View Poll Results: Who is going where these days?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Sosua

8 12.90%
  • Strictly the Capital

4 6.45%
  • Strictly Boca Chica

6 9.68%
  • All over DR, except Sosua

2 3.23%
  • All over DR, including Sosua

30 48.39%
  • Anyplace but DR

4 6.45%
  • I live in Sosua

8 12.90%
  • I live in Boca Chica

0 0%
  • I live in the Capital

2 3.23%
  • I live in another Monger Country

3 4.84%
  • So far only sosua, looking to expand one day

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday???

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    There was talk of enforcing a dress code(No tits, ass, or bellies showing), of women being prohibited from standing(loitering) on the newly created pedestrian thoroughfare.

I had heard about this. But who brought it up at the meeting? A DRESS CODE is really bizarre but it goes along with the covering up of the windows. They just don't know what to do to reclaim their PC. And they come up with these wacky ideas that they think will "harass" and make people move on to a different area.

I thought the window coverings was a terrible decision and the Dress Code would have been bad too. I think there would have been some scuffles right on the sidewalk. Not a good idea.

The other shocker coming out of your report is that Willie going into the "Family" entertainment business. My take on that is that he will be ready to go in either direction, Families or WW's. He's ready.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

I on't recall who spoke of the dress code, might have been Sancassani. And as far as Willy is concerned, He said "no disco or chica bar, a luxury restaurant with air conditioning". He never said families only, who else but the WW will be taking their chicas for an expensive meal. Families may be in the future, but bills needs to be paid now.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    From Sosua News

16 May 2014

Pedro Clisante soon free of traffic

Click to see pic The poles at the corner
    I hear the posts were a real bargain at only 13 million DOP after cost overruns....... each. They've installed 26 so far.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I hear the posts were a real bargain at only 13 million DOP after cost overruns....... each. They've installed 26 so far.

Is that sarcasm?

I think those posts are a perfect place for an old slightly repaired grey plastic chair to sit next to,... where a hand sticks out to the passer by and a face of a poor worried and desperate looking person asks for money.... Right next to that person will be the one legged cripple and the guy with the blue pills... The man on the opposite corner yelling "change".."change".. and the able bodied guy yelling "my friend"..."my friend"...

Then there will be the chicas asking you to walk them hand in hand to the disco or Bar Central... and the moto guys yelling... "moto" "moto"

the bars will start to add music to the street and some drunk guy will fall off the curb/sidewalk and onto the street every so often....

Beer and other drinks on the street will be served in styrofoam cups and there will be beer fights for fun...

Guys from New York will be walking down the street in groups of three to five with plenty of bling...talking shit to the Dominicans for fun...

Pathetic looking old white guys will get their arms accosted by the putas and be pulled to the walls where the chica will grope them and let them know they are special, that is if they take them for a fuck right away.... "come on lets go" will be heard all over...

There will be assorted hustlers around giving tourists their last cigarette along with the package and an extra dose of drugs packed in the bottom of the package...

There will be an endless stream of chicas hoping to make eye contact with you and then asking for a free drink...

I could go on, but overall it will be the same stuff going on, but it should be better because sitting outside in the Caribbean when its below zero at home just feels like vacation.... I love Sosua for all of the above...and a lot more... I like to see its changes and the seeming non-nonsensical ways and failures and madness of it all... What guys do for pussy... We should all laugh at ourselves...we are part of it....
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Is that sarcasm?

I think those posts are a perfect place for an old slightly repaired grey plastic chair to sit next to,... where a hand sticks out to the passer by and a face of a poor worried and desperate looking person asks for money.... Right next to that person will be the one legged cripple and the guy with the blue pills... The man on the opposite corner yelling "change".."change".. and the able bodied guy yelling "my friend"..."my friend"...
    I agree that this won't change much. The whole gang will be there.

With one exception, the new music. With bringing out new music groups once a month on a street platform, they will bring out a few families/Dominicans/ex-pat locals who aren't mongers. This could have a slight "dampening" affect on the monger scene. Apparently the Minister of Tourism office is funding the monthly concert.

