Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2014 - Siempre Sol is Closing

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Siempre Sol is Closing

If a property/bar has a lease, often in many places the business can be sold with the new owner taking over the old lease or renegotiating a new lease and also buying the FF&E and goodwill.

Many of the beach bars are sort of owned or controlled in a sort of way...subject to government intervention and forces unseen... As in many barrios where a dislinde/survey may cost as much or more as the land, land is often sold via a contract sale and no real title is transferred. I don't understand the whole process because when I started to hear about this I was not interested. Mr. Happy or other veterans here may know more about how this works. Also, I have been told everything on the beach is illegal and etc.

The sales of Sosua Beach restaurants with a contract for sale may be completely illegal, but there are listings for sale and I am completely confused about it..

http://www.sosuarentalservice.com/we...operty282.html
    Last edited by jose1234; 06-23-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    If a property/bar has a lease, often in many places the business can be sold with the new owner taking over the old lease or renegotiating a new lease and also buying the FF&E and goodwill.

Many of the beach bars are sort of owned or controlled in a sort of way...subject to government intervention and forces unseen... As in many barrios where a dislinde/survey may cost as much or more as the land, land is often sold via a contract sale and no real title is transferred. I don't understand the whole process because when I started to hear about this I was not interested. Mr. Happy or other veterans here may know more about how this works. Also, I have been told everything on the beach is illegal and etc.

The sales of Sosua Beach restaurants with a contract for sale may be completely illegal, but there are listings for sale and I am completely confused about it..

http://www.sosuarentalservice.com/we...operty282.html
    I went thru this and it can be a nightmare.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    I went thru this and it can be a nightmare.
    I didn't go through it but i've heard stories, not sure to be honest who told me but it was years ago, supposedly someone was renting from someone who they thought was the owner, paying their rent, then the lease is up and the business is booming, then all of a sudden the rent triples in price.... Then someone you thought was the owner but wasn't the owner is who you were paying rent to... Then the new owner comes in and says it's their place and you owe them back rent and future rent... Dont wanna pay, fine, but the place just may be burnt to the ground the next day or you may not be alive in the next few days, your choice, do what you like... Now what do you do???

You know what you do....? You dont own a business in DR unless you have very powerful people to back you up and have a lot of money to burn!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Many of the beach bars are sort of owned or controlled in a sort of way...subject to government intervention and forces unseen... l
    The vendor shacks are on gov't land. The feds own so many feet from the waters edge. That's why they can make them move into a Plaza if the beach makeover ever starts. That's also what dictates that there are no "private beaches".

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

A guy who had a restaurant at the Calibre Hotel seems to be the new owner/renter of the former Siempre Sol. He had told a neighboring bar owner he plans on serving pizza... So some people here might like that... Not sure what he will call the place and what other food he will serve. He is moving the bar from the back of the building to the front and making some other changes there... Not sure when they will open.. or any more info at this time... Hoping it turns out well... Its a nice spot.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information