Thread: Tired of these gadamn beggars in Sosua...

Thanks

Tired of these gadamn beggars in Sosua...

[BACKGROUND]
    I'm not talking about the kids, I'm talking about the grown men, Haitian1 and Haitian2. You've all seen them, Haitian1 literally follows you up and down the strip begging you...very scruffy looking and hangs out at the club sometimes. Well on my first trip to Sosua last year, I made the mistake and gave him a few pesos (I was green as outfield grass). For some reason now he thinks every time he sees me that he should get something.

Now Haitian 2 is this one of those "guides" that hangs around you and tries to tell you which chick has AIDS and all kinds of other irrelevant lying shit.
    BUT Haitian2 also cost one of my friends. My friend had to pay a cop some pesos because of some shit Haitian2 was into with the cop (shakedown of some sort)..this was also our first trip last year.
    [END BACKGROUND]

Anyway last weekend I do a quick 2 day trip and I'm in D-Latin hanging out enjoying myself and the guys I met wanted to head up to Rumba. Cool, I'm heading out and who do I see. Hatian1, he says something to me then proceeds to follow me and my friends up to Rumba. I tell him go ask someone else for money, I'm here to enjoy MYSELF. We get to Rumba and we are hanging outside and I turn around and there is Hatian1 standing there looking at me. So I look back and said WHAT?!? So he walks off. At this point I'm irritated.

Me and my friends go into Rumba checking out the new scenery and one of my friends goes here he comes again. I turn around from the bar and Haitian1 is standing there with Hatian2. Now I'm gas-can-lit pissed off cause out of everyone in Sosua you brought to try to intimidate me you bring HIM? So the Presidente I had in my hand went from drinking stance to buss someone in the fuckin head stance. I say WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM STOP ASKING ME FOR MONEY AND GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME FROM ME BEGGIN ASS BUM...while holding the bottle in plain sight in case they didn't understand English. They give me this mean look and walk off.

Of course Rumba security shows up afterwards telling me that they are "mafioso" and try to steal and set people up and all that. Thanks for the heads up Kojak.

I'm a very cool and humble dude but I wanted to crack them 2 skulls so bad last week.
    I knew where I was and was well aware of the jail stories but if them 2 dirty fucks thought I was going to back down from them......I'm getting pissed off just typing this shit.

So the 2 guys I was with, who I met just the day before go...Dang what was that all about?

Next morning I see this guy I know that works with the police and told him about the night before and he said he knows who they are and "they will not bother me again". Instead of the police chasing the chicks away, they really need to get these bums off the street.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

Re: Tired of these gadamn beggars in Sosua...

These are not beggars but hustlers. Always be polite and firm and don't project an image of one worth been hustled. If on occasion it doesn't help, move on. As a last resort, call Sosua police patrulla number and ask them to help to get rid of this annoyance. Buy an officer a lunch and wish G-d's help in providing for him and his family.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Is one of them the tall, older, bald Haitian who wears gold rim glasses? He always trys to pass himself off as an american who is on an extended vacation. Claims he can get you attractive girls for 500 pesos . He really isnt that much of a pest, just kinda waits around and hopes you offer him a beer.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    Is one of them the tall, older, bald Haitian who wears gold rim glasses? He always trys to pass himself off as an american who is on an extended vacation. Claims he can get you attractive girls for 500 pesos . He really isnt that much of a pest, just kinda waits around and hopes you offer him a beer.

Is that my friend Henry you are talking about. Lol he's harmless..

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    These are not beggars but hustlers. Always be polite and firm and don't project an image of one worth been hustled. If on occasion it doesn't help, move on. As a last resort, call Sosua police patrulla number and ask them to help to get rid of this annoyance. Buy an officer a lunch and wish G-d's help in providing for him and his family.
    NOT a good idea to solicit the help of the DR policia...

If you didn't want to pay a hustler I am sure you don't want to pay the corrupt police in DR.

Best thing is to just walk away...don't make eye contact and pretend you don't understand...

Remember the Dominicans have

ZERO RESPECT for all gringos...

Best thing to do is to stay in motion and get away as fast as possible.
    Last edited by WSJ3; 12-23-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    They have ZERO respect for each other.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    They have ZERO respect for each other.
    At least they got something right at last.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Re: Tired of these gadamn beggars in Sosua...

Quote Originally Posted by ebl1702399 View Post
    [BACKGROUND]
    I'm not talking about the kids, I'm talking about the grown men, Haitian1 and Haitian2. You've all seen them, Haitian1 literally follows you up and down the strip begging you...very scruffy looking and hangs out at the club sometimes. Well on my first trip to Sosua last year, I made the mistake and gave him a few pesos (I was green as outfield grass). For some reason now he thinks every time he sees me that he should get something.

