Clap Re: City Lights update

City Lights has closed= good riddance !

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: City Lights update

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    City Lights has closed= good riddance !
    I hope the restaurant attached is still open. Enclosed with ac and 150$ plato del dia. Plus food was good!!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Rolleyes Re: City Lights update

I'm not at all surprised that this place closed and I'm getting a little satisfaction that it happened so quickly. This is the same place that wanted, and got since I need no drama in my DR life, 200 pesos for a fucking water.

They're closed because they were stupid/arrogant, had no viable business plan and were unable to adapt.

Just my totaly biased opinion of course but they treated the group I was with like shit and IMO deserved to fail and quickly.

Karma RULZ!
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I hope the restaurant attached is still open. Enclosed with ac and 150$ plato del dia. Plus food was good!!
    they had an enclosed restaurant with ac?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    they had an enclosed restaurant with ac?
    On the right hand side under the apartments/rooms. At one point there was also a small colmado and IIRC a internet place as well.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,303 Times in 1,242 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    I'm not at all surprised that this place closed and I'm getting a little satisfaction that it happened so quickly. This is the same place that wanted, and got since I need no drama in my DR life, 200 pesos for a fucking water.

They're closed because they were stupid/arrogant, had no viable business plan and were unable to adapt.

Just my totaly biased opinion of course but they treated the group I was with like shit and IMO deserved to fail and quickly.

Karma RULZ!
    How do you really feel Siochana? LOL!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to No Worries For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I had never gone in there because they had guys hanging out at the street entrance trying to hustle guys in there and when I looked in there were no chicas I could see and it looked empty. I had a friend tell me that the owner was usually out of the country and he had a former police officer as a manager who acted like a know-it-all. It seems the former police officer manager had a real pushy attitude and insisted he tell his life story to everyone and demand respect and all kinds of arrogant behavior. Also, the manager was not there that much and left his employees there without a lot of direction... At least that is what I heard. So, arrogant manager and absentee owner...

Looking in from the street, the place does look nice and if I could have just walked in for a beer once in a while without hassle, cover and the beer was reasonably priced...I might have. I like bars where you can walk in and out easily, beers are competitively priced, there are chicas that are welcome to hang out and view and there are TV's hanging from the ceiling so you can watch a sporting event or music video... I am happy with most bars in city central...

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Just a sidenote & a little Plug
    That new Convenience Mercado right there between Shark Bar and City Lights , they sell beer,Red Bull ,Gatorade etc erc.. Its small but Stocked to the gills, and prices are Really good.. They speak English, I think they are NY Dominicans. I was trying to talk to him in Spanish and he answers in fluent English, LOL
    The Place is really clean and a pleasure to shop in esp since they open til very late, but not sure of the hours.
    I think Gutter meat found it first when it opened and posted about it.
    But its worth mentioning again, you can really save some money on drinks there late at night, if you want to walk back and forth, or at least get your first Grande of the night, or to make a big Mixed Drink. Im 99 % sure they have Hard Liquor , but I didnt really look past the beer cooler, very cold beers btw.
    Its also kind of amuzing cause you have City Lights with the HIGHEST prices on the strip, and right next door, you got this Mercado with the Lowest prices on the strip..
    Not 100% sure but a couple of people told me they are open till about 2am.. Good place to buy some beers if you are going back to the room with or without a chica and need some late night liqs for the room/fridge... I passed by once late and got a few beers... Seacrets/Shity Lights could do a killing if it was ran the correct way... I know a few guys are saying the good DJ and good music, but if there are hot pieces of ass in there that you don't see on the strip and decent price drinks, you will have business... If Peter can run a spot totally away from the action, where you need a moto late at night or in for a nice sized half drunk walk and still do great business, then a strict manager with good sense can run it right in the middle of the action... Keep in mind you need power and connections.... You can't run a whorehouse, which is illegal to be a pimp in DR, and make good money, without the wrong people getting jealous and either shutting you down, getting a huge cut, or accidentally running you off the road down a mountain (accidentally of course) lol...
    If Peter can charge 130 pesos for presidente pequenas, 2500 for ST in the back with a chica or higher for TLN back at your room and have no problems getting it, it can be done... Dont forget though, Passions is owned by his wife, even though it's his money, his wife's name is on the business and she is in charge of all the girls... There is a fear factor that all of those girls have, and you need that if you are gonna run that type of business...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Not 100% sure but a couple of people told me they are open till about 2am.. Good place to buy some beers if you are going back to the room with or without a chica and need some late night liqs for the room/fridge... I passed by once late and got a few beers... Seacrets/Shity Lights could do a killing if it was ran the correct way... I know a few guys are saying the good DJ and good music, but if there are hot pieces of ass in there that you don't see on the strip and decent price drinks, you will have business... If Peter can run a spot totally away from the action, where you need a moto late at night or in for a nice sized half drunk walk and still do great business, then a strict manager with good sense can run it right in the middle of the action... Keep in mind you need power and connections.... You can't run a whorehouse, which is illegal to be a pimp in DR, and make good money, without the wrong people getting jealous and either shutting you down, getting a huge cut, or accidentally running you off the road down a mountain (accidentally of course) lol...
    If Peter can charge 130 pesos for presidente pequenas, 2500 for ST in the back with a chica or higher for TLN back at your room and have no problems getting it, it can be done... Dont forget though, Passions is owned by his wife, even though it's his money, his wife's name is on the business and she is in charge of all the girls... There is a fear factor that all of those girls have, and you need that if you are gonna run that type of business...
    Yes , they are 100% open til 2 am (I asked) and was there a couple times Shark Bar Lou was in Santo Domingo but I did catch him on thurs night & he was open ..
    he also said The Liquor store guys are very much liked in that spot,and run a nice store, they are not from NY as I had thought ,but speak english & are very friendly and the store is brightly lit , and yes they have hard liquor there and of course the cold beer etc. There is also a Hamburger cart guy there now and couple guys really seemed to like the Burgers he was making. So, a Good late night snack spot as well, imo. Can't beat that.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I had never gone in there because they had guys hanging out at the street entrance trying to hustle guys in there and when I looked in there were no chicas I could see and it looked empty. I had a friend tell me that the owner was usually out of the country and he had a former police officer as a manager who acted like a know-it-all. It seems the former police officer manager had a real pushy attitude and insisted he tell his life story to everyone and demand respect and all kinds of arrogant behavior. Also, the manager was not there that much and left his employees there without a lot of direction... At least that is what I heard. So, arrogant manager and absentee owner...

