35 33.65%
  • 60-69

10 9.62%
  • 70-79

4 3.85%
  • 80 or more

1 0.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02/2013 - Festy turns 50 at the beach.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Pictures 02/2013 - Festy turns 50 at the beach.

My 50th is on Feb 23rd. Will probably spend the afternoon at/near Big D's BBQ on the beach. Stop by and say hello if you are in Sosua on that day. Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Festy turns 50 at the beach.

SosuaCutie1.jpg

I like the way presents are wrapped in Sosua.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Festy View Post
    My 50th is on Feb 23rd. Will probably spend the afternoon at/near Big D's BBQ on the beach. Stop by and say hello if you are in Sosua on that day. Cheers.
    I'll be sure to drop by.

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JackJohnson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Congrats on approaching the half century mark!

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Happy birthday Festy. I wish I could join you. I won't be making it back to Sosua until the first week of April. If your around then the first one is on me.....hell the first two are on me.
    Last edited by Firedude; 02-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Firedude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Congrats on approaching the half century mark!
    Like WSJ3 said to me, there are MORE yesterdays than tomorrows. At least I sandwiched it between my Boca and Medellin trips.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

I'll definitely stop by, Festy, if I remember ... memory can be a problem for an old geezer of fifty-nine.

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ... I didn't get into sailing till after I was fifty. (Likewise with mongering.) And I didn't get into the life of leisure I now live as a retired old fart until after my fifty-fifth birthday.

Never married, no children, and every bit of my pension (after taxes) is under my exclusive control ... Schweeeeeet.

(On the other hand, there are the twice-a-week visits to Dear Auntie, in Alzheimer's care. Oh well.)
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I'll definitely stop by, Festy, if I remember ... memory can be a problem for an old geezer of fifty-nine.

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ... I didn't get into sailing till after I was fifty. (Likewise with mongering.) And I didn't get into the life of leisure I now live as a retired old fart until after my fifty-fifth birthday.

Never married, no children, and every bit of my pension (after taxes) is under my exclusive control ... Schweeeeeet.

(On the other hand, there are the twice-a-week visits to Dear Auntie, in Alzheimer's care. Oh well.)
    Well since you didn't start this path at age 24, you don't know what you missed.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Well since you didn't start this path at age 24, you don't know what you missed.
    Jeezus Christ on a rubber cross, I should say I don't!

Let's see ... at 24, I was going on-and-off with a girl aged 28, who had 'given it up' to me but who was striving to persuade herself that she would still be a virgin if she disavowed the act. She was still living with her parents ... I was somewhere in the process between 'living with my mother' and 'my mother is living with me' (because in the latter case I was paying more than Mom was) ...

Jeezy-peezy, when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jeezy-peezy, when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.
    Is that worth joining? Do they have a monger rate?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Let's see ... at 24, I was going on-and-off with a girl aged 28, who had 'given it up' to me but who was striving to persuade herself that she would still be a virgin if she disavowed the act. She was still living with her parents ... I was somewhere in the process between 'living with my mother' and 'my mother is living with me' (because in the latter case I was paying more than Mom was) ...

It was January 1990 and a man handed me a card for cheap suites which was located on a second floor. I knew it was something else and it was, a chica house. Well in 1990 there were dozens just on Roosevelt Avenue alone in Queens.

There were Colombians and Dominicans. There were flaccas and everything else. Some casas had 18 -20 chicas. It was $21 for 15 minutes.

I went everyday and twice on Friday and Saturday from 1990-1993.

Then it was the streetwalkers. BJs were $20 and I was out every night.

A dick that recharged for 2 or 3 sessions a day everyday is "LONG" gone.

There was never a day where I didn't have $21.

24. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My 57 year old co worker will have two boys going to college starting next September.

Its more like SCHWEEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Seņor JDR, I wouldn't say 'the best is behind us' after fifty. In my case, the best was yet to come ...
    Don't get me wrong, the final act will be great. Now I can walk into HR and ask for 3 months off and they will say, sure, knock yourself out.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

WR Gold and myself will be having both our 50th birthdays in Medellin during April.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jeezus Christ on a rubber cross ... when I look at my own past, I was SO fucked-up! It explains why I'm still so fucked-up as an AARP-eligible seasoned citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Is that worth joining? Do they have a monger rate?
    Fuck no to both. I said AARP-eligible.
    Paid membership here is worth more to me than being a card-carrying old fart.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I turned 30 on Fat Tuesday in Rio for Carnaval with a fiesta at the Red/Black Ball. Stayed on Copacabana beach. Nuf said.

I turned 40 in Cienfuegos, Cuba in 2003...several of us landed there in the late 90's when Varadero, Guanabo and Havana were under siege by the Black Baret "Special" Police and snaggin the chicas. Owner of the casa I stayed at drove his small motorcycle out into the country about 40km at 5am to get a live, baby goat...strapped to his handlebars to bring back for the party. His wife prepared the goat stew in a large cast-iron, granny clampet kettle in the back yard. awesome fiesta.

Now turning 50 and looking forward being surround by bikini beach bunnies, beer and bbq. Maybe a nap...

Thanks

I turned 30 on Fat Tuesday in Rio for Carnaval with a fiesta at the Red/Black Ball. Stayed on Copacabana beach. Nuf said.

I turned 40 in Cienfuegos, Cuba in 2003...several of us landed there in the late 90's when Varadero, Guanabo and Havana were under siege by the Black Baret "Special" Police and snaggin the chicas. Owner of the casa I stayed at drove his small motorcycle out into the country about 40km at 5am to get a live, baby goat...strapped to his handlebars to bring back for the party. His wife prepared the goat stew in a large cast-iron, granny clampet kettle in the back yard. awesome fiesta.

Now turning 50 and looking forward being surround by bikini beach bunnies, beer and bbq. Maybe a nap...
    I wanted to spend my Big Five-O at Kitty Hawk NC - the centennial of flight. (Yeah, the same day.) But no ... the guy who was going to get me a place to stay, let it slide; and I ended up at work (teaching something aviation-related; if I told you, I'd have to kill you.)

After reading the PSRiches and WSJ3 Philippines thread, and of course Robert13213's Asian adventure, I'm starting to think South East Asia for my big Six-Oh. But dayamm - Philippines or Thailand? Angeles or Pattaya? Decisions, decisions ... Maybe I oughta just do both?

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

I wanted to spend my Big Five-O at Kitty Hawk NC - the centennial of flight. (Yeah, the same day.) But no ... the guy who was going to get me a place to stay, let it slide; and I ended up at work (teaching something aviation-related; if I told you, I'd have to kill you.)

After reading the PSRiches and WSJ3 Philippines thread, and of course Robert13213's Asian adventure, I'm starting to think South East Asia for my big Six-Oh. But dayamm - Philippines or Thailand? Angeles or Pattaya? Decisions, decisions ... Maybe I oughta just do both?
    We may need a poll? I suggest you do both.

37. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information