Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    one last thing as now its between madejra or calypso unless davemaryland says how good castello is
    madejra 45 a night 1 minute to action no pool
    calypso 40 a night 5 mins to action nice big pool and breakfast included not that i will ever b up in time for it lol
    which one u think?
    thanks again for everyones help
    EB
    That will be up to you. I've stayed at both (and several others). The Madejra is right in the middle of the action which means that your comings and goings will be noticed and you will find yourself bumping into the regular street crowd whether you want to or not. (Dammit! Still can't space using 'enter' key!) The Calypso is directly across the street from one casa and a block and a half from another with a nice colmado situated right in between. Because of the bus stop there are many moto guys right across the street from the hotel to whiz you to and fro and you might be more comfortable bringing Chicas in and out of your place without being on Front Street about it. It really all depends on how you like to roll, personally I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    That will be up to you. I've stayed at both (and several others). The Madejra is right in the middle of the action which means that your comings and goings will be noticed and you will find yourself bumping into the regular street crowd whether you want to or not. (Dammit! Still can't space using 'enter' key!) The Calypso is directly across the street from one casa and a block and a half from another with a nice colmado situated right in between. Because of the bus stop there are many moto guys right across the street from the hotel to whiz you to and fro and you might be more comfortable bringing Chicas in and out of your place without being on Front Street about it. It really all depends on how you like to roll, personally I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).
    Grey ..you remmber when yahow said I think it was guttermeat got real good rates there. Ever look into how to get low rates there? Thnking of staying there if I could get deal.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    I like a modicum of privacy which is why I prefer "The Palace" (Villa Florencia).
    where on the map would ""The Palace" be located?

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Grey ..you remmber when yahow said I think it was guttermeat got real good rates there. Ever look into how to get low rates there? Thnking of staying there if I could get deal.
    I've worked with both rental agencies there (one is Italian, the other Dominican) and I couldn't get the 1BR rate below $100/ day for a short stay but on the Dominican side they offered a monthly rate of $1,800 which I thought was more than worth it. Only problem is I can't leave for a month and if I could, I'd be having that conversation with an Indian Ocean property in Mtwapa or Dar Es Salaam. The time of year also has a lot to do with the price. I'll bet we could get in well below the century mark in September. At $150 for the 2BR the place is a great deal for road dogs who understand both the science and the art of the hobby.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    where on the map would ""The Palace" be located?
    It's catty-corner from the Candy Shop and Calypso. Walking to the Calypso from El Batey you have to walk past it. http://villaflorencia.net/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 377 Posts

Thanks for all the help
    now got replies from castello 35 a night and el caucho 40 a night
    suppose I will have to make my mind up lol
    hunter will u b around again august September would b great to hang out again watch u perv at all the chicas lol

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    Thanks for all the help
    now got replies from castello 35 a night and el caucho 40 a night
    suppose I will have to make my mind up lol
    hunter will u b around again august September would b great to hang out again watch u perv at all the chicas lol
    Not sure yet on my late august trip....will let you know mate.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Not sure yet on my late august trip....will let you know mate.
    Cheers mate hope so

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

Essexboy - Maretti ( the only other BM here ) and me checked out the Castello and Calypso for you today. Have pics from both. Could post for you if needed, but I am on vacation now. We both like the Calypso and Maretti is thinking about moving for his last two nights. The Asst Manager said $45.00 a night for a 1 bed room unit. Posted at $48 AND Doble at 65. Airport pick up at $20 during the day. Should be a nice place to sleep during the day. Pool looked good and not far to walk at all. One small microwave down stairs you can use. Parking in front. Key safe.

Here at the Madejra is a great spot. Right at the action and beach. But noisy as shit. The street noise comes right through the walls. Trash truck comes early in the morning. Even the chica bitch. Guess that's my only big problem. Need a padlock for safe.

Next time it looks like the Calypso for me.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davemaryland View Post
    Essexboy - Maretti ( the only other BM here ) and me checked out the Castello and Calypso for you today. Have pics from both. Could post for you if needed, but I am on vacation now. We both like the Calypso and Maretti is thinking about moving for his last two nights. The Asst Manager said $45.00 a night for a 1 bed room unit. Posted at $48 AND Doble at 65. Airport pick up at $20 during the day. Should be a nice place to sleep during the day. Pool looked good and not far to walk at all. One small microwave down stairs you can use. Parking in front. Key safe.

Here at the Madejra is a great spot. Right at the action and beach. But noisy as shit. The street noise comes right through the walls. Trash truck comes early in the morning. Even the chica bitch. Guess that's my only big problem. Need a padlock for safe.

Next time it looks like the Calypso for me.
    thanks so much for doing that dave
    so if calypso is walking distance i will stay there as i like me sleep lol
    thanks again EB

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information