Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758 LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1141

Thread: 10/2013 - Rancho Tipico

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Yeah, thats why I said we'll just have to wait and see. I admit my experience in going to his venues in the past are quite limited, as someone who has visited Sosua once or twice a year for a week or two each time. But in seeing both his former beach bar and Rancho Tipico during the good times, Ad certainly knew the ingredients as to promote a spot and make it popular.

I would imagine having many attractive Haitianas working for him was a big draw as well, with many guys preferring them over Dominicanas. But as far as his day to day dealings, his personality quirks, his temper tantrums, etc....I will gladly defer to those guys who live there and know much more about him than the little I've been exposed to. My lasting memory was on the first night of my arrival in town a few years back and meeting up with a few of the regulars, Irie, Seville, WW and a couple more, Ad served me a sambuca then lit it on fire. Once I downed that, I don't remember much after except for Irie getting me a ride back to my room and discouraging me from taking an attractive, but questionable, Haitiana with me in such a state. Good call by him because when I got back to my room, it was goodnight Irene in seconds.

If someone like Irie, Seville, WW, daddyooo, or others who either live there or spend a large amount of time there throughout the year, posts something about him, I'll place more stock in their opinion since they are in the arena, so to speak.

TBH, in that area of the beach, I'll much rather go to El Rey's Flip Flop Beach Bar instead. That is only a few shacks down from where Ad's new Punta Cana Bar is.
    yes that flamng sambuca does have a way of messing you up

kinda odd that it does since i assume it is alcohol that is being burned off

i believe el rey shut down the flip flop beach hut for awhile but sounds like he might be opening it back up. Probably for high season

there are some pretty dark things about AD that very few know about and even he doesn’t want to speak to but alcohol can be a good truth serum and he loves to run his mouth

AD has always been about bigger and better things i would surmise he is looking towards something else. But he needs resources for that. A beach bar run right make a little money but is limited by available space and operating hours. Plus the climate has changed on the beach where things cant get to wild there anymore. To many eyes watching
    Last edited by j_d66; 11-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Yeah, thats why I said we'll just have to wait and see. I admit my experience in going to his venues in the past are quite limited, as someone who has visited Sosua once or twice a year for a week or two each time. But in seeing both his former beach bar and Rancho Tipico during the good times, Ad certainly knew the ingredients as to promote a spot and make it popular.

I would imagine having many attractive Haitianas working for him was a big draw as well, with many guys preferring them over Dominicanas. But as far as his day to day dealings, his personality quirks, his temper tantrums, etc....I will gladly defer to those guys who live there and know much more about him than the little I've been exposed to. My lasting memory was on the first night of my arrival in town a few years back and meeting up with a few of the regulars, Irie, Seville, WW and a couple more, Ad served me a sambuca then lit it on fire. Once I downed that, I don't remember much after except for Irie getting me a ride back to my room and discouraging me from taking an attractive, but questionable, Haitiana with me in such a state. Good call by him because when I got back to my room, it was goodnight Irene in seconds.

If someone like Irie, Seville, WW, daddyooo, or others who either live there or spend a large amount of time there throughout the year, posts something about him, I'll place more stock in their opinion since they are in the arena, so to speak.

TBH, in that area of the beach, I'll much rather go to El Rey's Flip Flop Beach Bar instead. That is only a few shacks down from where Ad's new Punta Cana Bar is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seville View Post
    Last few times I have walked by it has been closed.

Really?? Anyone know what's going on there?

I always enjoy stopping off there on my way off the beach.
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

The one on the beach has been closed for awhile. The restaurant in Beachway Plaza is still open.
    Vida es buena....

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    The one on the beach has been closed for awhile. The restaurant in Beachway Plaza is still open.
    Is this the place where X had my BD party last year?

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico (5 Year Topic)

The one at the entrance to the beach is still there and going strong
    the one on the beach was being managed by someone else and I think they left so he shut it down

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

yes, the one where the taco restaurant is

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

Yessir,,,,,,.
    It was Happy Birthday Bar when I had your birthday there,,,,,,,

Now its the Flip Flop,,,,,,.

Are you asking because you want another party there again,,,???
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    Yessir,,,,,,.
    It was Happy Birthday Bar when I had your birthday there,,,,,,,

Now its the Flip Flop,,,,,,.

Are you asking because you want another party there again,,,???
    We will party there for sure but I'm not sure about another BD party. You only turn 64 once......................
    Last edited by Tiger; 11-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    yes that flamng sambuca does have a way of messing you up

kinda odd that it does since i assume it is alcohol that is being burned off

i believe el rey shut down the flip flop beach hut for awhile but sounds like he might be opening it back up. Probably for high season

there are some pretty dark things about AD that very few know about and even he doesn’t want to speak to but alcohol can be a good truth serum and he loves to run his mouth

AD has always been about bigger and better things i would surmise he is looking towards something else. But he needs resources for that. A beach bar run right make a little money but is limited by available space and operating hours. Plus the climate has changed on the beach where things cant get to wild there anymore. To many eyes watching
    was told by someone yesterday the bar is Dominican owned and AD is managing it. Kinda makes sense

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

As we mentioned earlier, Ad, in the past the well-known owner of The Black Box beach bar and Rancho Tipico, has opened a bar on the beach of Sosúa. The bar has the original name: the Punta Cana Bar (Caseta nr 26). During the day it's pretty quiet there and you can enjoy your beer, the music or a football match. But late in the afternoon, many visitors show up. Then it is party time at in the Punta Cana Bar. That party often goes on until well into the evening. It seems as if the good old times of Rancho Tipico have returned.

