Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 11/2016 - Ahnvee Resort in Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Re: 11/2016 - Ahnvee Resort in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    They are open now. The first restaurant is supposed to open to the public now also,I'll try it this week.
    Pictures os the food posted were not impressive. Especially after claiming to be one of the best steak houses in the WORLD!
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgunz View Post
    Pictures os the food posted were not impressive. Especially after claiming to be one of the best steak houses in the WORLD!

In my best Paulie Walnuts impression..

“ Did you hear what I said to him over there .. I says to him , you could send an 8 year old to the Buffet at Casa Marina, and he would come back to the table with a better looking “ Apple Salad” than that “

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

153.00 a night for sosua is high. The photos of the inside look. I've. I just want to know who is going to stay there at that rate? Looking forward to a review in future...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Excuse my ignorance, I don't keep up on the Sosua threads all that much. Wasn't Victoria House doing pre purchase deals? Or was that something that ended a while ago? Did anyone get stuck and lose $$$$$?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

it looked to me like those pics were an afterthought, after the person had already started eating. At least the steak and then the desert......shitty photography did not help their cause.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I don't keep up on the Sosua threads all that much. Wasn't Victoria House doing pre purchase deals? Or was that something that ended a while ago? Did anyone get stuck and lose $$$$$?
    Not that I know of. And the guys from VH have a hand in the new resort. I think I heard some reservation may have been transferred over there. But dont quote me on that.

They are straight shooters. IMO. The bad thing is the staff went with them. As we all know thievery was an issue...

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    it looked to me like those pics were an afterthought, after the person had already started eating. At least the steak and then the desert......shitty photography did not help their cause.
    Salad dresssing in a little plastic cup on the plate. Doesnt scream 5 star anything. I certainly dont see a michelin star anytime in thier future. Lol..

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    153.00 a night for sosua is high.
    Looks more like $180 a night with taxes. Personally, if I were going to spend that kind of money, it would not be in Sosua. And, especially not being on the water.

I checked the website and the rooms seem to be getting booked for the near future. Has Jimmy contacted them about an ISOC discount??

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

They offered to transfer my VH reservation over with no additional payment required. There were two problems. One, there's no way I could stay at a place that only allowed one chick a day. Two, they were scheduled to open the day after my arrival and based on what I saw there was no way they were going to make that date. Now here they are finally opening two weeks later. It would have been a disaster for me. I did though get a full refund.

Not that I know of. And the guys from VH have a hand in the new resort. I think I heard some reservation may have been transferred over there. But dont quote me on that.

They are straight shooters. IMO. The bad thing is the staff went with them. As we all know thievery was an issue...

18. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

They have a hand in the new Ahnvee resort or the Sousa Bay hotel?

Is the Sousa Bay still in business?
    If she is alive, she will fuck.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

They have a hand in Ahnvee. Most of the VH staff moved there. Sosua Bay now goes by the name Bellamar. I stayed there my last trip. The room was smaller than the apartment I usually rented at VH yet it worked out well. I read on another site that beginning this month the Bellamar will also manage VH. I'm hoping so because I really like the apartments at VH.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 76,190 Times in 8,046 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    They have a hand in Ahnvee. Most of the VH staff moved there. Sosua Bay now goes by the name Bellamar. I stayed there my last trip. The room was smaller than the apartment I usually rented at VH yet it worked out well. I read on another site that beginning this month the Bellamar will also manage VH. I'm hoping so because I really like the apartments at VH.
    Hope so also!

I love staying there with awesome views and the proximity to the beach.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tiger For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post

Sosua Bay is now the Bellamar ..
    And least ONE guy I saw from the old staff at VH is now at Bellamar.. they had shared the Front desk for a while, then VH got their own " office" near that gate which was opened .
    but i aint going to dig all my negative experience back up.
    but seems to be Same people , wearing diff hats now at both places
    .. Should be most interesting what shakes out at Ahnvee..

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    just make sure you count the $ in your safe, every night.. and good luck with that .

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

So the DQuick management team lost their contract? They are totally OUT of VH?

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    I dont know if lost thier contract is the correct term. Maybe were bought out and moved on to a bigger endeavour.. Duick may be crazy, but hes not stupid. Big difference!

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

I was never allowed to speak to any member of a MANAGEMENT Team, when they were supposedly still in charge.. nor got any emails , nor call backs , nothing… total silence .
    It seems to me the STAFF & Security manager , were RUNNING the place, the way they wanted to.. with all the shenanigans that entails .. . seemed then, and seems more so NOW either management lost control of the place, or just walked away..
    Unless someone has another explanation???..
    Was told Dquick was in China and NO longer part of managing team. So no reason to bother the man, he is entitled to his Privacy.. not his job any longer .
    But I had never seen anything like it .. anywhere .a complete Cluster F.

Other hotels , you can approach an Owner or at least a Manager .. ANY hotel in Sosua, u can pretty much do this .. but not at VH. Its like the chickens were running the place and the Roosters were all gone .

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

Thats why I like Sosua Sunrise/Casa Cayena.. Wilfried will get an earful if something is off the rails and he will fix it.
    Obe is also super competent at Las Palmeras.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CentralNJDude View Post
    Thats why I like Sosua Sunrise/Casa Cayena.. Wilfried will get an earful if something is off the rails and he will fix it.
    Obe is also super competent at Las Palmeras.
    I agree on Sosua Sunrise; I stayed there a couple of times and I enjoy the place. Wilfried runs it well, and though he's gruff, he's a good guy.

My last trip, (March 2014) I stayed at Victoria House ... that was the trip that went to hell in a bucket, when I spent two nights in the Cabarete Medical Center. I loved the view, but by the end of the trip, I was feeling wistful for Sosua Sunrise.

Maybe I'll do a Sosua trip this summer ... and if I do, I'll go to Wilfried's place.
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

I went to the Crave restaurant at Ahnvee recently. The food was very good but outrageously expensive. Three people,one drink per person,one appetizer per person,one side per person,and ribeye steak for an entree and dessert,15,000 pesos!!! The ribeye was 2250 pesos and was no more than a quarter inch thick,what a ripoff,if your going to charge me 50 bucks for a steak give me a real steak not a paper thin one.

38. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    I went to the Crave restaurant at Ahnvee recently. The food was very good but outrageously expensive. Three people,one drink per person,one appetizer per person,one side per person,and ribeye steak for an entree and dessert,15,000 pesos!!! The ribeye was 2250 pesos and was no more than a quarter inch thick,what a ripoff,if your going to charge me 50 bucks for a steak give me a real steak not a paper thin one.
    WOW

Do they bring an ATM to your table so you can pay for dinner.

With prices like that I don't see them getting anyone that is not a guest going there but perhaps that is the plan

I take it this restaurant is not included in the all inclusive plan

Seems when you read between the lines the only meals included with the room are breakfast?

Also appears the drinks included are pretty limited as well

I do hope they do well but just don't see a real formula for success developing at this point but perhaps it will get better as they evolve and get fully under operation
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information