Thread: Trouble at POP airport

Thanks
    Thanked 2,991 Times in 444 Posts

Trouble at POP airport

before i get into detail on what i had to go threw in POP airport..Id first like to say IM BACK!! looking forward to reading new trip reports as well as posting some of my own experiences from my last trip. I learned a great deal on my last trip regardless of it being my 10th trip in Sosua. I met some members as well as chilled with some old ( which i consider family ). anyway back to the story..When my friend and I got to POP airport and checked in for our flight everything seemed to be going smooth...that is until it was time to go through the metal detectors...Almost next in line to go through the detectors and a dominican police comes to me and asked me for my passport before i pass through. After doing so he asked me to follow him on the other side of the hall....i proceeded to follow him when i noticed there was a small computer infront of him as well as three other airport police standing with him. He pulls out a plastic instrument with disposable strips on the edges....he begins to swipe the instrment on my hands and skin, he then places the strips into the small computer in-front of him. the computer then seemed to be loading and then a pop up! a red pop up saying "15 % cocaine"!!!the thought of me not going home started going through my mind. I began trying to argue my case with the cops but they all seemed non respontive. i found my self standing there with them for over an hour when finally they grabbed my bag and began to go through it and give it the the same exam they gave me.! nothing positive on the bags thank god....the look on everyones eyes....even the girls working the aiport as they would walk by ..it was the look of "you got caught". eventually they asked me to go into the airport and let me go...my boy and I went to grab some food while waiting for my fight...when out of nowhere i hear them call my name over the airport loud speaker asking me to proceed to the gate...smh is this shit gonna end i ask myself....when i got to the gate the girl said i needed to wait for security to come and get me.....fml.......eventually they came got me and took me the the complete other side on the airport to where others were standing....i noticed my checked bag there along with other luggages...it was my turn on the line and they asked that I place my bag on the table to be checked....they went through every piece of my clothes and evenually told me to have a nice flight............WTF was that.....anyway mort posts to come I miss my ISOC dam I need some good laughs!..

ps sorry for the typos!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,404 Times in 668 Posts

Re: Trouble at POP airport

I'm curious what you did or what they did to first tip them off. They did not seem to be shaking you down at all but something made them decide to test your hands and it does not appear to be your items. Maybe you shook hands with someone or placed your hands where somebody had previously done a line... Or maybe you looked suspicious and they needed an excuse to check your bags.

I had a somewhat similar experience in POP with them calling me over to security. I was told to wait and two security guys showed up with my luggage. They took me behind a privacy curtain and asked to inspect the contents. Turns out when my luggage was being loaded they manhandled it a bit much and somehow my electric razor turned on. I had it within a plastic bag that was in another plastic container that was in the luggage. Whatever machines are checking the luggage picked up on the vibration. No harm, I shut it off and they returned the luggage and sent me on my way.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Talis View Post
    I'm curious what you did or what they did to first tip them off. They did not seem to be shaking you down at all but something made them decide to test your hands and it does not appear to be your items. Maybe you shook hands with someone or placed your hands where somebody had previously done a line... Or maybe you looked suspicious and they needed an excuse to check your bags.

I had a somewhat similar experience in POP with them calling me over to security. I was told to wait and two security guys showed up with my luggage. They took me behind a privacy curtain and asked to inspect the contents. Turns out when my luggage was being loaded they manhandled it a bit much and somehow my electric razor turned on. I had it within a plastic bag that was in another plastic container that was in the luggage. Whatever machines are checking the luggage picked up on the vibration. No harm, I shut it off and they returned the luggage and sent me on my way.

I did nothing to tip them off and I looked pretty normal i think.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GREEKFREAK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

hey used a ion scanner drugs on your hands

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

Didn't somebody post a similar story in the past? This sounds extremely familiar.
    I am pretty sure this is not the first story of this type.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

The South Shall Rise Again!!! when the Hispanics revolt :)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 257 Posts

Yeah I read the same thing on IFTC. I read up on those tests they give a the airport..... My only request is that you retrace your steps. Where did you go? Which bar or men's room, that test isn't designed to see if you snorted any coke, it's to see if you have been in contact with the powder. Some dude snorting some lines then shakes your hand or you end up using that bill that he did it with it's a good way to fail the test.

