Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 03/2015 - El Flow Closed Down

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 100 Posts

03/2015 - El Flow Closed Down

El Flow, or whatever it is called these days, was closed down tonight.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Re: El Flow Closed Down

Do you know if it was just an ordinary closure (such as for renovations, or for lack of patrons), or closed by the authorities for some reason? Is there a "Clausurado" sticker on the door?

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,100 Times in 634 Posts

Is El Flow the one with tables on the sidewalk, directly across from Rumbas and beside the cigar bar?

If it is, there have been a handful of bullet clotheslines handed out to its patrons in the last 2 years.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to madvillian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Think it is the Premium Lounge now. It has a BYOB history (Bring Your Own Bullets). More popular with locals than others. Think they just renovated within the last year, put a disco in the back.
    I'll be there tonight, will see for myself (glad to be able to say that again!)

Quote Originally Posted by madvillian View Post
    Is El Flow the one with tables on the sidewalk, directly across from Rumbas and beside the cigar bar?

If it is, there have been a handful of bullet clotheslines handed out to its patrons in the last 2 years.

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Authorities. Plenty of Policia Nacional.

Not sure about the sticker; walked by as it was un-folding.

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Do you know if it was just an ordinary closure (such as for renovations, or for lack of patrons), or closed by the authorities for some reason? Is there a "Clausurado" sticker on the door?

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Think it is the Premium Lounge now. It has a BYOB history (Bring Your Own Bullets). More popular with locals than others. Think they just renovated within the last year, put a disco in the back.
    I'll be there tonight, will see for myself (glad to be able to say that again!)
    That disco in the back has actually been there at least 3 years and was already there when the last renovation occurred.

It is a popular place with the Dominican crowd and fights happen there quite often especially with the young men who over indulge to much there.

As some have mentioned it has also been the seen of several shootings over the years.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

I think the authorities did not like having such a bar in the middle of town. They have used the excuse that they knowingly allow people with weapons into the bar...or at least not checking.

It is what I gleaned, using my very poor Spanish, from this article about it.

(Article in Spanish)

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-...-antiguo-flow/

Translated by Google

Friday afternoon a police contingent led by several supervisors and inspectors Coba, ordered the closure of fun Premium Bar, formerly known as El Flow, located across the street pedro Clisante.

The operation was led by Felix Parra, provincial supervisor of COBA, who in turn was accompanied by inspectors, Orlando Sierra and Julio Martinez, among others, who reported that the decision was taken due to the constant bloody events that occur in Inside the bar which has a small nightclub inside and endangering the lives of the people who come there to have fun.

It is known that between 14 July 2014 and February, two shootings were staged inside the business where their separate two young received multiple gunshot wounds without business owners could explain how it is possible that safety the place they are stationed at the only door and checked even with specialized supposedly all who enter, have allowed the entry of armed people who hurt and endangered the lives of dozens of tourists and locals who were there teams.

It is recalled that there was gunned Luis Barbarian, among other important facts.
    Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

C.I.S.O.C.

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Yes, I think they concluded that the odds were high that the next person shot would be a tourist. The question now is where are all the older expats who have recently taken to sitting out in front of the place scoping out the scene going to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    I think the authorities did not like having such a bar in the middle of town. They have used the excuse that they knowingly allow people with weapons into the bar...or at least not checking.

It is what I gleaned, using my very poor Spanish, from this article about it.

(Article in Spanish)

http://www.detrasdelrumor.com.do/en-...-antiguo-flow/

Translated by Google

Friday afternoon a police contingent led by several supervisors and inspectors Coba, ordered the closure of fun Premium Bar, formerly known as El Flow, located across the street pedro Clisante.

The operation was led by Felix Parra, provincial supervisor of COBA, who in turn was accompanied by inspectors, Orlando Sierra and Julio Martinez, among others, who reported that the decision was taken due to the constant bloody events that occur in Inside the bar which has a small nightclub inside and endangering the lives of the people who come there to have fun.