Now Haitian 2 is this one of those "guides" that hangs around you and tries to tell you which chick has AIDS and all kinds of other irrelevant lying shit.
    BUT Haitian2 also cost one of my friends. My friend had to pay a cop some pesos because of some shit Haitian2 was into with the cop (shakedown of some sort)..this was also our first trip last year.
    [END BACKGROUND]

Anyway last weekend I do a quick 2 day trip and I'm in D-Latin hanging out enjoying myself and the guys I met wanted to head up to Rumba. Cool, I'm heading out and who do I see. Hatian1, he says something to me then proceeds to follow me and my friends up to Rumba. I tell him go ask someone else for money, I'm here to enjoy MYSELF. We get to Rumba and we are hanging outside and I turn around and there is Hatian1 standing there looking at me. So I look back and said WHAT?!? So he walks off. At this point I'm irritated.

Me and my friends go into Rumba checking out the new scenery and one of my friends goes here he comes again. I turn around from the bar and Haitian1 is standing there with Hatian2. Now I'm gas-can-lit pissed off cause out of everyone in Sosua you brought to try to intimidate me you bring HIM? So the Presidente I had in my hand went from drinking stance to buss someone in the fuckin head stance. I say WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM STOP ASKING ME FOR MONEY AND GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME FROM ME BEGGIN ASS BUM...while holding the bottle in plain sight in case they didn't understand English. They give me this mean look and walk off.

Of course Rumba security shows up afterwards telling me that they are "mafioso" and try to steal and set people up and all that. Thanks for the heads up Kojak.

I'm a very cool and humble dude but I wanted to crack them 2 skulls so bad last week.
    I knew where I was and was well aware of the jail stories but if them 2 dirty fucks thought I was going to back down from them......I'm getting pissed off just typing this shit.

So the 2 guys I was with, who I met just the day before go...Dang what was that all about?

Next morning I see this guy I know that works with the police and told him about the night before and he said he knows who they are and "they will not bother me again". Instead of the police chasing the chicks away, they really need to get these bums off the street.

Just a Little Advice,
    I know It's a pain in the ass sometime dealing with some of the street people
    but IT IS NOT Worth getting into the Problem that you will encounter
    if You Fuck someone up with a bottle or any weapon.
    You might want to read some of the Horror stories that other have gone thought for less.

Just Some Friendly Advice
    the saying use to be In the Dominican Republic there are NO PROBLEMS !

Happy Hunting

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to lr444 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,100 Times in 549 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    NOT a good idea to solicit the help of the DR policia...

If you didn't want to pay a hustler I am sure you don't want to pay the corrupt police in DR.

Best thing is to just walk away...don't make eye contact and pretend you don't understand...

Remember the Dominicans have

Click to see pic

Best thing to do is to stay in motion and get away as fast as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by lr444 View Post
    Just a Little Advice,
    I know It's a pain in the ass sometime dealing with some of the street people
    but IT IS NOT Worth getting into the Problem that you will encounter
    if You Fuck someone up with a bottle or any weapon.
    You might want to read some of the Horror stories that other have gone thought for less.

Just Some Friendly Advice
    the saying use to be In the Dominican Republic there are NO PROBLEMS !

Happy Hunting

Two of the best pieces of advice you can get , I know sometimes its hard to control ones emotions or bite ones tongue but , is one of those people worth a trip to jail and the hassle involved and the ruining of your vacation ? NO. they talk shots at every estranjero (tourist) , just ignore them and they will move on , also the politur aren't much better if they decide to get involved you will be paying off one of there so called "lawyers" after spending some time in the sosua hilton. be cool , focus on the reason you are there , Chicas and fun !!!!
    You can't shake a hooker tree and expect housewives to fall out !!!!!

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gulfmariner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    Is that my friend Henry you are talking about. Lol he's harmless..
    Henry doesn't really strike me as a 'follow dudes to the bar and stare them down' kinda guy.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post
    Henry doesn't really strike me as a 'follow dudes to the bar and stare them down' kinda guy.
    Not really, but he can be a little pushy if he's already had one or two or..........

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
    Na that guy is cool. He just wants you to buy him a beer every now and then.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ebl1702399 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,164 Times in 5,857 Posts

As for 'Henry', is it a meth mouth guy? Won't trust him to beat the dust off the carpet.

BTW some of these hustlers do peddle unripe papaya

Also, I don't buy into an idea that 'gringo' is everyone non Dominican. I asked for police assistance couple of times, very polite without being a jingo. Cost me nothing and kept annoyance away fast.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thread Information