View Poll Results: Who is going where these days?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Sosua

8 12.90%
  • Strictly the Capital

4 6.45%
  • Strictly Boca Chica

6 9.68%
  • All over DR, except Sosua

2 3.23%
  • All over DR, including Sosua

30 48.39%
  • Anyplace but DR

4 6.45%
  • I live in Sosua

8 12.90%
  • I live in Boca Chica

0 0%
  • I live in the Capital

2 3.23%
  • I live in another Monger Country

3 4.84%
  • So far only sosua, looking to expand one day

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday???

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday???

Anyone on the ground heard this? Are there signs or posters up yet?

IF it's true and I hope it is it should be interesting to see how it plays out....
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

IF it's true and I hope it is it should be interesting to see how it plays out....
    I guess we only have only a couple days to find out if this time it will actually happen... Doesn't make much sense closing off the windows to the bars and then doing this... I can't see most of the business owners investing much money in furniture until they get some confidence the city is serious and will support this...particularly after a serious crime or two...
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

It will happen this weekend As far as being able to police the change, well Dominican logic will prevail For those visiting that will be need a ride to leave PC, just be ready for the "in your face" moto on the corner. Also. for those with auto, you will find many locals ready to watch your cars parked in off streets for $$$$ as a security fee. As always, the circus is in town during the off season for Sosua
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

It was the local govt. that announced it, so I'd guess it's going to happen. Long overdue.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

I wanted it to happen for years and am hoping they don't fuck it up and that it's in force and working well for my next visit.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

I attended the meeting at the Sosua municipal offices(Ayuntamiento) on Tuesday afternoon. Pedro Clisante will be closed from 6pm till 6am beginning this Saturday. There was talk of enforcing a dress code(No tits, ass, or bellies showing), of women being prohibited from standing(loitering) on the newly created pedestrian thoroughfare. Motoconcho stands will be moved away from the newly closed intersections. Willy(D'Latin) announced that he will be buying the El Mundo del Toro space in the next few weeks and opening a luxury restaurant with air conditioning. A place for families, not a chica bar and disco. Looks like the chicas will be moving to another block if all this happens. There was no talk about ending prostitution, it was recognized as being legal here in the D.R." A way that mothers feed their families", as said by our mayor Iliana. Only time will tell, this is being called a test, so we will see how it all plays out in the end. This is not the first time that Pedro Clisante has been closed, the last time didn't work out so well!
    Cheers!!

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    Willy(D'Latin) announced that he will be buying the El Mundo del Toro space in the next few weeks and opening a luxury restaurant with air conditioning.
    Whats the under/over on this, 3 months?

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Holy crap , did you just say that the Good Mayor Iliana Neumann, in her OWN words said that PROSTITUTION is PROTECTED and LEGAL , and recognized as a way mothers feed their families , did those words really come out of her mough..? she finally seeing the light.
    As to PC for Pedestrians only.. thats great news of course and a long time coming.. They should have done it years ago and avoided all the the other BS..
    This should be most interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    Whats the under/over on this, 3 months?
    My money says it will be a HUGE Success..

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

I attended the meeting at the Sosua municipal offices(Ayuntamiento) on Tuesday afternoon. Pedro Clisante will be closed from 6pm till 6am beginning this Saturday. There was talk of enforcing a dress code(No tits, ass, or bellies showing), of women being prohibited from standing(loitering) on the newly created pedestrian thoroughfare. Motoconcho stands will be moved away from the newly closed intersections. Willy(D'Latin) announced that he will be buying the El Mundo del Toro space in the next few weeks and opening a luxury restaurant with air conditioning. A place for families, not a chica bar and disco. Looks like the chicas will be moving to another block if all this happens. There was no talk about ending prostitution, it was recognized as being legal here in the D.R." A way that mothers feed their families", as said by our mayor Iliana. Only time will tell, this is being called a test, so we will see how it all plays out in the end. This is not the first time that Pedro Clisante has been closed, the last time didn't work out so well!
    Cheers!!
    that is a risky move.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    that is a risky move.
    For the record, just for debate sake, I disagree 100+ %.. i think its a GENIUS move.. the first Luxury Restaurant on PC.. The WW will lose their minds feeding them hoes overpriced Camarones, a nd no more white towels.. LOL (ok im gonna catch shit for that one, i know)

" Papi, es mucho calor, ¿quieres aire condisioninn Camarones y Fria drink ?"

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    Holy crap , did you just say that the Good Mayor Iliana Neumann, in her OWN words said that PROSTITUTION is PROTECTED and LEGAL , and recognized as a way mothers feed their families , did those words really come out of her mough..? she finally seeing the light.
    As to PC for Pedestrians only.. thats great news of course and a long time coming.. They should have done it years ago and avoided all the the other BS..

Don't you love it when a plan comes together!! Willy now has his hands in classicos (yes classicos!), dlatins, and his old bar back and I am sure he is paying pennies on the dollar for it. And all of a sudden being a puta in a no longer frowned upon by his partner, the current mayor. Hmmmmmm
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Yes! Those words were spoken by the mayor herself! The mayor "Feels ashamed every time she sees these young women showing breasts, cheeks, and bellies on the street, but they have a right to feed their families" I heard it with my own ears!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

For the record, just for debate sake, I disagree 100+ %.. i think its a GENIUS move.. the first Luxury Restaurant on PC.. The WW will lose their minds feeding them hoes overpriced Camarones, a nd no more white towels.. LOL (ok im gonna catch shit for that one, i know)

Why? It's absolutely true. Sosua has more than enough simps and WW's to keep a nice place like that going.

I wonder if he bought the key, or the actual real estate? I'm guessing the key.

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Don't you love it when a plan comes together!! Willy now has his hands in classicos (yes classicos!), dlatins, and his old bar back and I am sure he is paying pennies on the dollar for it. And all of a sudden being a puta in a no longer frowned upon by his partner, the current mayor. Hmmmmmm
    Word...

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

This is a positive move forward. We've been lobbying for this for many years and now it has finally happened. We'll see how it plays out, but so far so good.

28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    ...soooooooooooo what u trynna say MAINE????

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I guess the Mora Mai will raise prices as well.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So charging more will mean sucess?

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    ...soooooooooooo what u trynna say MAINE????
    Watch "King of New York- Now it's my turn" on YouTube - King of New York- Now it's my turn: http://youtu.be/GyEg3vahDdk

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Yes! Those words were spoken by the mayor herself! The mayor "Feels ashamed every time she sees these young women showing breasts, cheeks, and bellies on the street, but they have a right to feed their families" I heard it with my own ears!
    she's a politician and trying to do a balancing act with a lot of business owners being in attendance....
    since a lot of the "breasts, cheeks and bellies" brings in a lot of dollars to businesses on PC....
    so any idea of a dress code would be going overboard and thus the subject was dropped......
    and how would you even enforce sumthin like dat......almost impossible

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information