View Poll Results: Who is going where these days?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strictly Sosua

8 12.90%
  • Strictly the Capital

4 6.45%
  • Strictly Boca Chica

6 9.68%
  • All over DR, except Sosua

2 3.23%
  • All over DR, including Sosua

30 48.39%
  • Anyplace but DR

4 6.45%
  • I live in Sosua

8 12.90%
  • I live in Boca Chica

0 0%
  • I live in the Capital

2 3.23%
  • I live in another Monger Country

3 4.84%
  • So far only sosua, looking to expand one day

1 1.61%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturday???

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    The bars are not allowed to put tables and chairs out, only the restaurants.
    Rumba has got a food court.
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Another meeting at Ayuntamiento yesterday afternoon. After listening to all of the complaints from the restaurant owners, and a couple of compliments from others, the powers that be basically said " Why the hell are you guys complaining about things being slow? The restaurant owners should get together and figure out ways to attract more business! Tourismo will not be supplying customers! Tourismo will host some concerts and cultural events, but the restaurants should come up with some clever specials to boost sales." The Thursday BBQ at Good Old Germany on the highway was used as an example. It was noted that even Dominicans stop in for the BBQ special.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by captain69 View Post
    Another meeting at Ayuntamiento yesterday afternoon. After listening to all of the complaints from the restaurant owners, and a couple of compliments from others, the powers that be basically said " Why the hell are you guys complaining about things being slow? The restaurant owners should get together and figure out ways to attract more business! Tourismo will not be supplying customers! Tourismo will host some concerts and cultural events, but the restaurants should come up with some clever specials to boost sales." The Thursday BBQ at Good Old Germany on the highway was used as an example. It was noted that even Dominicans stop in for the BBQ special.
    I guess this is why last week (before this meeting) it was announced that that the old El Toro bar will be converted to a restaurant... Maybe it will continue to have its disco way in the back??? lol
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

. Worst meals i ever had in Sosua..
    and i went there 2 diff times, to give him a 2nd chance..absolutely the worst..

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

IMO the powers of B along with the restaurant operators should be focusing on a number of different options for not only capturing business, but as well as looking at PC for what it really provides during the entire year. As we know, the city has agreed to facilitate a street closure that only really caters to 3 1/2 major bars, along with 5 or 6 small to mid size restaurants, which the two are separated at Classicos and Winners Circle. My advise would be to allow only cars to enter PC ( NY Style Pizza location) from Mon - Thursday and have a one way only exit on the street between Winners Circle and D Latin. This street in fact should always be a one way out of PC to the highway the entire time. The city could put up signs at the entrance (next to Texaco) prohibiting all motos and autos, and enforce by confiscation with an officer (especially after 6pm) there. Place a barrier on PC ( 6pm) to direct cars to exit toward the police station.
    Now on three weekends each month that the city (or Tourism) will not be providing concerts. The focus on getting locals out should be to arrange local crafts and various entertainment (local musicians, street dancers, fair, etc) on PC in front of the restaurants. This would only be on a Friday and Sat night and would bring out many of the residents, and would not cost anyone anything, except for a small advertising bill from the city. As we know, after the 10pm on the weekend, 95% of the locals supporting the street fair head home. However, during the week when the restaurants hope to get these locals back to support their business, then the majority of them would be able to park within the restaurant section of PC and along the exit street toward the highway..
    As far as the street closure from Bermuda Bar to D Latin this should never be changed. Eliminating the motos, chulos, and properly policing this small section is one of the best moves for this part of PC. Also, as far as El Toro being changed to a fancy restaurant, why would the king ( Willie) of chica bars want to create a restaurant across the street from D Latin? What could it provide after 10pm that would generate $$$ for his purse and provide additional interest to visit PC? As I believe he owns the building, why not put something there to compete with Premium Bar and Disco, like building a proper ground floor Dominican Rancho Tipico? Now that would get the locals of all sorts filling the place up, along with the visitors that would enjoy the social aspect of the real local flavor. Because no one could ever convince me that D Latin is the place you go to dance ( unless u r in a VIP section) to local music. Actually I think more people dance in Rumba next to the DJ before 11pm, then the whole night after in D Latin. This way you have Rumba as the #1 sports and chica bar. D Latin as the #1 party and pick your chica (that you missed in Rumba) for the night bar. As well as across the street, the #1 100% local music, tipico, disco dance bar where El Toro is. Could be advertised as the perfect paradise of entertainment to get lost in from 6pm to 3am Yes I'm aware that there are a number of bars I have not mentioned above on or close to PC. I am in no way suggesting Sosua locals or visitors would not be interested in them. However, when one looks at the bigger picture of where the volume of people support, then I think we can agree that the focus is really on a very few places.
    Anyway, I'm sure there are others that have their ideas on how to improve PC, maybe along the way in this section we can read a number of them and forward to Sosua's Madam of the city
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Being there last week, it seems like the closing off of the street makes for a nice ring for the locals to fight when things shut down.

11. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ebl1702399 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

From Sosua News 5/30/14

Thanks to the sponsoring of the Ministry of Tourism, the band 'Samuel Alvarez & Té Anamú', will do a performance in the main street Pedro Clisante this Saturday evening. The band, which plays boleros, merengue and jazz themes starts to play at 8 PM on a stage in the part of the Pedro Clisante which is closed for traffic. Seats will be placed in the street for the audience with enough space in front of the stage to dance. The government seems to be serious to make Sosúa the cultural center of the North Coast with this sponsored performance. We are very curious if this continues as promised.
    Video: www.youtube.com

SOSUA.jpg

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
    . Worst meals i ever had in Sosua..
    and i went there 2 diff times, to give him a 2nd chance..absolutely the worst..
    Have to agree with this one... Every piece of meat I eat, which wasn't much because they were all out when I went up there, was salty as hell! I tried a few things and wound up eating fruit salad and a piece of hard bread for 350 pesos or whatever it costs...

To go back and answer a few posts,

the restaurants can only put out tables and chairs, easy, places like Rumba have the grill next door, they just expand, and if you are a club and dont sell food, you now do sell food... Even if it's 1 or two things, just to be able to put your tables out there... And the new luxury restaurant, they have the club in the back, why not keep it open and have your dining in customers get a free pass to the club and first free drink... If the restaurant is high class, they are making enough money to give away a small beer or some cheap red wine just to keep their big spending customers around...

Everyone of the business owners should try and be successful on making money here.... That is until the new rules come in and they have to close down for renovations... lol
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder View Post
    From Sosua News 5/30/14

Thanks to the sponsoring of the Ministry of Tourism, the band 'Samuel Alvarez & Té Anamú', will do a performance in the main street Pedro Clisante this Saturday evening. The band, which plays boleros, merengue and jazz themes starts to play at 8 PM on a stage in the part of the Pedro Clisante which is closed for traffic. Seats will be placed in the street for the audience with enough space in front of the stage to dance. The government seems to be serious to make Sosúa the cultural center of the North Coast with this sponsored performance. We are very curious if this continues as promised.
    Video: www.youtube.com

SOSUA.jpg
    I was there. Ate the barbecue at Alberto Tipico with a wingman in the street. Food was ok for 350 pesos and the waitress has a nice face and smile. Felt slightly out of place but enjoyed the music. Little strange seeing some of the chica parade walk by on the sidewalk during the wholesome event. Heard this is a once per month event. We will see.
    Proud graduate of Sex County Vocational School - '69

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

I liked the idea of Pedro Clisante as a "walking street" since my first visit in 2007. Easier to mix outside the discos. Calle Duarte in Boca Chica is also a walking street at night. Since last October, I have been visiting more of the island. I enjoy some of the Colmados (but depends on the neighborhood) and you need to speak a little Spanish. I am almost always the only gringo there and as with most of the island, once the girls know a gringo is at the colmado...they come to check it out. My favorite area atm is north of Santo Domingo in Villa Mella. Lots of chicas up there.

Thanks
    Thanked 31,161 Times in 5,856 Posts

One life has already been lost when a motoconcho struck a yellow post at full speed around 3 am near fat Herman's. It's still seriously bent.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Rolleyes Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

You make that sound like a bad thing...What the world, or at least Sosua, needs are a few (Read: many) less motocoņos!

Quote Originally Posted by questner View Post
    One life has already been lost when a motoconcho struck a yellow post at full speed around 3 am near fat Herman's. It's still seriously bent.
    Shame about the property damage though
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    You make that sound like a bad thing...What the world, or at least Sosua, needs are a few (Read: many) less motocoņos!

Shame about the property damage though
    What a callous comment about the loss of a human life.

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post

Rumor has it he drinks a little bit, from time to time....

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Let's not forget Darwin's Law!!! Nature has it's own way of keeping things in balance!!

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Intended as a bit of morbid humour but judge if you feel you must.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Rolleyes Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

Ah, rumours LOL

http://lifehacker.com/5950871/how-to...n-the-internet

Quote Originally Posted by JD426 View Post
    Rumor has it he drinks a little bit, from time to time....

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

you are long overdue for another Epic Bender, arent you... lol

and i mean that in the nicest , possible, joking, haha funny like a clown, like in GoodFellas way....

too dark ?

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not too dark for me

and i mean that in the nicest , possible, joking, haha funny like a clown, like in GoodFellas way....

too dark ?

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pictures Re: 05/2014 -Rumour, Pedro Clisante closed to vehicles from 6pm-6am from this Saturda

I doubt it but I'll probably have a glass of wine with dinner lol

too dark ?

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information