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5382&article=1

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    As we mentioned earlier, Ad, in the past the well-known owner of The Black Box beach bar and Rancho Tipico, has opened a bar on the beach of Sosúa. The bar has the original name: the Punta Cana Bar (Caseta nr 26). During the day it's pretty quiet there and you can enjoy your beer, the music or a football match. But late in the afternoon, many visitors show up. Then it is party time at in the Punta Cana Bar. That party often goes on until well into the evening. It seems as if the good old times of Rancho Tipico have returned.

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5382&article=1

Click to see pic

He just keeps bouncing back.

Like him or hate him you gotta give him credit for trying.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

He just keeps bouncing back.

Like him or hate him you gotta give him credit for trying.
    yes Ad is pretty amazing.....never gives up.....keeps popping up.......guy is very driven......imagine what he could do if he was in N America

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Re: 10/2013 - Ad opens Rancho Tipico (5 Year Topic)

Went by there last week and not one customer at 1pm.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Re: Rancho Tipico

I heard there's new ownership/management? What's the new format? Same as before, bar/resto? Girls available for take out? Or just grab the number and hit them up later?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I heard there's new ownership/management? What's the new format? Same as before, bar/resto? Girls available for take out? Or just grab the number and hit them up later?

Which bar are you talking about?

If it's the old Rancho Tipico that is now currently a restaurant and there is no girls there. I don't see this location ever returning to its former glory but anything is possible.
    AD made that place happen and I would doubt he will ever show his face in the DR again

If your talking about the Punta Cana bar on the beach not sure about that one but it was barely open for business last time I was there in August but it is pretty slow time of year so everything is barely open at that time

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Which bar are you talking about?

If it's the old Rancho Tipico that is now currently a restaurant and there is no girls there. I don't see this location ever returning to its former glory but anything is possible.
    AD made that place happen and I would doubt he will ever show his face in the DR again

If your talking about the Punta Cana bar on the beach not sure about that one but it was barely open for business last time I was there in August but it is pretty slow time of year so everything is barely open at that time
    I'm talking about the old Rancho Tipico on pedro with the lobsters in the tank. A friend of mine passed by there last week and said he saw a crowd, pretty waitresses and heard karaoke.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

I'm talking about the old Rancho Tipico on pedro with the lobsters in the tank. A friend of mine passed by there last week and said he saw a crowd, pretty waitresses and heard karaoke.
    Everything moving to that end of town...So makes sense Tipico might get a second life. Thanksgiving it was dead....but sounds like it picked up...cool..I liked that place back in the day...

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,254 Times in 7,381 Posts

Just returned home from the DR. Spent 8 nights in Sosua and enjoyed some bar talk with expats living among the condos in the Casa Manana, Palms, Tradewinds and Caribe Campo area where I was staying. Was told that RT just might become something close to what it was in it's glory. No details, no dates, no time frame, just general bar talk among dudes who have lived there for a decade or more and seemed to have a very positive sense that it would happen.

Punta Cana Bar on the beach was not busy at all when I walked past on several beach visits. Staff was sitting around and maybe 1-2 customers at any point in the afternoon when I was there. Not much action.

On a different topic, I saw that the old Rumba was going to reopen as of Saturday, Dec 28th. When I bought a Metro ticket for SD on Christmas Day for leaving the next day, I talked to the big dude who worked the door at the old City Lights. He pulled up a chair and we spoke for a few minutes. I saw the entire floor area all filled with tables and chairs, guys on ladders working on the wiring for the big screen tv's. Hope it's a full go as the nightlife as we all have known it in the past, is no more. Because of the closures of those main bars, after the usual restaurants shut down when serving hours are done, the street is as quiet as a public library.

Unless you want to go to the Jolly Roger and play bingo with the wrinkled, blue haired, Canadian crowd.

"Bingo....EH"!!!!

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just returned home from the DR. Spent 8 nights in Sosua and enjoyed some bar talk with expats living among the condos in the Casa Manana, Palms, Tradewinds and Caribe Campo area where I was staying. Was told that RT just might become something close to what it was in it's glory. No details, no dates, no time frame, just general bar talk among dudes who have lived there for a decade or more and seemed to have a very positive sense that it would happen.

Punta Cana Bar on the beach was not busy at all when I walked past on several beach visits. Staff was sitting around and maybe 1-2 customers at any point in the afternoon when I was there. Not much action.

On a different topic, I saw that the old Rumba was going to reopen as of Saturday, Dec 28th. When I bought a Metro ticket for SD on Christmas Day for leaving the next day, I talked to the big dude who worked the door at the old City Lights. He pulled up a chair and we spoke for a few minutes. I saw the entire floor area all filled with tables and chairs, guys on ladders working on the wiring for the big screen tv's. Hope it's a full go as the nightlife as we all have known it in the past, is no more. Because of the closures of those main bars, after the usual restaurants shut down when serving hours are done, the street is as quiet as a public library.

Unless you want to go to the Jolly Roger and play bingo with the wrinkled, blue haired, Canadian crowd.

"Bingo....EH"!!!!
    Would be nice to see the old Rancho Tipico again on some level but I don't see it ever being what it once was.

AD was an integral component of that success and the likelihood that he will ever return to the DR is slim to none

Perhaps current ownership can return it to their former glory but I doubt they want that kind of exposure in the current climate of Sosua

Sure had some fun nights in there watching the chicas shake their bum bum

Had a pretty good time en la cama with her as all.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sold in December right before Covid. Good move unless he used the money to buy a new bar. Winner and Loser all in the same month. Wow!!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thread Information