Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08/2012 - El Cutivo on Pedro Clisente

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

08/2012 - El Cutivo on Pedro Clisente

They have come along futher with the construction since I shot this video. From the video you can see that this bar falls in between Rumba and Winners Circle.

For those that dont know. Winners Circle is the bar with the chica sitting on the motorcycle.

The bartenders from here are the same bartenders from Latinos when I was going there back in 2009. The young, slim, blonde is not working now. She said that she is going back to school.

They were not doing bottle service when I was there in July. I dont know if that will change. They also serve food. I have eaten there several times. Once was during the NBA Finals.

I guess we will see how they develope as time goes on.

They had some chairs on the sidewalk when I was there during August (2012). Just like Rumba and El Flow, you can sit and drink. The bartenders always took good care of me. I just like a strong drink. That is why I switched to buying a bottle.
    Last edited by SrSuerte; 08-12-2012 at 12:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: El Cutivo on Pedro Clisente

You can also see the bar called, "Attitudes" in the backround before hitting play on the video.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Nah man the chicas there are from the old latinos bar...

Rachel works at the steakhouse up the street.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

That is what I said!

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

DSC05675.jpg

This is how it looked 2 years ago.DSC05676.jpg

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

Na Hu. Rachel is done at the steakhouse. She's with Myra at this bar.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is this the chic with the deep voice?

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Is is just me or is that shit owened by the mayor or mayor's wife... I have heard from a few people,one being Tarzan),that I should not spend my money there... Basically they are setting up a bar and catering to the people THE DO NOT LIKE!!

Of if something changed since January/Feb.. Please send me the info... I thought we had an informal boycott on the place..

If there are other places to go so close by, why give our money to the people that dont like us already when we can give it to other bars that dont mind what we do, as long as we have fun b4 selecting the girl of the night...

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Is is just me or is that shit owened by the mayor or mayor's wife... I have heard from a few people,one being Tarzan),that I should not spend my money there... Basically they are setting up a bar and catering to the people THE DO NOT LIKE!!

Of if something changed since January/Feb.. Please send me the info... I thought we had an informal boycott on the place..

If there are other places to go so close by, why give our money to the people that dont like us already when we can give it to other bars that dont mind what we do, as long as we have fun b4 selecting the girl of the night...

De Veras?

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post

You talking about the EX mayor and his wife.. The current mayor is Iliana Neuman ,, a woman..
    and someone who lives there can tell us more accurate info , but yes he bought it before he left office as I recall , all cash. and NO he does not hate mongers, why would he hate mongers and then open up a bar ? It was ILIANA who immediately when she took OFFICE started the Crackdown on the Bars on PC... Especially Latinos.
    so I am curious what boycott you are referring to .
    But, how a Dominican working on a civil service type salary got a hold of $400K cash to buy Mr Luis Hess's place, when it became available after his death , is a better question..
    Let me shut up though..

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SrSuerte View Post
    Is this the chic with the deep voice?

Click to see pic

Yeah. Thats her. Myra.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

So not really paying much attention to the place when I was there a few weeks ago ( just noticed the construction ) whats the idea ? another bar or are they going to try to give classicos a run opening a disco ?
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    You talking about the EX mayor and his wife.. The current mayor is Iliana Neuman ,, a woman..and someone who lives there can tell us more accurate info , but yes he bought it before he left office as I recall , all cash. and NO he does not hate mongers, why would he hate mongers and then open up a bar ? It was ILIANA who immediately when she took OFFICE started the Crackdown on the Bars on PC... Especially Latinos. so I am curious what boycott you are referring to .But, how a Dominican working on a civil service type salary got a hold of $400K cash to buy Mr Luis Hess's place, when it became available after his death , is a better question..
    Let me shut up though..
    The land, as well as the business is owned by a German resident. The deputy mayor Willy Olivences (el chamo) is the perfect local front man for the business.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Been told this bar is going to be called 'Sosua City Drink'.....WTF

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Sounds like a German Translation gone terribly Bad !? ...

getränkemarkt = Drink market, but would only be used for a MARKET where you BUY bottles or cases..
    Trinken = Drinking

But a Bar would alwaye be BAR or Kneipe (Pub)..
    but "Bar" can also be used to say CASH, like when you get the tab, you can pay with a Card, or BAR..
    so maybe somebody was trying to avoid using the word Bar cause it also translates to CASH money ? ?

I'm sitting here with 2 guys who are from Munich, and they are scratching their heads as well.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

It's now in that bastion of accurate journalism Sosua News...so it must be right.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Thats the name. They just hoisted the sign up two days ago. I forgot who I was told owns it, But I believe the land is owned by a former politician. That may be correct. Not sure if this place is gonna do good. Went in the bar a few weeks ago for all of 5min.. the ambiance was lame and the music was terrible.

Maybe it will change when its finished. Yes damn near all the girls are from the old latinos with two being girls who left WC.
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

I thought they were calling it "Pop Bar"? Even had a sign up and everything...

Sosua City Drink?

que carajo?

35. The Following User Says Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vpchill View Post
    Thats the name. They just hoisted the sign up two days ago. I forgot who I was told owns it, But I believe the land is owned by a former politician. That may be correct. Not sure if this place is gonna do good. Went in the bar a few weeks ago for all of 5min.. the ambiance was lame and the music was terrible.

Maybe it will change when its finished. Yes damn near all the girls are from the old latinos with two being girls who left WC.
    I thought the place was going to be called POP at least that was the sign there at the end of July.
    Sosua City Drink kinda a goofy name, I like POP better. I hung out there a couple of different nights when I was there in July. Not busy either time. The first time they were having major issues with the music transitions from song to song. The second time it was much better. Played alot of US music that night. The DJ was friendly and was taking requests. They were also messing with the lights which was a little annoying.

Bartenders were all pretty but seemed to have an attitude which seems to be the norm for lady bartenders in Sosua

I think it could be a fun place to hang out but we will see how it all turns out.

A good formula will be
    Low drink prices
    Good music
    Lots of pretty chicas
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I thought the place was going to be called POP at least that was the sign there at the end of July.
    Sosua City Drink kinda a goofy name, I like POP better. I hung out there a couple of different nights when I was there in July. Not busy either time. The first time they were having major issues with the music transitions from song to song. The second time it was much better. Played alot of US music that night. The DJ was friendly and was taking requests. They were also messing with the lights which was a little annoying.

Bartenders were all pretty but seemed to have an attitude which seems to be the norm for lady bartenders in Sosua

Click to see pic

I think it could be a fun place to hang out but we will see how it all turns out.

A good formula will be
    Low drink prices
    Good music
    Lots of pretty chicas

Hey J_d, yea I think the first bar will be called pop bar still as that sign is still there. As well as the restaurant sign so Im not sure. I do know the disco is supposed to be in the house. The music issues were the same when I was there which was about the same time I am guessing. They couldnt get from song to song.

I used to go there for the Karoake nights a few times last year and it was pretty nice.

As far as the drinks, Latinos has now lowered there prices so we shall see how that goes. Not sure if many knew this but Merengue has happy hour from 4pm to 8pm.. Half price beers and cuba libres.. I honestly never saw the sign but stopped in with a few buddies the other day.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information