Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

Thanks
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 377 Posts

MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

hi
    i am going to bc on august 16 for between 7 and 10 nights
    jdr advised me to book the garant hotel but i called them up and they said i cant smoke in the room so that place is out of the window for me now.
    i want to be close to the strip as its my 1st time but like a nice room also but as i am in dr for 6 weeks i dont want to pay more than 45 a night if i can help it.
    i have now got condosdominicano in sosua for 462 dollars for 33 nights so if i have to pay a bit more in bc it will b ok.
    just wanted to know which of the 2 hotels u would advise me to stay in?
    also if i only stay in bc for 7 nights i will go to sd for 3 nights
    i have found the site for aparta hotel roma but cant see one for their new one one roma2?
    cheers EB

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: MADEJRA OR CASTELLO

MADEJRA is the ticket........

if you can get a rate like what these guys are getting these days mi would go for it........
    Madejra is literally steps from the beach and not many steps from all the action.......
    years ago the Madejra was more than it is today so it's a bargain these days........
    years ago the Europa was the place to stay......not anymore.......

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

cheers mate
    yea madejra and castello are 45 a night and also been looking at mozart hotel which is 30 a night
    castello and mozart both have a bar disco in them which could come in handy for the chicas
    i will have a think and decide which one
    cheers EB

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by essexboy View Post
    cheers mate
    yea madejra and castello are 45 a night and also been looking at mozart hotel which is 30 a night
    castello and mozart both have a bar disco in them which could come in handy for the chicas
    i will have a think and decide which one
    cheers EB
    Handy how? So many bars and restaurants all over the place. Just don't smoke in your room?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Handy how? So many bars and restaurants all over the place. Just don't smoke in your room?
    i am very lazy jimmy and i spend a lot of my time in the room in the daytime and am a heavy smoker so i must have a room i can smoke in and watch tv
    i am more a nightife person not getting in till 4 am most nights so daytime i like to chill out in room

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi
    i am going to bc on august 16 for between 7 and 10 nights
    jdr advised me to book the garant hotel but i called them up and they said i cant smoke in the room so that place is out of the window for me now.
    i want to be close to the strip as its my 1st time but like a nice room also but as i am in dr for 6 weeks i dont want to pay more than 45 a night if i can help it.
    i have now got condosdominicano in sosua for 462 dollars for 33 nights so if i have to pay a bit more in bc it will b ok.
    just wanted to know which of the 2 hotels u would advise me to stay in?
    also if i only stay in bc for 7 nights i will go to sd for 3 nights
    i have found the site for aparta hotel roma but cant see one for their new one one roma2?
    cheers EB
    must be a new smoking policy. it was ok to smoke in yuor room in january.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to buckminster For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

i am very lazy jimmy and i spend a lot of my time in the room in the daytime and am a heavy smoker so i must have a room i can smoke in and watch tv
    i am more a nightife person not getting in till 4 am most nights so daytime i like to chill out in room
    The Calypso it 2 blocks from the strip on 20 Deciembre and is across the street from the "Candy Shop". It's Chica and smoker friendly and all rooms have balconies so you can spend your days smoking on the balcony while watching the Ho's hanging their clothes to dry on the roof of the Candy Sop lines in their thongs. $45 a night. I would suggest that you do what I did when learning my way around Boca Chica. I booked a room for the 1st night and did a moto tour around town the next day to look at the accommodations and speak with management about price v. length of stay. You will find discounts this way and ensure your level of comfort with the property.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that right next to the Calypso is the bus stop where Chicas come and go from the campos and the Capital. In a single 2 block walk from El Batey to the Calypso I received 2 dozen offers from Chicas who were coming from or going to that bus stop.

17. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks mate i will have a look at it

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that right next to the Calypso is the bus stop where Chicas come and go from the campos and the Capital. In a single 2 block walk from El Batey to the Calypso I received 2 dozen offers from Chicas who were coming from or going to that bus stop.
    do you know the website for it cant find one?
    cheers

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,740 Times in 511 Posts

I am on ground zero right now. At the Madejra. For 5 nights. I had a room booked on the 4th floor ( 404 ) next to Skynyrd. For $50 a night. With a balcony and large room. They bump me and moved me to a smaller room on the 2 floor. Still with a good ocean and street view from the balcony. For $45.00 Not all the rooms have a balcony. I would try and get a room on the 4th floor. Like Skynyrd told me for only $5 more. But they could bump you too. I was told they booked it for a whole month. I will try and check out the Castello for you.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to davemaryland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

do you know the website for it cant find one?
    cheers
    http://calypsobeachhotel.com/fotosEN.html

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

here is the website for Boca Chica.......just warn you it's the same as it was back in 2002......lol....surprise it's still up
    so don't go by the room rates.......though they were the same in 2006........but doubt it if they are even close anymore
    the site does have phone numbers, email addy's and websites too........

http://bocachicabeach.net/

it has maps so you know where things are etc....... a lot of places aren't probably there anymore........
    but you get a general idea where the hotels are located......those haven't changed that much.......

