Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sosua is not Disneyland

Thanks
    Thanked 28,017 Times in 7,148 Posts

Sosua is not Disneyland

Got this from over on I.S.G.

Sosua is not Disneyland

Friday night in Sosua a monger (not a vet, but not a newbie either) agreed a price of 2500 pesos for TLN. Took the chica back to Terra Linda for the night. After one pop she pulled the old "leave early" stunt so he would only pay her 1500 pesos for ST. She refused to leave and he threw her out. There was no physical fight as such and she left quietly enough though obviously in a foul mood.

She came back later (early next morning?) with bruises, a cop and a lawyer, and the guy was arrested and taken to a Puerto Plata cell for the night. The security guard who had let her out said she was in good state when she left so presumably the bruises were inflicted by herself or her chulo.

Next day some of the friends he had made on his trips here, plus some very experienced ex-pats, arrived with a lawyer. Eventually they all chipped in to make up US$3500 to get him released and (I think) the charges dropped. The monger left for the US (either because it was his last day anyway or because he was understandably so pissed off with the DR, or because he was now broke, or because it was a condition of his release, I don't know which). I guess he won't be back in a hurry.

The above are the brief facts, though obviously there was a lot more hassle, unpleasantness and complications involved over a 36-hour (?) period.

Some random comments:

136, 500 pesos expended to save 1000, plus a lot of other guys precious holiday time and incidental expenses. Many guys advocate standing up to the chicas and cops and not yielding any ground. This might work 19 times out of 20 but when you look at the cost savings it is not a good bet.

I have no idea whether the guy had been drinking or was stone-cold sober but alcohol is never helpful in such situations.

The management of Terra Linda were totally unhelpful (and wouldn't let the security guard speak on the monger's behalf) but the manager of Rocky's (where the guy was not staying and who did not know the guy from Adam) spent a lot of his time helping. It might have been him who arranged a defence lawyer but don't quote me on that. I can understand Terra Linda's position. They have to carry on their business after the monger is back in the States and they don't want to make enemies of a cop and a lawyer by denying them a payday, but I suspect he would have got more backing from the New Garden and obviously at Rocky's because their whole businesses are reliant on recommendations from mongers whereas TL are trying to position themselves as a family hotel.

This sort of thing could happen in any part of the DR (or in most other corrupt countries as well) but it is far more likely to happen with hard-core putas from the "strip" in Sosua. (I imagine I will get no arguments from Jaosousa on that point). That is one reason why, after my first 2 or 3 trips, I have confined my mongering to Pto Pta, other small towns and the campo.

Kudos to all the guys who chipped in, not with "wise after the event" comments but with their time and a lot of hard cash. Most of them hardly knew the guy but they all realised it could happen to any of us. Had he been a lone wolf he could really have been screwed a lot worse.

Kuddo's to Rick for helping this guy
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: Sosua is not Disneyland

Oh great, another thread on the same topic. Just what we need.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

OK half of the story is right.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    Got this from over on I.S.G.

Sosua is not Disneyland

Friday night in Sosua a monger (not a vet, but not a newbie either) agreed a price of 2500 pesos for TLN. Took the chica back to Terra Linda for the night. After one pop she pulled the old "leave early" stunt so he would only pay her 1500 pesos for ST. She refused to leave and he threw her out. There was no physical fight as such and she left quietly enough though obviously in a foul mood.

She came back later (early next morning?) with bruises, a cop and a lawyer, and the guy was arrested and taken to a Puerto Plata cell for the night. The security guard who had let her out said she was in good state when she left so presumably the bruises were inflicted by herself or her chulo.

Next day some of the friends he had made on his trips here, plus some very experienced ex-pats, arrived with a lawyer. Eventually they all chipped in to make up US$3500 to get him released and (I think) the charges dropped. The monger left for the US (either because it was his last day anyway or because he was understandably so pissed off with the DR, or because he was now broke, or because it was a condition of his release, I don't know which). I guess he won't be back in a hurry.

The above are the brief facts, though obviously there was a lot more hassle, unpleasantness and complications involved over a 36-hour (?) period.

Some random comments:

136, 500 pesos expended to save 1000, plus a lot of other guys precious holiday time and incidental expenses. Many guys advocate standing up to the chicas and cops and not yielding any ground. This might work 19 times out of 20 but when you look at the cost savings it is not a good bet.

I have no idea whether the guy had been drinking or was stone-cold sober but alcohol is never helpful in such situations.

The management of Terra Linda were totally unhelpful (and wouldn't let the security guard speak on the monger's behalf) but the manager of Rocky's (where the guy was not staying and who did not know the guy from Adam) spent a lot of his time helping. It might have been him who arranged a defence lawyer but don't quote me on that. I can understand Terra Linda's position. They have to carry on their business after the monger is back in the States and they don't want to make enemies of a cop and a lawyer by denying them a payday, but I suspect he would have got more backing from the New Garden and obviously at Rocky's because their whole businesses are reliant on recommendations from mongers whereas TL are trying to position themselves as a family hotel.

This sort of thing could happen in any part of the DR (or in most other corrupt countries as well) but it is far more likely to happen with hard-core putas from the "strip" in Sosua. (I imagine I will get no arguments from Jaosousa on that point). That is one reason why, after my first 2 or 3 trips, I have confined my mongering to Pto Pta, other small towns and the campo.

