Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BC OR SD

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 377 Posts

BC OR SD

hi
    in august when i have 6 weeks in dr and negril i will have to fly from sd to go to montego bay
    i just wanted to ask that when i leave sosua i will stay for 3 nights in either bc or sd before i fly to jamaica which place would b better for chicas and nightlife?
    i have read up on it but cant make up my mind
    just wanted some advice which place has the better bars as i love to drink lol.
    also which is cheaper but if the better place is the dearer one thats ok i will go there
    cheers EB

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: BC OR SD

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    hi
    in august when i have 6 weeks in dr and negril i will have to fly from sd to go to montego bay
    i just wanted to ask that when i leave sosua i will stay for 3 nights in either bc or sd before i fly to jamaica which place would b better for chicas and nightlife?
    i have read up on it but cant make up my mind
    just wanted some advice which place has the better bars as i love to drink lol.
    also which is cheaper but if the better place is the dearer one thats ok i will go there
    cheers EB
    There's over 3 million people in Santo Domingo (hint: there's only 2 million people on the entire island of Jamaica) so it is a major city with all the things that entails, night life, restaurants and Ho's for days and days and days.

Boca Chica is a little beach town, totally dependant upon tourism for its survival. There are more Ho's in Santo Domingo but you have to know where to find them. In Boca Chica nothing is hidden and if point and shoot is your thing then you will be better off there.

Also, cheap lodging in Santo Domingo starts at $55US a night. Cheap lodging in Bopca Chica starts at $25US a night although I'm more comfortable in the $45US+ accommodations which are numerous and offer ammenities like free breakfast, TV, AC, refrigerator, etc.

There is nowhere to swim in Santo Domingo that doesn't involve chlorine. Boca Chica is a beach town.

Santo Domingo is a 25 minute taxi ride from SDQ which costs $40. Boca Chica is a 5 minute taxi ride from SDQ which costs $20.

....up to you
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    There's over 3 million people in Santo Domingo (hint: there's only 2 million people on the entire island of Jamaica) so it is a major city with all the things that entails, night life, restaurants and Ho's for days and days and days.

Boca Chica is a little beach town, totally dependant upon tourism for its survival. There are more Ho's in Santo Domingo but you have to know where to find them. In Boca Chica nothing is hidden and if point and shoot is your thing then you will be better off there.

Also, cheap lodging in Santo Domingo starts at $55US a night. Cheap lodging in Bopca Chica starts at $25US a night although I'm more comfortable in the $45US+ accommodations which are numerous and offer ammenities like free breakfast, TV, AC, refrigerator, etc.

There is nowhere to swim in Santo Domingo that doesn't involve chlorine. Boca Chica is a beach town.

Santo Domingo is a 25 minute taxi ride from SDQ which costs $40. Boca Chica is a 5 minute taxi ride from SDQ which costs $20.

....up to you
    Or you can take the gua gua for 75 pesos, but I have no idea how to stop the fucker, or which way it goes from my only experience

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks mate
    i think bc would be more up my street as its smaller and i am not really a city person
    so the madejra hotel would b a good hotel near the action and beach yea?
    cheers EB

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    thanks mate
    i think bc would be more up my street as its smaller and i am not really a city person
    so the madejra hotel would b a good hotel near the action and beach yea?
    cheers EB
    Right in the middle of the action, 1.5 blocks from the beach.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

You really don't have to choose. It's really easy to do both. I did both on my very first trip to the DR.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

What's best for Chica's and nightlife? Hands down it is SD as it is larger, more women and much more things to do. Really though it is up to you and what you want to do. If you want a beach, BC. If you want ease, BC since in that small area you'll find chica's and a few things to do. If you do your research though you'll find there's much more to do and be had in SD. Oh and yes, they are close enough to do both. Spend a couple of nights in the capital and then ride on over to BC for a night or vice versa.
    trEPP33

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Right in the middle of the action, 1.5 blocks from the beach.
    Actually the Madajera(sp?) hotel is right across a small street, more like an alley, cross it and you will be on the beach.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks for all the info guys
    i might pop down to bc in march for the weekend with vp just to try it out b4 august
    is there a website for madejra hotel i cant find one?
    i see the pics on a trip report and i like the room with all the mirrows lol but i am not sure what type of room that is
    if i can get a number i will call them and ask
    thanks for all the help
    EB

18. The Following User Says Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

....up to you
    i cannot remember when taxis cost only 20 Us and i have been coming here for over 16 years ( the first couple
    Of years yes)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ritteach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ritteach View Post
    i cannot remember when taxis cost only 20 Us and i have been coming here for over 16 years ( the first couple
    Of years yes)
    I think he is only talking how much it cost from the airport to the capital, and how much and how long a trip it is from the airport to boca.

You can still get a taxi ride from the airport to boca for $20 US, probably got to shop around a bit, and do some negotiating, but yeah you can do it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I think he is only talking how much it cost from the airport to the capital, and how much and how long a trip it is from the airport to boca.

You can still get a taxi ride from the airport to boca for $20 US, probably got to shop around a bit, and do some negotiating, but yeah you can do it.
    25 Us yes ,20 extremley difficult, avg now 30

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Of years yes)
    I hold up a $20 bill and say "Boca Chica". I have never not gotten a ride. Maybe you should choose a new method. Same with Santo Domingo, I'll offer 1200RD and wait until somebody takes it. Never failed me yet.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

25 Us yes ,20 extremley difficult, avg now 30
    Don't ask them how much. Tell them how much.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hold up a $20 bill and say "Boca Chica". I have never not gotten a ride. Maybe you should choose a new method. Same with Santo Domingo, I'll offer 1200RD and wait until somebody takes it. Never failed me yet.
    Good for you ,(dont assume I ask)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Now, now, Grey.... be honest. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more to find one.

I've heard urban legends about guys waiting over a MINUTE to find one.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

All the cabs were saying 30, after talking to some dude who looked like a supervisor, they said 25, after about 10 minutes I realized I have been standing outside lugging my luggage around over $5 and just paid the $25

The bigger problem I have, is if it is $40 to Santo Domingo, $30 to Boca Chica doesn't proportionally add up. I mean hauling ass to Santo DOmingo to the Jaragua must take about 30 minutes no? Its gotta be less then 10 minutes to Boca

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Now, now, Grey.... be honest. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds or more to find one.

I've heard urban legends about guys waiting over a MINUTE to find one.
    Bro, didn't you tell these guys about the ole "go to arrivals and catch one unloading" routine? Nobody wants to dead head back into town, the shit just doesn't make sense. Some money is better than no money.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BorisDaBulletDodger View Post
    All the cabs were saying 30, after talking to some dude who looked like a supervisor, they said 25, after about 10 minutes I realized I have been standing outside lugging my luggage around over $5 and just paid the $25

The bigger problem I have, is if it is $40 to Santo Domingo, $30 to Boca Chica doesn't proportionally add up. I mean hauling ass to Santo DOmingo to the Jaragua must take about 30 minutes no? Its gotta be less then 10 minutes to Boca
    Exactly. Thus the $20 offer, I don't haul luggage around. I stand at the curb and make my offer of $20 to the guys who run up to me while enjoying a satisfying smoke. It's like fishing. Guys who can'y master the taxi game don't have a prayer against the Ho's.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good for you ,(dont assume I ask)
    I'm assuming that you walk up to the guy with the yellow shirt and the clipboard and let him read the price to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information