Thread: Pedro closed to Motor Vehicles test run!!

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Pedro closed to Motor Vehicles test run!!

There were many topics discussed, but the main thing was the plan to close the main street Pedro Clisante at weekends (as a test) for traffic. The Pedro Clisante will be closed for traffic from Friday to Sunday from 6 pm until the next morning. This applies to the area between the Happy Bar and the Bermuda Bar (Fat Herman). This experiment should start in November.

http://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=3116&article=1

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Re: Pedro closed to Motor Vehicles test run!!

Ok. I am trying to figure out where this "no moto/car" area starts and ends. I noticed that El Flow and Merengue are on the board. Are they going to allow tables back on the sidewalk, once they close off the street?

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Great idea , no more moto's backed up to the curb blowing exhaust , and the article mentioned that tables out on the sidewalks , nice , will it work ? and are they going to enforce it ? I hope so , it would be a good change....
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

I think they are talking about the whole strip, but I'm not certain. I would not miss the concho circus on Pedro that is for sure!!!!

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I think it's a good look. I like that part about Boca Chica. It will give it that nice block party feel if they put tables and chairs in the street like in BC. The question is will they since they removed them from the sidewalk after that shooting.

It's kind of cool sitting in the middle of the street watching pussy walk by and you can invite chicas to your table or just collect some numbers without leaving your seat as they parade by.

The motos in BC just line up at all the intersections. I guess they would do the same thing.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    I think it's a good look. I like that part about Boca Chica. It will give it that nice block party feel if they put tables and chairs in the street like in BC.
    true that is a great feature of BC......they have been doing it since the 90's in BC.......they should try it in Sosua......
    of course that defeats Sosua idea of not having chairs table outside of the businesses on the sidewalks.....oh well
    now there will be a greater chance of getting shot when some idiot decides to start shooting practice on PC.......
    with100's packed on the street instead of on the sidewalks it will be hard to miss people.....gezzzzzzzz
    you ever get the feeling that Sosua leaders do everything by the seat of their pants........lol

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    Ok. I am trying to figure out where this "no moto/car" area starts and ends. I noticed that El Flow and Merengue are on the board. Are they going to allow tables back on the sidewalk, once they close off the street?
    it's from Duarte (the corner where Happy Bar is - PJ's is diagonally across) to Dr. Rosen.

I've been saying they should do this for the better part of a year, glad they finally listened.

Don't know what the plan will be regarding tables & chairs, I think they'll probably wanna see how this plays out first.

It's a good idea in terms of getting rid of the traffic and the motos, but I wonder how this will affect the chicas. They used to take motos & shared cabs right to the front of Classico or wherever they were heading and now will have to walk the politur gauntlet.

If they close off Camino del Libre (the street that runs between WC & D'Latin) - which I think they'd have to do - I wonder where all the motos will re-situate?

I like the idea, but if they aren't clear on the rules (are they ever?) things could be messy.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    I like the idea, but if they aren't clear on the rules (are they ever?) things could be messy.
    You hit the nail on the other head Rules in the DR
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thread Information