Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2014 - Awesome, we are awesome, for the few that cut muster

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Dominican Billy throws in the towel

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    You know what I'm saying.....

(IMO many if not most newbies don't really get a chance, educated or encouraged to contribute and join in. MOST get ridiculed and have their access cut before they have any chance to learn the ropes and become a useful member.)

I bet that almost all new members (Especially those that are not paying members from the beginning) don't get a realistic chance to learn the unspoken rules before being cut off and told to fuck off....thereby alienating the vast majority of possibly valuable new posters.

The Einsteins, Hugh Hefners (NO way he was cool until he made a name for himself with Playboy), Larry Flynts and Jimmy DRs of the world would not make the cut these days and it's a shame. (AND our loss)

I'm done now...nothing to see here....as you were!
    There is enough stuff in the free area to read. Using the thank you button shows that they read things.

Joining for a year gets even more access.

They can even get involved in some of the conversations.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Awesome, we are awesome, for the few that cut muster

The two year deal is fair and anyone living in the US can use google Wallet to pay
    I can take Google Wallet and Send Invoices thru Square.

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

the 1 year and more include admission into Jimmy's stash area

E mail me at Jdrent97@gmail.com

I will need

Website Handle

and which subscription you are interested in

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,506 Times in 2,076 Posts

You know what I'm saying.....

(IMO many if not most newbies don't really get a chance, educated or encouraged to contribute and join in. MOST get ridiculed and have their access cut before they have any chance to learn the ropes and become a useful member.)

I bet that almost all new members (Especially those that are not paying members from the beginning) don't get a realistic chance to learn the unspoken rules before being cut off and told to fuck off....thereby alienating the vast majority of possibly valuable new posters.

The Einsteins, Hugh Hefners (NO way he was cool until he made a name for himself with Playboy), Larry Flynts and Jimmy DRs of the world would not make the cut these days and it's a shame. (AND our loss)

I'm done now...nothing to see here....as you were!

You are the beginning of the Ten Year club which will have many dozens over time.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Malo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seņor JDR of Medellin View Post
    But there are so many other boards where they can ask 5,000 questions and get educated.

Am I glad that actually have a real job and don't live off of income from this discussion.

I changed the title, to something you may agree with, I hope.
    I'm with Hunter here. I would've picked something more appropriate like "Koom-bay-ya, Mothafuckas!"
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

There is enough stuff in the free area to read. Using the thank you button shows that they read things.

Joining for a year gets even more access.

They can even get involved in some of the conversations.
    I have to agree with Jimmy... Everyone has something to talk about... I know I can sure start a topic on just about everything... And the guy requesting info on Medellin, said he went to Barranquilla and found a good take out place... Least he could have mentioned name, location, price, etc... Or something else he experienced there... Give and take and he didn't give anything and probably would have been good, needed, interesting things we all could have used... Im sure putting up some info and he would have got more then he wished for in return...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: 05/2014 - Dominican Billy throws in the towel

He could have but didn't.

We could have guided him a little before cutting him off cold....but didn't.

It appears that we did not make any effort to communicate and educate.

"Teach a man to fish" and all that.

Now we do not have him as a potentially good contributing member.

I'm definitely not saying anyone needs to hold his hand, give him 1000 chances and do everything for him, but it looks like we did not make any effort at all.

I believe that there are many here that needed a little assistance at the beginning and are now active members.

Did this guy ever have that chance?

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    I have to agree with Jimmy... Everyone has something to talk about... I know I can sure start a topic on just about everything... And the guy requesting info on Medellin, said he went to Barranquilla and found a good take out place... Least he could have mentioned name, location, price, etc... Or something else he experienced there... Give and take and he didn't give anything and [it] probably would have been good, needed, interesting things we all could have used... Im sure putting up some info and he would have got more then he wished for in return...
    At the end of the day it really is not that important to me, just a basic interest, but if I had a vested or financial interest in this (and I don't) I'd be insisting that we take a little time with new members and let them know what it takes to be a member in good standing and not just boot them out without making some effort. (This may be a case of my work overlapping my private life, who knows LOL)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process... (Wouldn't be the first time )
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm definitely not saying anyone needs to hold his hand, give him 1000 chances and do everything for him, but it looks like we did not make any effort at all.

I believe that there are many here that needed a little assistance at the beginning and are now active members.

)

I will tell them all to PM you so you can educate and teach them all.

A chance? The guy been here 6 months and just asks questions.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At the end of the day it really is not that important to me, just a basic interest, but if I had a vested or financial interest in this (and I don't) I'd be insisting that we take a little time with new members and let them know what it takes to be a member in good standing and not just boot them out without making some effort. (This may be a case of my work overlapping my private life, who knows LOL)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the process... (Wouldn't be the first time )
    I dont remember this one in particular, bt I hear where ya coming from... We could have said it's in the reports, or why don't you tell us about Barranquilla and we will trade info... True, though a lot do get chased away... It would benefit if he did have quality info thought, but we will never know... And, if he never bought access to TR, the boss will be losing some money... Good thing he does have another "job"... Maybe we should be a little more "tactful" aka Kevy... lol

But 6 months, no info, just questions... It's eventually time to figure it out...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I dont remember this one in particular, bt I hear where ya coming from... We could have said it's in the reports, or why don't you tell us about Barranquilla and we will trade info... True, though a lot do get chased away... It would benefit if he did have quality info thought, but we will never know... And, if he never bought access to TR, the boss will be losing some money... Good thing he does have another "job"... Maybe we should be a little more "tactful" aka Kevy... lol

But 6 months, no info, just questions... It's eventually time to figure it out...
    How but that lurker buddy you had in Meddy. A complete waste.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How but that lurker buddy you had in Meddy. A complete waste.
    Not trying to stick up for anyone, but part of it is to pay for TR access... It pays for the board to stay online, which some extra for the guy that started it all and made it happen (that's you!)... Most of us active guys have helped, or have been helped others at one time or another... Not everyone knows all about everything... Sharing and caring helps us all, even the vets... Some of the newbie lurkers, from what i've heard out of their mouths, is they feel they have nothing new to share... I tell them all we like to read reports/see pictures from everyone.. a lot of the times, when they do post a report, they turn out very useful and entertaining.. And last but very not least, being active has helped me meet many great friends from around the country...

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not trying to stick up for anyone, but part of it is to pay for TR access...
    Many are great with support but there are a few that won't give anything. Then there are those that don't know how, but once they do, they give support very fast.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Seņor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Re: 05/2014 - Awesome, we are awesome, for the few that cut muster

Just a note from the grammar nazi:

It should be 'pass muster' or 'make the cut'

No soup for you, Jimmy

And to think that it ain't even my native language....

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information