Kudos to all the guys who chipped in, not with "wise after the event" comments but with their time and a lot of hard cash. Most of them hardly knew the guy but they all realised it could happen to any of us. Had he been a lone wolf he could really have been screwed a lot worse.

Kuddo's to Rick for helping this guy
    Great topic, I have said so many times you can't trust Sosua Whores and yet that is the only world some people know. Medellin is far less risky to get drama from the girls. Maybe more street crime but you can avoid that with taxis. The Philippines 10 times better in choice, quality and less drama and even Thailand with some drama is better.
    Salut to Rick and any Expats that helped this guy.
    Just Doing It

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

I have always called Sosua Disneyland for men, and I still belive that, this incident although distubing has not changed that opinion, it is always how you carry yourself, and what you do, this although a bad and a disturbing occurrance does not signify Sosua, more of an aberration in my opinion. You are free to disagree, but let's not get it too twisted, by one incindent. Just my opinion.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

As Hu said, they've got about half of it right. I'd say that they are reading it on here, and putting it into their own words and posting. The only number that is mentioned is $3500. Which was not the amount finally paid.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

DASBOOTY Erases a lot of messages...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    As Hu said, they've got about half of it right. I'd say that they are reading it on here, and putting it into their own words and posting. The only number that is mentioned is $3500. Which was not the amount finally paid.
    I have to own up. That was me posting on ISG.

Obviously there is a lot of the story I don't know. No-one knows all of it. Even the guy himself doesn't know who the chica met and what she arranged after she left him. And even if the guy himself gets to tell his side of the story there is no guarantee that he won't deliberately or unconsciously massage it a bit in his own favor. The memory can play funny tricks under stress. I am sure Trey has seen many court witnesses in action where perfectly honest and intelligent people with no personal interest in the outcome can come out with wildly different versions of what was said and done.

Everything I posted I was told by guys at Field of Dreams who were in the group helping the monger and while events were fresh. Nothing came from what I had read. One of them told me the figure was $3500. He would have no reason to lie to me but perhaps it later went up or down unknown to him.

Maybe some of the story is still missing, but surely not as much as half of the main points. If I have posted anything which is untrue then please correct it and accept my apologies.

The reason I rushed to post on ISG was to try and get a reasonably factual version online before all the wild speculation and hindsight started, which we are already seeing on this board. If I have posted specific untruths there, put me right and I will post corrections there.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Sir Weyland,
    Sometimes you post the most useful, articulate and intelligent information and sometimes you post the stupidest stuff ... i mean what were you thinking ? assuming and hypothesizing without knowing ALL the "FACTS" from the "inner circle" , and giving your opinions too ?, The unmitigated GALL and Nerve..... ???

Oh wait, that was me...

(in voice of great Rosanna Danna) NEVER MIND !!!!......

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

This story is becoming liken to a CNN or Fox news report, get it out there fast. Don't let a good story get in the way of the facts.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

18. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

There has not been a kidnapping in a while, so this story will have to do for now...

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    There has not been a kidnapping in a while, so this story will have to do for now...
    A few of us here are way more interested in the crazy Brit gringa who ran over (repeat ad infinitum) her sanky on Monday night.

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com/news/r...rto-plata.html

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Sir Weyland,
    Sometimes you post the most useful, articulate and intelligent information and sometimes you post the stupidest stuff ... i mean what were you thinking ? assuming and hypothesizing without knowing ALL the "FACTS" from the "inner circle" , and giving your opinions too ?, The unmitigated GALL and Nerve..... ???

Oh wait, that was me...

(in voice of great Rosanna Danna) NEVER MIND !!!!......
    Not this inner circle shit again @_@ #I'mDead
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

From what I can see, Sosua is exactly like Disneyland. Sometimes you're the Prince and sometimes just another f'ing Dwarf!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Or any stories of Naked Spooners in the local jail. Maybe this guy could say if he saw 8 or better or at least his name scratched in the concrete or something

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Or any stories of Naked Spooners in the local jail. Maybe this guy could say if he saw 8 or better or at least his name scratched in the concrete or something
    Damnnn you ...Mike Lodge,,
    that was gonna be my First question for Mr X, if he ever posts ..
    " soooo, see any naked spooners in a Dominican Jail lately ?"

U know, just to break the Ice...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    A few of us here are way more interested in the crazy Brit gringa who ran over (repeat ad infinitum) her sanky on Monday night.

Thanks for the link. Is this RD's version of the national enquirer?

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    Thanks for the link. Is this RD's version of the national enquirer?
    They are best known for their video coverage in the DR north. They did most of the coverage when the police where arresting chicas which was shown on many stations here. If I'm mistaken, the studio is located in La Union where many of the locals will sell their videos to them. Sort of like a neighborhood video center of everything and everybody either dead, or in an accident.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    Not really. They are best known for their video coverage in the DR north. They did most of the video coverage when the police where arresting chicas which was shown on many stations here. If I'm mistaken, their studio is located in La Union where many of the locals will sell their videos to them. Sort of like a neighborhood video center of everything and everybody either dead, or in an accident.

Ahh more of a TMZ. Maybe it's thier footage of the cops busting out one of their own.

Didn't want to start another thread just for this, but is this singer getting airplay in RD? Love this classic with the Bachata beat.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Dam Daddy Coconuts son is dead SMH who is next Father pineapple @_@

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information