It is known that between 14 July 2014 and February, two shootings were staged inside the business where their separate two young received multiple gunshot wounds without business owners could explain how it is possible that safety the place they are stationed at the only door and checked even with specialized supposedly all who enter, have allowed the entry of armed people who hurt and endangered the lives of dozens of tourists and locals who were there teams.

It is recalled that there was gunned Luis Barbarian, among other important facts.

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The thinning of the ranks (bars) continues.

Who is next? Somebody needs to set up a poll.
    Only four other major places available for shut-down (Rumba, Merengue, Bar Central, Rancho Tipico.)

P.S.: Over half way there when counting Passions, CMP, Latinos, D'Latin, and now El Flow.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Supermercado Zoilo.

They can't shut that down. Or can they?

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Yes, I think they concluded that the odds were high that the next person shot would be a tourist. The question now is where are all the older expats who have recently taken to sitting out in front of the place scoping out the scene going to go.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wayne1967 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

You got that right. They have taken over that place. The only problem is there won't be enough places to sit. As to watching hoes, there are quite a few hoes that live in and around there.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne1967 View Post
    Supermercado Zoilo.

They can't shut that down. Or can they?

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

That was my favorite Disco.. .the place was loud ( in the back) but it had a really nice vibe to it .
    . Very bummed about this.. Gonna really miss that place, hoping maybe its not permanent.

25. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I suppose Orlando (the old owner) is glad he sold and moved down the road.

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: El Flow Closed Down

Where is Orlando hanging his hat now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    I suppose Orlando (the old owner) is glad he sold and moved down the road.
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,868 Times in 4,610 Posts

I liked El Flow as a place to chill for a drink of two from time to time. My last trip it was where I'd hang to get away to gather my thoughts away from the more gringo packed places. Plus it was a nice place to take a chica to do lil bachata y merenque on the way to the room.
    Me gusta mujeres mas oscuro que yo.

31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to el toro For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

What about the El Flow dog? Did they take it away or will it starve to death. Either way residents at Sosua Suites will be happy......

33. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    Where is Orlando hanging his hat now?
    He opened El Patio Familiar down the road a bit (The fruit stand and restaurant on PC)

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Premium Disco Bar & Café (El Flow)

After reading this thread I went to the Premium Disco Bar & Café to see if there was an official notice posted giving the reason for the closure but I found none. I took pictures and could see no official notification from the government.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

when mi was in Sosua years ago.......ElFlow was mi hangout every night....they had the best looking Chica bartender that mi have ever seen to this day.....
    ElfFlow had really good eye candy, cheap beers(50 Pesos) and drinks and good music...even though some patrons had pistolas in der waist....
    but mi was taking a walk on da wild side then.....Sosua is a far cry from when mi was der last mi guess...too bad....trying to walk the gauntlet of Chicas down PC was fun.......
    dem sticking der boobs in your face.......and promising the best time of your life for all night at $1,500 pesos.....please bring back dem days....

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I remember one bartender from there that would fit your description. I think she was Orlando's sister from Sabaneta. She was a 5'7" brick house. Must of weighed about 145 lbs though it was hard to tell because every inch was distributed perfectly. I truly can't think of another bartender anywhere I've been that was sexier than her. She ended up marrying a young cat from NYC and is probably now there. Every time I saw them together I thought ain't no way he's going to be able to handle that girl because every guy who sees her in NYC is going to try to go after her. She was a special beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    when mi was in Sosua years ago.......ElFlow was mi hangout every night....they had the best looking Chica bartender that mi have ever seen to this day.....
    ElfFlow had really good eye candy, cheap beers(50 Pesos) and drinks and good music...even though some patrons had pistolas in der waist....
    but mi was taking a walk on da wild side then.....Sosua is a far cry from when mi was der last mi guess...too bad....trying to walk the gauntlet of Chicas down PC was fun.......
    dem sticking der boobs in your face.......and promising the best time of your life for all night at $1,500 pesos.....please bring back dem days....

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information