• Victorian House

1 5.56%
  • Dpiero

0 0%
  • Other Hotel that I will add

3 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05/2015 - Which Sosua Hotel has the best wifi ??

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

Re: 05/2015 - Which Sosua Hotel has the best wifi ??

Quote Originally Posted by Irie View Post
    I can't connect or I'd send a screenshot. I found this on the internet which appears accurate from what I recall. It has info for both Claro and Orange.

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.c...nican_Republic
    thank you Irie.
    Looking at it, it appears that you have a very low limit though... having this thing is not really appropriate if you are streaming movies and so on...
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElCristo View Post
    thank you Irie.
    Looking at it, it appears that you have a very low limit though... having this thing is not really appropriate if you are streaming movies and so on...

Yeah, it can be very costly for streaming anything. It's convenient for emails, whatsapp, messenger, etc. though.
    Vida es buena....

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,004 Times in 1,005 Posts

Hey XXX,

You should ask your friend if bandwidth or speed is important for his work as well.

Having a good connection is one thing.... But having a slow upload speed is akin to shaving with a tweezer
    If you don't do it, someone else will!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MH16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Much thanks for starting this thread

Based on the information from her and hotel reviews on hotel.com and even hotel review here Casa Valeria is my choice.

Unfortunately, I will be on the computer from 9 to 5 daily by the pool or in my room so wireless is important. Also, this hotel seems to not be a party hotel like say NG which will make my work effort more realistic.

My goal is to get a chica for the day the night before so i can has some company while I am hard at work.

What are the closest clubs and bars from Casa Valeria so I can read those threads?

I will be there from Aug 22 through Aug 30 if anyone needs a wingman.

Peace,
    Flukyluke

Quote Originally Posted by XXX View Post
    I'm trying to help out a guy(board member) making his first trip to sosua,,,,,,,

He was going to stay at sosua Suites,,,but I told him for what he would pay there I'd rather stay at Casa Valeria or Don Antonio,,,,

But then he told me that This will be a Work/mongering trip,,,, and he needs to work and be logged on from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM each day,,,,THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT,,,,,

Wifi is not the end all be all for me,,,,,,but for guys that do most of there work online, or work from home and can travel,,,this could be helpful to them,,,

So my question for him is Which hotel in your opinion offers the best, and most reliable internet wifi connection,,,,,,,

I didn't want to list every hotel in Sosua,, just a few I'd recommend for a first timer,,,,,,So, I'll list a few hotels,,,,,and if you think of another than just post a reply about it,,,,,

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to flukyluke For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flukyluke View Post
    Much thanks for starting this thread

Based on the information from her and hotel reviews on hotel.com and even hotel review here Casa Valeria is my choice.

Unfortunately, I will be on the computer from 9 to 5 daily by the pool or in my room so wireless is important. Also, this hotel seems to not be a party hotel like say NG which will make my work effort more realistic.

My goal is to get a chica for the day the night before so i can has some company while I am hard at work.

What are the closest clubs and bars from Casa Valeria so I can read those threads?

I will be there from Aug 22 through Aug 30 if anyone needs a wingman.

Peace,
    Flukyluke

No problem Fluky,,,,,,,

Casa Valeria is a good choice,,,,,and is very quiet, even though you are right around the corner from everything.

Around the pool is very quiet as well ,, and I have seen many people out there reading or using there laptops,,,,,

As far as the Bars and clubs,,,,,,,,,You simply take a left as you walk out of the Casa Valeria,,, and walk to the next intersection,,,,,,,
    At that intersection ,,," The Strip" starts on your right,,,,,,,

going left at that intersection eventually takes you down to "Rancho Tipico and a few other places,,,,,

A couple of good threads to read to get you a little more familiar with Sosua is Camaros Sosua synopsis,,,,

and Shogun Warriors may sosua update,,,,,,,,I will post the links below,,,,

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...2015&highlight=

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...pdate-May-2015
    " Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

No problem Fluky,,,,,,,

Casa Valeria is a good choice,,,,,and is very quiet, even though you are right around the corner from everything.

