Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Police Shaking Down Tourists

Thanks

Re: Police Shaking Down Tourists

I've actually rode with these guys in their truck one time. Had an altercation with a motoconcho, went up to the police station, next thing you know i was in the middle of the seat in the back with 3 cops back there with me, and 2 in the front, and 2 in the back bed! We drove all the way into Puerto Plata looking for this mother fucker. We were going up back roads, trying to find this dude, beating on doors, you name it. Once we did find him, they stuffed his ass in the bed, brought him to the jail, and beat the shit out of him with his own belt while he was naked! Something i'll never forget, and they never asked me for shit afterwards, just told me to come back in the AM to fill out some paperwork.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to steelsavior For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,483 Times in 204 Posts

The police stopped me once when I was in Sosua but they did not ask me for money.... One night while I was walking back late from After 1 to my hotel, two of the police stopped me and asked me where I was coming from? I told them I had been at after 1. Then they asked me for ID. I said I had none cause it's at my hotel. Then they said which hotel? i told them my hotel name. Lastly, they asked me where was I from? I said, NY. I guess they were satisfied with my answer, cause afterwards they shook my hands and sent me on my way. I would see these same two guys later on during my trip but they did not say anything to me again or asked for anything.
    "We cannot give the final answers to our human problems, because it is we human beings who are the problem"

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hottnickels72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,367 Times in 13,903 Posts

I've seen police shoot a thief in both knees with a shotgun. I've watched police interrogate a suspect with a plastic laundry bag over his head. I've seen a cop shoot a suspect in the head.

These guys can be pretty brutal.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I've seen police shoot a thief in both knees with a shotgun. I've watched police interrogate a suspect with a plastic laundry bag over his head. I've seen a cop shoot a suspect in the head.

awesome
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 688 Posts

"Tropa de Elite" in the DR...nice
    Pac-man aka Panocha Villa

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pac-Man For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
    Click to see pic

"Tropa de Elite" in the DR...nice
    Not far from the truth. There are dozens of summary executions here every year, and videos of more than a few on youtube.

Action starts at 1:45

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,936 Times in 688 Posts

Did that fucker's gun jam like in Schindler's List/Salvador?! Holy shit

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pac-Man For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pac-Man View Post
    Did that fucker's gun jam like in Schindler's List/Salvador?! Holy shit
    Twice. How'd you like to be the poor fuck that was listening to that think "click?"

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Twice. How'd you like to be the poor fuck that was listening to that think "click?"

I was thinking about that, when his gun jammed. To be that guy, think it is coming, then hear the click and have to go through it all over again!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was in puerto plata the police pull us over bc my friend forgot to put on the headlights. They asks us to get out and stand behind the car while they searched. At this point im scared becuase is another country and im noy from there so who knows what they pull. Came back and ask me why are there so many bottles in the back, that were not soppuse to have, the ask did we have any drugs or weapons on us. They made us empy our pockets which i thought thats a little extreme were tourists. As they going thru everything from our pockets they seemed more focused on the money, then they went to ask me wheres my passport or idenfication i told him it was attheresort he them reply were soppuse to always carry it, then he said we gonna have to take you in my heart droped. I never carry my passport around for the reason that my friend one time forgot it at western union we spent all day back tracing to find it. From th at experience always leave behind, common i like visiting the dr but dont wanna getstuck there. We gave him sob story dont remember exactly what it was at the time my spanish was very basic and they talk real fast thats why my friend did most of the talkin while i was stuned first time outta the u.s.a heard stories about third world countries,i thoughtwe were done. Lucky he manage something, well i hoped atthetime him being dominican well american born but still be able get us out of it. He did the cop came to me took the money from the hood gave me a pat on my back as if were friends or something told us we should carry iddentification next time. I was relieved and angry at the same time just lost 180 and my friend 60 plus all our pesos. I learned one thing from this never carry so much money in my pocket, only bring a few till i get back to thehotel so if it happens again wouldnt loose as much. But can i really trust the safes in the hotels. Im going to sosua first time and alone coming november i read post about they broke in the safe in casa cayena now im worried cant carry all my money on my persons nor leave at the hotel. Maybe dig a hole some were and bury it with a tresure map. Idk is casa cayena secured

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dav For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post
    Im going to sosua first time and alone coming november i read post about they broke in the safe in casa cayena now im worried cant carry all my money on my persons nor leave at the hotel. Maybe dig a hole some were and bury it with a tresure map. Idk is casa cayena secured
    I have stayed at CC three times since the alleged incident occurred there and have had no issues whatsoever with the safe and feel totally secure while staying there.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Advice I was given about identification is to carry a xerox copy of your passport on you. I bring multiple copies in case the humidity or folds wears them out.