Looking in from the street, the place does look nice and if I could have just walked in for a beer once in a while without hassle, cover and the beer was reasonably priced...I might have. I like bars where you can walk in and out easily, beers are competitively priced, there are chicas that are welcome to hang out and view and there are TV's hanging from the ceiling so you can watch a sporting event or music video... I am happy with most bars in city central...

I walked by there on several occasions this past visit. Your thoughts are on point ohmmmm. I didn't give it a second glance after the first take.

Somebody said this once......."next!"

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

The place has everything except good management and hot chicas.

22. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

28. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

They might be better off kicking the chicas out of the rooms and making it a hotel...

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,309 Times in 3,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    They might be better off kicking the chicas out of the rooms and making it a hotel...
    When I talked to management in December, they claimed they were working on hotel rooms, not sure if they ever completed it and if IIRC there was about 16 rooms. You could probabaly build another 4 rooms that they were using as fuck rooms above the bar, and perhaps build a new wing around the stage area, combine that with a new restaurant, with existing bar, you got yourself a nice mini resort.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BorisDaBulletDodger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

From Sosua news...

DISCO CITY LIGHTS UNFORTUNATELY CLOSED

The completely redesigned bar and nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) in the main street Pedro Clisante has been closed since 2 weeks. Since the opening in December there didn't come as much visitors as expected. The management started with music evenings and invited reasonably known bands to perform at the disco.
    City Lights
    City Lights
    The first band was Fefita la Grande, a nationally renowned and famous tipico band. With this change of policy the management hoped to attract more Dominican visitors. The number of visitors for this musical event, unfortunately wasn't as big as they expected. This is very unfortunate because in Sosúa, besides El Flow, there is little opportunity to enjoy real Dominican music. Years ago there was the Car Wash every month a famous merengue or bachata band performed. We thought these good times would return with the City Lights' new policy.
    And now we can only hope that City Lights gets anothe

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

From Sosua news...............Re opening of City lights........

Tonight, the completely renovated bar / nightclub City Lights re-opens. The bar / nightclub is passed into other hands and the new owners have spared no effort to give the bar a modern appearance. The bar is located on the left side of establishment. In the far back is a stage constructed where artists will perform. The furniture has been completely remodeled and looks really nice.

About the drink prices, we also have good news. The small Presidente beers at 80 pesos and the large beers at 100 pesos. The nightclub in the back of the establishment will only be open during peak season and special events. The intention is that a nationally known music band will perform frequently.
    The bar / nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) is located in the main street Pedro Clisante # 6

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Universal closed already? Damn, they were just finishing construction in December I think.

I think we should put some pesos together and open a spot right next to the airport that has chicas and overnight capacity. The weekend warriors that want to save on taxi fare, the Blackbeards guys that want to make weekend warrior visits, and the newbie/AI tourists that feel it's the best way to 'play it safe'. Guys could come off the plane, tip the band and check in. After getting their weekend romantic cardio, they can walk their ass back over to check in for their flights. We make pesos.
    The area around the airport lacks the charm/ambiance of sosua or cabarete or Puerto Plata and with Viator you can get roundtrip transportation from the airport to any of the three aforementioned locations for about 26 dollars-yes that is for roundtrip so with it being so reasonable who would want to stick around the noisy airport area.

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to praguealchemist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    From Sosua news...............Re opening of City lights........

Tonight, the completely renovated bar / nightclub City Lights re-opens. The bar / nightclub is passed into other hands and the new owners have spared no effort to give the bar a modern appearance. The bar is located on the left side of establishment. In the far back is a stage constructed where artists will perform. The furniture has been completely remodeled and looks really nice.

About the drink prices, we also have good news. The small Presidente beers at 80 pesos and the large beers at 100 pesos. The nightclub in the back of the establishment will only be open during peak season and special events. The intention is that a nationally known music band will perform frequently.
    The bar / nightclub City Lights (formerly Seacrets) is located in the main street Pedro Clisante # 6

Nice

Hopefully there will be good music and a place for the chicas to shake their thing when the nightclub area is not open.
    I am guessing it won't be to packed but who knows. D'Latin was pretty much dead when it opened last summer and look at it now.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information