The first first street concert is tonight. It is going to be some kind of Caribbean Jazz band.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Is that sarcasm?

Then there will be the chicas asking you to walk them hand in hand to the disco or Bar Central... and the moto guys yelling... "moto" "moto"

the bars will start to add music to the street and some drunk guy will fall off the curb/sidewalk and onto the street every so often....

Beer and other drinks on the street will be served in styrofoam cups and there will be beer fights for fun...

Guys from New York will be walking down the street in groups of three to five with plenty of bling...talking shit to the Dominicans for fun...

Pathetic looking old white guys will get their arms accosted by the putas and be pulled to the walls where the chica will grope them and let them know they are special, that is if they take them for a fuck right away.... "come on lets go" will be heard all over...

There will be assorted hustlers around giving tourists their last cigarette along with the package and an extra dose of drugs packed in the bottom of the package...

There will be an endless stream of chicas hoping to make eye contact with you and then asking for a free drink...

I could go on, but overall it will be the same stuff going on, but it should be better because sitting outside in the Caribbean when its below zero at home just feels like vacation.... I love Sosua for all of the above...and a lot more... I like to see its changes and the seeming non-nonsensical ways and failures and madness of it all... What guys do for pussy... We should all laugh at ourselves...we are part of it....

All that, and you forgot to mention the guy that would charge admission and give you your little "paid" stub so you could prove you've already paid if you step out for some reason.

11. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

All that, and you forgot to mention the guy that would charge admission and give you your little "paid" stub so you could prove you've already paid if you step out for some reason.

And you just KNOW somebody is going to try it!!

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Re: Rumour has it Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday??

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    For the record, just for debate sake, I disagree 100+ %.. i think its a GENIUS move.. the first Luxury Restaurant on PC.. The WW will lose their minds feeding them hoes overpriced Camarones, a nd no more white towels.. LOL (ok im gonna catch shit for that one, i know)

" Papi, es mucho calor, ŋquieres aire condisioninn Camarones y Fria drink ?"
    Are you kidding me!? Those WW who sit at he VIP section at D'Latin and others ordering Ciroc with a flock of chicas on their heels are not going to be deter by a luxury restaurant. The WW spends lots of money, like its going out of style. Why do you think D'Latin and Rhumba seem to be playing mostly hip hop? The M.O. of the WW is to party like a rap star. emulating what they see in most rap videos today.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Are you kidding me!? Those WW who sit at he VIP section at D'Latin and others ordering Ciroc with a flock of chicas on their heels are not going to be deter by a luxury restaurant. The WW spends lots of money, like its going out of style. Why do you think D'Latin and Rhumba seem to be playing mostly hip hop? The M.O. of the WW is to party like a rap star. emulating what they see in most rap videos today.
    by reading your response, and since you said " not going to be deterred" ?

Somehow I think you managed to interpret what i said exactly the OPPOSITE of how i meant it, and wrote it...

Explain to me what you think i said ?
    I honestly didnt say it in a way for it to be confusing..

17. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    by reading your response, and since you said " not going to be deterred" ?

Somehow I think you managed to interpret what i said exactly the OPPOSITE of how i meant it, and wrote it...

Explain to me what you think i said ?
    I honestly didnt say it in a way for it to be confusing..
    My bad, I read it rather quickly, read it again and i get it.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Street is closed right now, with iron gates at rhumbas and at the new pizza place. Tonight there is a bandstand at cafe cubano, music playing

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

www Link Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Street is closed right now, with iron gates at rumbas and at the new pizza place. Tonight there is a bandstand at cafe cubano, music playing
    GF finally wants to sleep. So I have some time to post some photos and comments of our experience last night in Sosua with the PC vehicle free night.

From Latin Drink to Rumba @ 9 pm....
    20140517_211631.jpg

Photo taken just in front of Brittania, stage in front of cafe cubano. Many local families, as well as people eating street side. Photo taken a bit late after many patrons left for the evening, All the restaurants looked like they did extra business which is a good thing for this time of the year. Sound system was great, word of mouth should get more people out next weekend.

