Thread: First time off to Sosua 29th Jan 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 112 Posts

First time off to Sosua 29th Jan 2014

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a trip report yet! From Santo Domingo I've decided to head off to Sosua next, I leave early in the morning. I'll update my SD trip report soon (yes, I did get distracted by chicas!) but had better get some sleep. I'm aiming to catch the 07:00 Metro bus. Staying at Hotel Don Andres for 2 nights, then El-Rey has sorted me a room at Victorian House for the next 5 nights (I was panicing about finding a room so booked Don Andres with booking.com before I contacted El-Rey, otherwise I would have gone for 7 nights at Victorian House if a room was free).

Not looking forward to the early start, but I am looking forward to Sosua. I'll try not to leave the rest of my plans so last minute - thinking of maybe Puerta Plata, Blackbeards, Santiago and then Boca Chica but I might get addicted to Sosua we'll see! Hopefully I will meet some reprobates in one of the bars!

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to enquisitive For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Re: First time off to Sosua 29th Jan 2014

Quote Originally Posted by enquisitive View Post
    Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a trip report yet! From Santo Domingo I've decided to head off to Sosua next, I leave early in the morning. I'll update my SD trip report soon (yes, I did get distracted by chicas!) but had better get some sleep. I'm aiming to catch the 07:00 Metro bus. Staying at Hotel Don Andres for 2 nights, then El-Rey has sorted me a room at Victorian House for the next 5 nights (I was panicing about finding a room so booked Don Andres with booking.com before I contacted El-Rey, otherwise I would have gone for 7 nights at Victorian House if a room was free).

Not looking forward to the early start, but I am looking forward to Sosua. I'll try not to leave the rest of my plans so last minute - thinking of maybe Puerta Plata, Blackbeards, Santiago and then Boca Chica but I might get addicted to Sosua we'll see! Hopefully I will meet some reprobates in one of the bars!

The easiest advice I can give you...stop trying to make plans and thinking!

I use to make all kinds of plans for my vacations. Then I would hit Sosua and not do another damn thing. Just enjoy Sosua and have fun. If something else comes along and sounds good, do it. But don't stress over trying to plan everything out.

Oh, and fuck all that early morning bullshit! The only way I see 7am, is if I'm still up from the night before!

5. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,226 Times in 3,237 Posts

Looking forward to meeting you. See you soon
    En una tierra de mujeres hermosas, Yo soy El Rey

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El-Rey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post
    That is good advice I think. Although, yesterday I did need to make some plan otherwise I would have been sleeping on the street!
    I managed to cope with the early start somehow - my alarm was set for 05:30 and it made me laugh that the night before (little more than 24 hours earlier) I was up with a chica until about 04:00!

I've arrived safe and sound in Sosua, chilling by the pool while I wait for my room to be ready. Then I will hit the town (well, more likely hit by bed for a nap!) Feeling quite relaxed.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to enquisitive For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,401 Times in 78,292 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TNT72 View Post

!
    Except or the plane ticket ad having your hotel room, just let it low.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thread Information