Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 06/2014 - The Countdown Begins - (The end of SOSUA!!Part II)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Re: 06/2014 - The Countdown Begins - (The end of SOSUA!!Part II)

The taxi drivers won't have a problem finding the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Unless by accident, I doubt cruise ship tourists would wind up at Blackbeards.LOL, A lot of mongerer who want to go to Blackbeards have a difficult finding the place.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    The taxi drivers won't have a problem finding the place.
    I had one last year who had a little difficulty finding the place, after making a wrong left turn, he had to ask a local for some help. Fortunately, got there just in time for the bikini contest.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Unless by accident, I doubt cruise ship tourists would wind up at Blackbeards.LOL, A lot of mongerer who want to go to Blackbeards have a difficult finding the place.

But then again, the powers that be, the decision makers who were responsible in closing down Passions, CMP and others, might think that BlackBeards is a little too close for comfort. Even though their location is somewhat remote.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Though I'm certain some enterprising politico could bring a hammer down if he/she so chose Black Beards doesn't take a slice of the girl's proceeds so technically they can't be accused of pimping. The girls aren't employees of BB. They're simply allowed on the grounds if they follow certain rules and participate in certain themed events. My guess would be that the girls themselves decided, all things considered, on what a fair price for pussy would be.

But then again, the powers that be, the decision makers who were responsible in closing down Passions, CMP and others, might think that BlackBeards is a little too close for comfort. Even though their location is somewhat remote.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun Warrior View Post
    All***********

Please do not forget it is the normal "Slow Season" anyway! Less mongers are in town on MON TUE & WED. On Thursday shit starts jumping off. Hell even 3 yrs ago in slow season, Classico's will be weak on FRI night!!! I started the thread the Countdown Begins and the MODS added (The End of Sosua). I really do not believe it will be the end. The countdown will be for the completion of;

1. The Women's Jail at the End of Pedro

- Will these fuckers start arresting chicas on the street if they are walking without a man?

- Will it be a mandatory 48HR Lock-Up

2. The completion of the New Cruise Ship Sea Port in Puerto Plata

Where will these cruise ship tourist go? You know they will be informed of the high crime!

Will the cruise ship even have day trips past Sosua into Caberete?, (Monkey Jungle, The Waterfalls, 4X4 Motorcycles the Go Cart Park) - Puerto Plata (Brugal Factory, Jewelry Factory, Haitian Town, Catholic Church, The Fort on the Malecon, The Religious Statue on the Mountain)

3. Playa Dorado gives the cruise ship tourist the items they want all on a safe and secure compound!!

- The cool move is to do combined cruise with overnights at hotels on the Playa Dorado or Lifestyles Compounds. Then they do not have to haul ass back to the ship just to eat!

All that Sosua has is Ho's and a Beach. What the fuck is so attractive about the East end of Pedro that the Minister of Tourism and the local expats think that folks will want to get off a ship, travel 20Ks to come see and risk missing manifest/boarding call? What the fuck is here in Sosua that is not in Puerto Plata and all the places in between to include beaches and a golf course on Playa Dorado?

well i think, and my thinking is not orginal, that there must be a group of organized Europeans that have big plans on moving to Sosua and the surrounding area. I say this because there are a lot of complexes in Sosua(not counting Hispanola and Casa LInda) that are VERY expensive and if you rent one, you cant bring bitches in the complex...so my thinking is who are these complexes built for? i had some boys stay in one name Aqua Blue or Green (some shyt like tht) and there were only like 5 other pple living there but the complex had many units vacant...sooo..maybe the Russians? Germans?,,,maybe a sect of Jews from Russia and Germany? IDK...maybe there are plans of them moving to Sosua and building schools, grocery stores, and restaurants..etc....increased tax revenue....more 'cultured white folks' ..no more wife beater...underwear showing....sunglass wearing weekend warriors...and if this was to happen, imagine if you are the local politicians that are in power when/if this was to happen, you can poke out ur chest and say 'i cleaned up Sosua".......maybe my theory is waaay off but somebody tell me, who else is spending all that money for those villas in sosua and they keep building them..