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to PerroDePassions For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PerroDePassions View Post
    Yeah I read the same thing on IFTC. I read up on those tests they give a the airport..... My only request is that you retrace your steps. Where did you go? Which bar or men's room, that test isn't designed to see if you snorted any coke, it's to see if you have been in contact with the powder. Some dude snorting some lines then shakes your hand or you end up using that bill that he did it with it's a good way to fail the test.
    Thanks for the info.. But why do they care if I been in contact with it or not, what does that do for them

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GREEKFREAK For This Useful Post:

The South Shall Rise Again!!! when the Hispanics revolt :)
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GREEKFREAK View Post
    Thanks for the info.. But why do they care if I been in contact with it or not, what does that do for them
    If you been in contact with the yello, who's to say you aren't smuggling them in or out of the country? Not you per say, but in general how are they to know that you just accidently came in contact with the stuff?

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PerroDePassions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

I get that all the time in jfk. And once in florida. I though they were looking for a reaction to bomb making materials. But drugs makes sences too. I wonder if it does both.

In jfk they have done my hands and shoes. In florida my bag as well.

This trip the bitch started talking to a friend and never told me I could leave. I eventually just walked away after a couple of minutes.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    I get that all the time in jfk. And once in florida. I though they were looking for a reaction to bomb making materials. But drugs makes sences too. I wonder if it does both.

In jfk they have done my hands and shoes. In florida my bag as well.

This trip the bitch started talking to a friend and never told me I could leave. I eventually just walked away after a couple of minutes.
    usually at the US airports boarding it set for explosive

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

When I think about taking a weekend warrior trip, these type hassels are the things that make me question is it too much work to go through customs etc.. for a 3 day trip. Sorry to be hearing about these most recent incidents.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

If you have handled money, whether it be dollars or pesos, there is a good chance you have cocaine traces on your hands. Money is covered with the stuff.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

Since there was a 15% positive result, I'm wondering what is the percentage (in most countries) that would make them think that you definitely put your hands directly on some coke.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Since there was a 15% positive result, I'm wondering what is the percentage (in most countries) that would make them think that you definitely put your hands directly on some coke.
    they can make that machine say anything they want, if they want to sweat somebody cuz they know or suspect something..
    It could have been random, could have been contact with a heavy concentration...
    This has been discussed before.. that machine is very sensitive..
    Rudy Giulianis money straight from his wallet, tested positive at a press conference, back in the day..when the technology first came out i think.
    its not important, so dont let them sweat you...

27. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

There was a research project done back in 2009 that estimated that as much as 90% of U.S. currency contains traces of cocaine.
    Mostly because money counting machines at banks become contaminated and spread small amounts to other bills.
    So cleaning your hands before going through security might not be a bad idea.

In 9 trips through POP airport I have had my bags searched three times.
    All with no problems and I have had loose batteries as well as Lapella in my suitcase and they did not bat an eye.
    Although they did get a laugh out of the anti monkey butt powder I had in my bag on one trip

IMG_2064.JPG
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

29. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    If you have handled money, whether it be dollars or pesos, there is a good chance you have cocaine traces on your hands. Money is covered with the stuff.
    I am fucked

you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,237 Times in 11,762 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    There was a research project done back in 2009 that estimated that as much as 90% of U.S. currency contains traces of cocaine.
    Mostly because money counting machines at banks become contaminated and spread small amounts to other bills.
    So cleaning your hands before going through security might not be a bad idea.

In 9 trips through POP airport I have had my bags searched three times.
    All with no problems and I have had loose batteries as well as Lapella in my suitcase and they did not bat an eye.
    Although they did get a laugh out of the anti monkey butt powder I had in my bag on one trip

Click to see pic

IMG_2064.JPG
    Anti Monkey Butt powder? For the chicas?

Just kidding. I use it myself when I go bicycling. Great stuff.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information