at all . I guess he dodged a bullet.

i am curious to know what prices she charges now outside of passions.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

i talk to the one young dominican guy (speaks pretty good english) that works there and he trys to tell me that she is on her period. So i ask him, what guy do you know would take out a girl that is on her period for an overnight stay?? he wouldn't answer me.

I have seen this guy around during my trip and from the way he was talking when he was his friends he is not the type to take a girl out for a bj and "just to hang out."

fraudulent ass people. the more i go to passions the more i dislike the place.

She does a hell of a dance though with that oil or whatever.
    That's just one of the games. One of her favorites was in town. It's great when the game works for you. Guess it sucks when it doesn't.

Lorena use to say some shit to guys to put them off until I got there to salida her.

Yera did it for DaveMaryland when he was in town.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks i will check this place out. i am trying to find it now on that sosua google map

do you walk past don antonios?

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dmoney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

thanks i will check this place out. i am trying to find it now on that sosua google map
    If you're walking up the middle of Dr. Rosen towards the main road, it's directly in front of you - if you cross the main road you'll walk right into the place, you can't miss it.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    HUH????

Make a left out of Rocky's. Walk up the hill. Before you get to the main road and the light, two or three stores before the light, on the left hand side is the place.
    In know i get confused on directions sometimes.
    I am pretty sure I know where it is now.
    Will check it out next time I am there

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    The deep fried mystery meet guy was there the week you made this post, I ate thew twice. It's up the block from the winner circle just before the highway. I ate a meet n chicken combo. Mmmmmmmm good!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

No one eats at the sandwich shop up the block from Rumba?? 50 peso sandwiches. I believe Balcoach calls it taco bell.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information