Around the pool is very quiet as well ,, and I have seen many people out there reading or using there laptops,,,,,

As far as the Bars and clubs,,,,,,,,,You simply take a left as you walk out of the Casa Valeria,,, and walk to the next intersection,,,,,,,

going left at that intersection eventually takes you down to "Rancho Tipico and a few other places,,,,,

A couple of good threads to read to get you a little more familiar with Sosua is Camaros Sosua synopsis,,,,

always appreciate the updates of on the ground intel, good lookin' out XXX

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,517 Times in 10,205 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minkyboodle View Post
    always appreciate the updates of on the ground intel, good lookin' out XXX

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When i click on the links below i get a message that I do not have permission to access the page.

Do I need to pay for access to see those links? Are any of you paying members? There is a lot of areas of this site I cannot seel

Flukyluke

No problem Fluky,,,,,,,

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flukyluke For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

When i click on the links below i get a message that I do not have permission to access the page.

Do I need to pay for access to see those links? Are any of you paying members? There is a lot of areas of this site I cannot seel

Flukyluke
    A few 100 are paying members

I accept Google wallet

Jdrent97@gmail.com

3 days is $8.00

1 Month is $12.00

3 Months is $25.00

6 Months is $40

1 yr is $60

2 yr is $90

3 yr is $115

5 yr is $250

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Flukyluke

You might want to consider getting some paid access as the information that is available will be of great value to you as you get ready for your first trip to the DR
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distantvoyeur View Post
    Never had a problem at New Garden or Casa Cayena. Sosua Suites was a problem the first time I was there but Rick added a router and was good
    Others dunno, not stayed there yet.
    Casa Cayena always works for me....

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Orange mini hotspot WIFI box

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    WIFI - Sosua Hotels

First let me say I love Victoria House and everything the owner did for me during my many stays but honestly speaking WIFI is sporadic at best, therefore I could not recommend it if WIFI was a deal breaker unless something has changed. Casa Valeria, New Garden and Casa Cayena had good WIFI as I can recall. I cannot speak to the other hotels listed.

I currently use a Orange mini hotspot WIFI box which is small enough to carry with me where ever I go. I paid 3300 pesos for the box and 900 pesos a month for the service. I do not know the speed but it does well for surfing the internet although sometimes I am a bit slow when I view videos on YouTube. I believe I have the slowest speed and probably could upgrade for an increased monthly rate.

The Orange or Claro hot spot may or may not be a good idea for a 1 time traveler to the Dominican Republic but for someone who comes frequently and is in need of a definite connection the investment might be worth it.

Click to see pic
    Camaro1257, thanks for this information. I am not taking any vacation during my week in Sousa so a good computer connection is essential. I want to pay the money and get a set up like this to ensure I have the connection I need to dial into my job from my room or from the pool area.

Where would i be able to purchase this setup when I arrive? Is this something I can get at the airport of will i need to purchase in town? The name of the store would also be appreciated if needed.

Thanks much,
    Flukyluke

I will be there the last week of August 2015

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flukyluke For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,916 Times in 219 Posts

Re: Orange mini hotspot WIFI box

Camaro1257, thanks for this information. I am not taking any vacation during my week in Sousa so a good computer connection is essential. I want to pay the money and get a set up like this to ensure I have the connection I need to dial into my job from my room or from the pool area.

Where would i be able to purchase this setup when I arrive? Is this something I can get at the airport of will i need to purchase in town? The name of the store would also be appreciated if needed.

Thanks much,
    Flukyluke

I will be there the last week of August 2015
    Dont know how recent was your stay @ Victorian House regarding Wi-Fi, but recently Victorian House wi-fi worked every day in the rooms , no problems. As far as pool area which Has that Awsome view, wi- Fi seemed to be up..

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dvdmdz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,485 Times in 527 Posts

1. we have good wi fi at the palms www.sosuavacationrentals.com

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to donquixote For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Agree with that. Strong in every room and most importantly..... strong on the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by donquixote View Post
    1. we have good wi fi at the palms www.sosuavacationrentals.com

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information