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davemaryland View Post
    I am on ground zero right now. At the Madejra. For 5 nights. I had a room booked on the 4th floor ( 404 ) next to Skynyrd. For $50 a night. With a balcony and large room. They bump me and moved me to a smaller room on the 2 floor. Still with a good ocean and street view from the balcony. For $45.00 Not all the rooms have a balcony. I would try and get a room on the 4th floor. Like Skynyrd told me for only $5 more. But they could bump you too. I was told they booked it for a whole month. I will try and check out the Castello for you.
    thanks so much mate that would be great
    in madejra he has me booked in room 203 but there are no photos so i wont know wats its like till i get there
    cheers EB

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

thanks so much seaweed and greydread for your help

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Essesxboy, as an aside to what greydread wrote, I also stayed at the Calypso in March of last year for my virgin BC visit. El Toro was staying there too. The rooms are good sized, a large pool, ac and ceiling fan, decent bath, balcony (mine was in front so I overlooked the street below), a short walk to the main drag, overall a very convenient place in relation to why you are there.

I recall the safe being a key safe rather than digital one, and paid $45 per night. With you being there in August, I would think that you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate, maybe $35-40, as I would think there would be plenty of vacant rooms then.

Just a word about Condos Dominicanos. I stayed there last year as well, in September. Dave Maryland was also there at the same time. I had a studio with no ac, a celing fan that didn't do a very good job of moving the air around. It was an absolute sweat box, even the chicas seemed uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had to move the bed to the middle of the floor right under the ceiling fan to get any sort of breeze. Since you say you like to spend a lot of time in the room during the day, you will be very uncomfortable I think doing that at CD. The pool is nice, just be sure to duck the bats nose diving toward you if taking a dip in the evening. There must be a ton of bat shit up underneath those roof tiles.

The best part is the location. Thats what first attracted me to staying there, along with a recommendation from a bm. But, had I to do it over again, especially that time of year, I would look elsewhere.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Essesxboy, as an aside to what greydread wrote, I also stayed at the Calypso in March of last year for my virgin BC visit. El Toro was staying there too. The rooms are good sized, a large pool, ac and ceiling fan, decent bath, balcony (mine was in front so I overlooked the street below), a short walk to the main drag, overall a very convenient place in relation to why you are there.

I recall the safe being a key safe rather than digital one, and paid $45 per night. With you being there in August, I would think that you might be able to negotiate a cheaper rate, maybe $35-40, as I would think there would be plenty of vacant rooms then.

Just a word about Condos Dominicanos. I stayed there last year as well, in September. Dave Maryland was also there at the same time. I had a studio with no ac, a celing fan that didn't do a very good job of moving the air around. It was an absolute sweat box, even the chicas seemed uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had to move the bed to the middle of the floor right under the ceiling fan to get any sort of breeze. Since you say you like to spend a lot of time in the room during the day, you will be very uncomfortable I think doing that at CD. The pool is nice, just be sure to duck the bats nose diving toward you if taking a dip in the evening. There must be a ton of bat shit up underneath those roof tiles.

The best part is the location. Thats what first attracted me to staying there, along with a recommendation from a bm. But, had I to do it over again, especially that time of year, I would look elsewhere.
    cheers mate
    calypso said 40 a night with breakfast
    in thailand i never use ac only the fan so when i stay in cd i hope it will b ok lol
    if after a couple of nights its no good i will have to move
    when i see u last august staying at the suites i never used the ac in there and it will b the same time of year so should b ok i hope lol
    see u on august 9 mate in sosua and then we got christmas together in pattaya
    enjoy mombasa 1st drinks on u lol

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

mi lived all winter without A/C and survived in paradise.....lol.....but winter is a likkle cooler than summer....not much though
    here mi need A/C in Florida.......but mi bet mi won't have it cranked like mi use too......
    you get use to the heat it after awhile.....usually a good fan does the trick if you need to cool off.......
    by going without A/C the hotels can charge you a lot less too........and landlords etc.......

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

one last thing as now its between madejra or calypso unless davemaryland says how good castello is
    madejra 45 a night 1 minute to action no pool
    calypso 40 a night 5 mins to action nice big pool and breakfast included not that i will ever b up in time for it lol
    which one u think?
    thanks again for everyones help
    EB

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to essexboy For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information