View Poll Results: Who is going where these days?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Sosua

8 12.90%
  • Strictly the Capital

4 6.45%
  • Strictly Boca Chica

6 9.68%
  • All over DR, except Sosua

2 3.23%
  • All over DR, including Sosua

30 48.39%
  • Anyplace but DR

4 6.45%
  • I live in Sosua

8 12.90%
  • I live in Boca Chica

0 0%
  • I live in the Capital

2 3.23%
  • I live in another Monger Country

3 4.84%
  • So far only sosua, looking to expand one day

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday???

Thanks

Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

My money says it will be a HUGE Success..

Works very well in Boca Chica.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chicachaser For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

The closing of Pedro Clisante will be from where to where???

Rumba to Old Happy Bar??

Any info on this?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post

Rumba to Old Happy Bar??

Any info on this?
    Yes...you have that right
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

and now, across the street from the old Happy Bar (which is a new pizza place), there is another restaurant about to open. I hear from another message board that it has the same owner as the Morua Mai

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Yes...you have that right
    Not sure what Old Happy Bar is but if I would have to guess I would think from After 1 to Dr. Rosen aka the block Rockies in on... Unless if the "strip" got longer again since I was there in January...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

for the guys that travel everywhere the only choice that we were given was 'any place but the DR' ............. so wtf ........ I had no choise but to pick that one
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

I heard from the little Playero to Rumba.

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post

Rumba to Old Happy Bar??

Any info on this?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,159 Times in 5,854 Posts

If a busload with ignorant cruise tourists ever lands in SOSua by the end of the year where do ya think they are going for a lunch? No one gives a damn about hookers but $!$ Pastoriza (the family that is going 'to donate' the land above the beach for development) has taken over the board for sustainable development of the town. The sewage renovation in summer is coming. I don't make any predictions but I think eventually the action will be more dispersed further up PC closer to a new police post.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

From Sosua News

16 May 2014

Pedro Clisante soon free of traffic

The die is cast: from 1 June, a part of the main street Pedro Clisante will be closed for traffic from 6 PM until 6 AM. This means that the restaurants can put their tables out on the street and that the guests are not bothered by racing motorcycles and their stench and noise anymore.

At the corner of the Bermuda Bar (better known as the bar of thick Herman) and the Rumba Bar, preparations have been made, they placed poles in the sidewalk which makes it easy to close to road with a barrier. Also on the corner of the pizzeria 'Little NY Pizza' (formerly Pluto Bar or Happy Bar) they have placed these poles to close the road for traffic easily.

The poles at the corner

Most restaurant and bar owners are very pleased with this decision of the municipal council. What's left is to search for a solutions for the visitors who come by car to the Pedro Clisante and now lost their parking space.

DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

So now, after all the trouble they put the bars through to keep everything inside behind closed curtains, they are now going to let them set up shop with tables on the street? I'm all in favor of this, hope it works out.

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    So now, after all the trouble they put the bars through to keep everything inside behind closed curtains, they are now going to let them set up shop with tables on the street? I'm all in favor of this, hope it works out.
    No doubt they see what is going on in Boca Chica. Years ago, they got everyone and now, Boca chica is happening. No reason for anyone to go to Sosua if Boca is better so they are trying to see what makes Boca tick and make Sosua better for competing with Boca.

Afterall, its the same Island and it took Boca 10 years to come back.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,561 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Seems like they play checkers, instead of chess in Sosua.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to rahsta For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    No doubt they see what is going on in Boca Chica. Years ago, they got everyone and now, Boca chica is happening. No reason for anyone to go to Sosua if Boca is better so they are trying to see what makes Boca tick and make Sosua better for competing with Boca.