930 pm

20140517_211813.jpg

more @930pm
    20140517_211838.jpg20140517_212444.jpg

10:30 pm Bermuda Bar to Latin Drink... No motos and chulos

20140517_230336.jpg20140517_230700.jpg

Premium (El Flow) Bar & Disco... 11 pm Street side tables, and packed house inside. Disco best I have seen in 4 months, and as normal, plenty of available chicas that will not go into Rumba or Latin Drink...

20140517_230842.jpg

1am Latin Drink packed inside. Street side very different

20140518_004132.jpg

I know it's only the first night. However, I get the feeling that if the powers of B can continue the street closure with entertainment for the residents and tourist alike, then Sosua could have it's cake and eat it too. I could see that it would be a better experience for the mongers who support Latin, Rumba, and the other bars with having a safer street to move about. While at the same time many of the residents (incl. Dominicans ) will fill in El Flow and support the street concerts and restaurants ( tourist as well) at the other end of PC. It may be a long shot, but I have always believed if you can control the motos, chulos, and street kids that fill PC at night, then Sosua would be a better place for all..
    I will add more later, however need to catch up on some needed sleep
    Last edited by steviewonder; 05-18-2014 at 10:58 AM.
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Street is closed right now, with iron gates at rhumbas and at the new pizza place. Tonight there is a bandstand at cafe cubano, music playing
    It was kinda like two strips. After cafe cubano was a "No Hip Hop zone," lol, so that should please that crowd.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    I know it's only the first night. However, I get the feeling that if the powers of B can continue the street closure with entertainment for the residents and tourist alike, then Sosua could have it's cake and eat it too. I could see that it would be a better experience for the mongers who support Latin, Rumba, and the other bars with having a safer street to move about. While at the same time many of the residents (incl. Dominicans ) will fill in El Flow and support the street concerts and restaurants ( tourist as well) at the other end of PC. It may be a long shot, but I have always believed if you can control the motos, chulos, and street kids that fill PC at night, then Sosua would be a better place for all..
    I will add more later, however need to catch up on some needed sleep
    I agree, to me the chicas never have been a problem in Sosua. It is all the leeches....chulos, motoconchistas, buscons, crazies, beggars etc. .....that make the place less enjoyable and safe than it used to be.

Thanks
    Thanked 34,226 Times in 2,769 Posts

I am still totally confused. Didnt they just make places remove chairs from the side walk After a shooting in Flow??? Then the block ths view push?? Now we going to put all the action in ghe middle of the street in full display???

It fčels like there is a new person in charge every few months. Or maybe the person in charge is getting a "new incentive" to change the rules every few months.

Hmmmmmmm.

25. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to dquick For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post
    I am still totally confused. Didnt they just make places remove chairs from the side walk After a shooting in Flow??? Then the block ths view push?? Now we going to put all the action in ghe middle of the street in full display???

It fčels like there is a new person in charge every few months. Or maybe the person in charge is getting a "new incentive" to change the rules every few months.

Hmmmmmmm.
    "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

27. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DMV View Post
    It was kinda like two strips. After cafe cubano was a "No Hip Hop zone," lol, so that should please that crowd.
    Thank GOD!!!!!!!!

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dquick View Post

Hmmmmmmm.
    You are just NOW realizing this ?

as i said in a prev post, they doing it for a DIFF reason now, so its OK, the gun toting Tigueres will be sent a Memo..
    my .02 was they think the Cruise ship passengers will be dining Al Fresco on PC, like its freaking ITALY or some shit
    why you think the announcement of the new Fancy Restaurant by Willy?
    you live down there and you cant see how this all fits together nicely in their little grand illusion..
    its all a Big dog and pony show..

LOL

31. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

The bars are not allowed to put tables and chairs out, only the restaurants.

33. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 27,984 Times in 7,129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    The bars are not allowed to put tables and chairs out, only the restaurants.

OK so its been settled now once and for all.

Restaurant owners rule ....................
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information