here they go http://sosuasunshineproperties.com/a...uablue-c1.html
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    well i think, and my thinking is not orginal, that there must be a group of organized Europeans that have big plans on moving to Sosua and the surrounding area. I say this because there are a lot of complexes in Sosua(not counting Hispanola and Casa LInda) that are VERY expensive and if you rent one, you cant bring bitches in the complex...so my thinking is who are these complexes built for? i had some boys stay in one name Aqua Blue or Green (some shyt like tht) and there were only like 5 other pple living there but the complex had many units vacant...sooo..maybe the Russians? Germans?,,,maybe a sect of Jews from Russia and Germany? IDK...maybe there are plans of them moving to Sosua and building schools, grocery stores, and restaurants..etc....increased tax revenue....more 'cultured white folks' ..no more wife beater...underwear showing....sunglass wearing weekend warriors...and if this was to happen, imagine if you are the local politicians that are in power when/if this was to happen, you can poke out ur chest and say 'i cleaned up Sosua".......maybe my theory is waaay off but somebody tell me, who else is spending all that money for those villas in sosua and they keep building them..

here they go http://sosuasunshineproperties.com/a...uablue-c1.html
    It's keeping with the title of the thread.. The end of Sosua as a mongering destination There's lots of money around that is betting on Sosua becoming a great little retirement town someday.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 52,955 Times in 9,807 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    It's keeping with the title of the thread.. The end of Sosua as a mongering destination There's lots of money around that is betting on Sosua becoming a great little retirement town someday.
    Looking at the reports going up by others, I would say there may be dozens of places that you can retire to cheaper within the country?

Jarabocoa and Nagra, to mention just two.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

From retirement standpoint...the one thing that draws people to sosua area is the strong ex-pat community.

Nagua and other towns are great, but they do lack that, and some folks are not prepared or willing to totally be out there on there own.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    From retirement standpoint...the one thing that draws people to sosua area is the strong ex-pat community.

Nagua and other towns are great, but they do lack that, and some folks are not prepared or willing to totally be out there on there own.
    For those that are, its much cheaper with plenty of fresh fish and if you jump on a GwaGwa, you an get anyplace.

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Since is all speculation...

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs. They are considering investing in some areas where they can buy up a bunch of the ocean properties and set up a middle east type village. He did tell me that the prostitution and such craziness that goes on here is not something his investors will like and that he is giving his investors a report that would indicate a thumbs down to the North Coast of the DR. The point is, however, that investors are checking out the area. In example, an extremely wealthy guy bought much of the land east of Cabarete a year ago. He is just sitting on the land. Also,, an extremely wealthy guy bought over 100 acres just west of Cabarete and is just sitting on the land. Both guys are billionaires. Maybe they just want to diversify their investments or maybe something is going on and they are slowly purchasing properties for a future flowering of the area???

However, this is my view:

1) The people that make up the laws and rules are lawyers. They want wealthy tourists to buy properties and invest here so they have more work to do and can make more money. The serious lawyers do not make much money from mongers.

2) Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs.
    People talk lots of shit.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast for some wealthy Arabs. They are considering investing in some areas where they can buy up a bunch of the ocean properties and set up a middle east type village. He did tell me that the prostitution and such craziness that goes on here is not something his investors will like and that he is giving his investors a report that would indicate a thumbs down to the North Coast of the DR. The point is, however, that investors are checking out the area. In example, an extremely wealthy guy bought much of the land east of Cabarete a year ago. He is just sitting on the land. Also,, an extremely wealthy guy bought over 100 acres just west of Cabarete and is just sitting on the land. Both guys are billionaires. Maybe they just want to diversify their investments or maybe something is going on and they are slowly purchasing properties for a future flowering of the area???

However, this is my view:

1) The people that make up the laws and rules are lawyers. They want wealthy tourists to buy properties and invest here so they have more work to do and can make more money. The serious lawyers do not make much money from mongers.

2) Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.
    1. Serious lawyers don't want anything to do with mongers.

2. 100% correct. They like it discreet, and they don't want foreigners making money with their women. I've said that for years.

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Señor JDR of Medellin View Post
    People talk lots of shit.
    99% of it is BS around here....they want to create value for themselves... Much of everything is a facade...people want to baffle us with bullshit and the smart guys/professionals do it with a smirk... No one knows and if they know...they ain't talking to us about it...

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Sosua is a national embarrassment. While Dominicans routinely fuck around a lot, they don't do it in the open and prefer to do it under cover... It sounds strange, but visible vices are not liked here.
    This!