Or you could get the Passport Card they offer (if you are a US citizen).

Split your money into several pockets. Small bills for propina or shakedown. Medium with a few small for tabs. Some more for emergency.

If your suitcase has a nylon zipper forget about the thought of it being a safe storage place. Unless you have hidden compartments; I mean they need to be really hidden.

Never tried this, but place the passport in 2 high quality ziploc bags. Then in a larger ziploc place the protected passport and feces inside. Seal it and label it stool sample for highly infectious testing. Hazmat labels will be an extra touch for authenticity. (I am certain labels can be found online and printed). Print some disease paperwork which can be easily read and scary. Must use native language. If found, it may deter the perpetrator from going any further especially if the passport is not seen through the mess. If anyone tries this, please report back. lol
    Proud graduate of Sex County Vocational School - '69

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lordg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,017 Times in 7,148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lordg View Post
    Advice I was given about identification is to carry a xerox copy of your passport on you. I bring multiple copies in case the humidity or folds wears them out.

Or you could get the Passport Card they offer (if you are a US citizen).
    Please elaborate. We're all ears. ..
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sure, here is the link. http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt...card_3926.html

Why I mention this is because it is a durable alternative than copying one's passport (for carrying purposes).

Here is the summary"
    "The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air."

Just realized this may be good for the escape plan?

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lordg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,017 Times in 7,148 Posts

Sure, here is the link. http://travel.state.gov/passport/ppt...card_3926.html

Why I mention this is because it is a durable alternative than copying one's passport (for carrying purposes).

Here is the summary"
    "The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air."

BINGO ! ..

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

I guess it would be easier to take a shit on , and use a mini ziplock bag
    That would fit right in your cargo-pants pocket.

Anybody tries to pick your pocket, they get a handful of feces!
    If you find a chica into scat, you could kill two birds @ once.

I am starting to like this site.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,734 Times in 3,148 Posts

Do you go not carry ID back home? lock up your passport i understand but no ID(driver license) that's your fault. the police in most countrys can take you in for not having a ID.

But dont worry, that happened to me and lots of others. We paid (a lot less LOL), the rule is that when you break more than 1 law driving expect to pay a premium. Easy why to fix, carry your driver's license.

My question are the PN supposed take you to the AMET office or taking you to the PN office?

Quote Originally Posted by dav View Post
    I was in puerto plata the police pull us over bc my friend forgot to put on the headlights. They asks us to get out and stand behind the car while they searched. At this point im scared becuase is another country and im noy from there so who knows what they pull. Came back and ask me why are there so many bottles in the back, that were not soppuse to have, the ask did we have any drugs or weapons on us. They made us empy our pockets which i thought thats a little extreme were tourists. As they going thru everything from our pockets they seemed more focused on the money, then they went to ask me wheres my passport or idenfication i told him it was attheresort he them reply were soppuse to always carry it, then he said we gonna have to take you in my heart droped. I never carry my passport around for the reason that my friend one time forgot it at western union we spent all day back tracing to find it. From th at experience always leave behind, common i like visiting the dr but dont wanna getstuck there. We gave him sob story dont remember exactly what it was at the time my spanish was very basic and they talk real fast thats why my friend did most of the talkin while i was stuned first time outta the u.s.a heard stories about third world countries,i thoughtwe were done. Lucky he manage something, well i hoped atthetime him being dominican well american born but still be able get us out of it. He did the cop came to me took the money from the hood gave me a pat on my back as if were friends or something told us we should carry iddentification next time. I was relieved and angry at the same time just lost 180 and my friend 60 plus all our pesos. I learned one thing from this never carry so much money in my pocket, only bring a few till i get back to thehotel so if it happens again wouldnt loose as much. But can i really trust the safes in the hotels. Im going to sosua first time and alone coming november i read post about they broke in the safe in casa cayena now im worried cant carry all my money on my persons nor leave at the hotel. Maybe dig a hole some were and bury it with a tresure map. Idk is casa cayena secured
    "If pussy was a stock, it would be plummeting right now, because you flooded the market with it, you are giving it away too easy" -Dave Chappelle

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigLongBeach For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information