Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Omega el Fuerte in Sosua july 5th

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Re: Omega el Fuerte in Sosua july 5th

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    how much was the package price though. Personally I think they paid a shitload of money to travel on Spirit and stay at the Sosua Bay (Topacio Azul) hotel. <snicker>
    750 including airfare all inclusive hotel and entry into the parties

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 32,918 Times in 3,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I had more fun at the new Dominican Tipico down the street just past Passions.
    Wow, there maybe something in Sosua for me after all!!!!! Any more info????

I have fond memories of the Sosua Car Wash on the main hwy just out of town. Plenty of local talent available for dancing bachata, merengue and salsa. They had cute waitresses there sometimes that were available for take out if the local chicas didn't appeal to you. I miss the business model of the Dominican Tipico, shooting fish in a barrel on pedro has lost its appeal......
    Last edited by bailar; 07-07-2013 at 02:41 PM.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bailar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vegasvic7 View Post
    man that shit was horrible last night!!
    first off they were charging 1,000 pesos to get in. then i felt like i was in miami, l.a. or some shit. they were cherry picking who could get in the club. u had to know somebody to get in. i saw some locals getting pissed off and had to push they way through to get in. once i got in they were charging in dollars. i couldnt believe that shit!! i tried to pay in pesos and they told me that i had to pay in dollars. fuck outta here this is the dr not the fucking states. the nerves of them fucks!! then the dumb asses were dancing on tables and shit. there was not one player from the miami heat in there and i really doubt lebron is the d.r.
    all the dudes came with bitches from the states with them . nobody left with the hoes.
    the whole event was real disrespectful.
    i hope they dont do this shit every year. fuck that wack ass gay ass party!!
    Thanks for posting this. As a few of us have said it before, Sousa ain't the DR but I wouldn't believe that would go as far a making people pay in dollars.

Omega gave a performance at one of the clubs on Ave Venezuela back in April/May (what ever Dominican Holiday that was). I can't remember what the cover was but I know it wasn't 1000 pesos. JA JA JA.

Play-On, Play-On Sosua, you Big Ole PIMP!!!
    Last edited by DMV; 07-07-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bailar View Post
    Wow, there maybe something in Sosua for me after all!!!!! Any more info????

I have fond memories of the Sosua Car Wash on the main hwy just out of town. Plenty of local talent available for dancing bachata, merengue and salsa. They had cute waitresses there sometimes that were available for take out if the local chicas didn't appeal to you. I miss the business model of the Dominican Tipico, shooting fish in a barrel on pedro has lost its appeal......
    Rancho Tipico Sosua Bar Restaurant Grill

Seats: 70+
    Cuisine: Seafood, Dominican and International
    Average price: from RD150

Description: Rancho Tipico is a beautiful new courtyard full of tropical parasols and seating. The bar is placed in the middle of this “Party yard” in a large bungalow where there is plenty of shade and space for drinking, dining and dancing. The establishment is open from early morning till whenever the last party goer leaves. All meals will be cooked on a traditional Dominican stove and are on the menu. You will find both Dominican and International dishes, we specialize in grill and seafood.

Come and enjoy a variety of music and live performances!

The grand opening ceremony was on Saturday, June 8th, 2013.

Address:

Calle Pedro Clisante, Sosua
    (nest to bar “Passions”)

Rancho-Tipico-150x150.jpgRancho-Tipico-sosua-restaurant-bar-grill-1-150x150.jpgRancho-Tipico-sosua-restaurant-bar-grill-2-150x150.jpg

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,894 Times in 1,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hugrad95a View Post
    750 including airfare all inclusive hotel and entry into the parties
    I was expecting WAY more then that. Fuck, that is just airfare from Canada......
    "You're only as old as the woman you feel" Groucho Marx

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to drdreamer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drdreamer View Post
    I was expecting WAY more then that. Fuck, that is just airfare from Canada......
    it is usually cheaper to fly on an all inclusive package that to do flight only to the dr because of our taxes..... pretty ridiculous eh
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Description: Rancho Tipico is a beautiful new courtyard full of tropical parasols and seating. The bar is placed in the middle of this “Party yard” in a large bungalow where there is plenty of shade and space for drinking, dining and dancing. The establishment is open from early morning till whenever the last party goer leaves. All meals will be cooked on a traditional Dominican stove and are on the menu. You will find both Dominican and International dishes, we specialize in grill and seafood.

Address:

(nest to bar “Passions”)

Rancho-Tipico-150x150.jpgRancho-Tipico-sosua-restaurant-bar-grill-1-150x150.jpgRancho-Tipico-sosua-restaurant-bar-grill-2-150x150.jpg
    those who want to try the place Better hurry up. The first gringo owner who owned 50% (other half is dominican owned) already lost all his money in only 1 month of activities and going back to the states this week. this guy came to the dr twice on vacation and built or bought half of this place, not sure. Another gringo took over his part last friday. The kitchen is suppose to start next week, most of the restaurant stuff was bought from La Roka. Not sure this place's gonna last very long. the day bartender hardly makes 100 pesos propina a day. Oh and by the way, she wants a Samsung galaxy 4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,114 Times in 118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michel3275 View Post
    those who want to try the place Better hurry up. The first gringo owner who owned 50% (other half is dominican owned) already lost all his money in only 1 month of activities and going back to the states this week. this guy came to the dr twice on vacation and built or bought half of this place, not sure. Another gringo took over his part last friday. The kitchen is suppose to start next week, most of the restaurant stuff was bought from La Roka. Not sure this place's gonna last very long. the day bartender hardly makes 100 pesos propina a day. Oh and by the way, she wants a Samsung galaxy 4
    Don't they all?

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Majicman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majicman View Post
    Don't they all?
    Stop being so fucking absurd.. A lot of them would be perfectly happy with a new BB Z10..
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,102 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majicman View Post
    Don't they all?
    i want one, but its the price of a plane ticket. Some decisions are easier to make than others

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to michel3275 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 172 Posts

Um,

Looking at pics from the event...it does not seem as bad as some are saying. Except for the fact of the line outside getting in & having to pay in dollars, I see nothing but dominicans in there along with the group from the beach fest package. See nothing but familiar faces that line D'latin on a nightly basis. 1000 pesos is nothing to what some of his events cost in the states...sometimes $50 entry & $15 drinks. It seems this event was mainly for that group as advertised on the website (like a spring break weekend) & in the pics so it was not for the locals even though many locals were there...just dressed up in disguise

I was not there, so I cant really judge...but from the outside looking in, it does not seem that big of a deal for a one time event.
    It's always happy hour somewhere in the world...

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to theheights718 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    How do you know it was a profitable venture?
    The club was full of people buying overpriced drinks in addition to whomever paid those silly entrance fees. Their only overhead was the handful of barmaids and security they had to pay shit wages for the evening.

Omega came on to perform. Artists (at least established ones) don't come on to perform unless they get paid first .. and get paid what was negotiated upon beforehand.

No reason to think everyone involved didn't walk away happy.
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post

Address:

(nest to bar “Passions”)

This is actually where I was the night of the Omega concert, went Saturday also. Friday was empty but Saturday the place was packed, they had a band that night They aren't serving food yet, I went out Saturday and brought back pizza. The tables all have separate built in round tiki roofs made kind of like a table umbrella, but they are very low, it is annoying walking through the place.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information