There was a day when Sosua was full of old farts keeping the fact they were messing with chicas on the down low. I remember in Jamaica, sneaking girls out so the regular guests did not know what I was up to. Just sit in the local breakfast places these days and give a listen...most guys want to scream out loud what they are doing....and how many times.

I know plenty of Dominicans who screw around but they do it in the casas and they do it in the cloak of darkness...with the wink of an eye, nothing more.

Is anyone really surprised at what is happening to Sosua?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    This!

There was a day when Sosua was full of old farts keeping the fact they were messing with chicas on the down low. I remember in Jamaica, sneaking girls out so the regular guests did not know what I was up to. Just sit in the local breakfast places these days and give a listen...most guys want to scream out loud what they are doing....and how many times.

I know plenty of Dominicans who screw around but they do it in the casas and they do it in the cloak of darkness...with the wink of an eye, nothing more.

The Internet changed the World.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    This!

It's because old farts didn't need or seek out attention for what they were doing. Now, a younger generation is constantly seeking out attention and fame. It's a "look at me mentality", and when that becomes the norm, then any shroud of secrecy is removed. Just look at all the youtube vids on the DR about prostitution as a whole, and Sosua specifically.

Of course, there are exceptions. Cuba Dave being the main "old fart" that comes to mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

I had a guy stay at my hotel last year that told me in confidence that he is checking out the North Coast .......

Wait a minute, he "told you in confidence" and your posting it here????

Remind me to never have a conversation with you about anything other than maybe sports or the weather.

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post
    Wait a minute, he "told you in confidence" and your posting it here????

Remind me to never have a conversation with you about anything other than maybe sports or the weather.
    If I were told something that broke some confidence I would not say it. I can keep a real secret. It was bullshit... That is the point... A guy coming here and staying at a rinky dink hotel and he is really going to be the influence-r for a whole movement and development a future Arab community in Cabarete? Really? You believe that EricS? I think not... Most nights I saw him drinking like a fish in Cabarete and kiteboarding and surfing during the day. I guess his Muslim god does not see in the Dominican Republic. In any case, if it were true he told me at the end he would say no to the whole idea...so its a mute point over one year later when there has not been one Arab Muslim to be seen around... I was also told by a Dominican Ambassador that the Danilo administration was going to build a nuclear power plant here and power on the island would greatly improve. Not one news story about Nuclear power has been published or talked about since. I am certainly glad I did not invest in Duke Energy after I heard his whisper of the name like he was giving me golden secret knowledge... Oh? Did I blow another vow confidence? I guess I did. But all these guys see me and they just have to tell me these secrets... I must have a certain look of stupid expat that they feel compelled to tell me these things... I must be "the most interesting man" jajajaja...

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

If I were told something that broke some confidence I would not say it. I can keep a real secret. It was bullshit... That is the point... A guy coming here and staying at a rinky dink hotel and he is really going to be the influence-r for a whole movement and development a future Arab community in Cabarete? Really? You believe that EricS? I think not... Most nights I saw him drinking like a fish in Cabarete and kiteboarding and surfing during the day. I guess his Muslim god does not see in the Dominican Republic. In any case, if it were true he told me at the end he would say no to the whole idea...so its a mute point over one year later when there has not been one Arab Muslim to be seen around... I was also told by a Dominican Ambassador that the Danilo administration was going to build a nuclear power plant here and power on the island would greatly improve. Not one news story about Nuclear power has been published or talked about since. I am certainly glad I did not invest in Duke Energy after I heard his whisper of the name like he was giving me golden secret knowledge... Oh? Did I blow another vow confidence? I guess I did. But all these guys see me and they just have to tell me these secrets... I must have a certain look of stupid expat that they feel compelled to tell me these things... I must be "the most interesting man" jajajaja...
    Hey, I don't want to get in a long drawn out thing with you. It just struck me as odd when YOU said in your post "He told me in confidence....."
    I guess we just have a different understanding of what "in confidence" means. No problem.

So great weather today in the northeast. and how about those Mets! (:-)

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post
    . It just struck me as odd when YOU said in your post "He told me in confidence....."
    I guess we just have a different understanding of what "in confidence" means. No problem.

So great weather today in the northeast. and how about those Mets! (:-)
    If a Bullshitter tells you something in confidence, its yours to do with.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Señor JDR of Medellin For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information