Afterall, its the same Island and it took Boca 10 years to come back.
    yes, but the sad part is the merchants wanted this years ago, (tables in street, close off to vehicles).. as Sopranostingray said.. And they suffered more and more each year, waiting...
    But what did they do ? they ignored them... and instead passed even tighter regs by forcing them to remove the tables and chairs on the sidewalk, remodel, enclose, etc etc... and they were stupid enough to even blame that shooting on the tables at El Flow as I recall.. Based on what logic ? So now Tables and chairs in the STREET are GOOD, when tables and chairs before Led to shootings.. wtf ? ( sarcasm).... they had their head up their asses for a Long time. Maybe someone is finally explaining it to the powers in charge.. So they really dont get any credit like they just came up with this idea on their own..
    Glad they finally see : the hookers are not going anywhere, the mongers spend $$, and the businesses on PC need some freedoms if they gonna survive.
    it aint rocket science..
    Dominicans have to be some of hte most stubborn people on the planet. they got a Good thing going ( tourists coming into the northcoast in record #s increasing every year)... so DONT fuck it up.. thats the name of the game

IMO the Only reason they made this move of emulating Boca Chica.. is they have some VISION of these Cruise ship passengers, sitting at these tables, in the middle of PC, spending all kids of $$ on food and drinks... they really have their heads up their asses on that one..

SO they finally did the right thing, for totally the WRONG reasons.... Dominican Business 101
    Feels like that Commercial of the mom who convinces her 4 year old to eat his Vegetables, cause that what the Astronauts eat ..

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    yes, but the sad part is the merchants wanted this years ago, (tables in street, close off to vehicles).. as Sopranostingray said.. And they suffered more and more each year, waiting...
    But what did they do ? they ignored them... and instead passed even tighter regs by forcing them to remove the tables and chairs on the sidewalk, remodel, enclose, etc etc... and they were stupid enough to even blame that shooting on the tables at El Flow as I recall.. Based on what logic ? So now Tables and chairs in the STREET are GOOD, when tables and chairs before Led to shootings.. wtf ? ( sarcasm).... they had their head up their asses for a Long time. Maybe someone is finally explaining it to the powers in charge.. So they really dont get any credit like they just came up with this idea on their own..
    Glad they finally see : the hookers are not going anywhere, the mongers spend $$, and the businesses on PC need some freedoms if they gonna survive.
    it aint rocket science..
    Dominicans have to be some of hte most stubborn people on the planet. they got a Good thing going ( tourists coming into the northcoast in record #s increasing every year)... so DONT fuck it up.. thats the name of the game

IMO the Only reason they made this move of emulating Boca Chica.. is they have some VISION of these Cruise ship passengers, sitting at these tables, in the middle of PC, spending all kids of $$ on food and drinks... they really have their heads up their asses on that one..

SO they finally did the right thing, for totally the WRONG reasons.... Dominican Business 101
    Feels like that Commercial of the mom who convinces her 4 year old to eat his Vegetables, cause that what the Astronauts eat ..

Now they will never get it all, not with my Boca Chica.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JDR View Post
    Now they will never get it all, not with my Boca Chica.
    Why can't we all win..why does there have to be a loser... I see the island with Boca Chica on the right and Sosua on the left...sort of like two Boobs growing and expanding for years to come... If TNT72 ever comes back...wherever he is will be the hairy nipple...

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Why can't we all win..why does there have to be a loser... I see the island with Boca Chica on the right and Sosua on the left...sort of like two Boobs growing and expanding for years to come... If TNT72 ever comes back...wherever he is will be the hairy nipple...
    Sosua was getting it all and now they must share.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Wouldn't that be the hairy ass?

(I've got a pic or two if you'd like to see it!)

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

For The love of god, please do NOT post "that" picture...

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    For The love of god, please do NOT post "that" picture...

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

So last night they installed the barriers and at 7.30 decided to have a test run of Pedro Clisante blocked off with the barriers in place.

They didn't open them again until about 9 and unfortunately didn't pre-warn any of the drivers that had already parked along PC.

So these guys when trying to get out had to back up a block from Rumba to the exit street between D'Latin and Winners Circle.

Quite amusing.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information