Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 01/2017 - New Year's Eve and forward in Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,482 Times in 10,191 Posts

Re: 01/2017 - New Year's Eve and forward in Sosua

Quote Originally Posted by quietcorner911 View Post
    El Conde is my go to spot for dinner,I've eaten there dozens of times. Other than the high end expensive places like Bologña El Conde has the best food in Sosua,he does a remarkable business there especially considering he is a stones throw from Baileys,I'll never understand why that place does so well.

I really like this place,,,,,

I ate their 3 times my last trip,,,,,

Their salads are very good,,,,,

And the menu selections are great,,,,,

And as I mentioned before(and jd66 agreed with me),,,,,,,,

The little flaca that works their is very cute,,,,,,,

I'd love to have her for dessert ,,,,,,,,,

This was the Thai curry chicken dish ,,,,,,,,DELICIOUS ,,,,,

Yes,,,,,I eat this dish at MANY restaurants,,,,,,,

" Expect The Best, Be Prepared For The Worst, Fuck What Others Think, And Do Your Own Thing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to XXX For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

I love those Plates too...
    NOT a speck of FOOD GETS AWAY..

Get in MAAA BELLLLLLYYYYYY...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

We're on the same page.

The more things change the more they stay the same....yet each and every year things decline a little. 2%, 3% 5%?

Things are almost nothing like they were in 2004 and 2005. 2006 was a good year but already post peak. By 2007 the decline had obviously set in and it's been steadily downhill ever since. 10 years later I can say that I'm thrilled not to be chained to a business in the DR. Freedom and choices cannot be overstated.

La Finca is excellent and to me slightly better than El Conde. It depends on the specials....and the little spinner at El Conde is like that with EVERYONE. My buddy who has lived in Sosua "forever"known her for years, is fluent in Spanish and, and, and ....was convinced that she had a thing for me.....but nothing when I probed. I believe that she is "married with children" and not in the game yet plays a GREAT game.

Osteria Toscana is about the best restaurant in Sosua and definitely on the PC strip.

There are many but most of my best meals have been there.

In no particular order after Osteria

Osteria
    *Ottimo
    Elephante Rosso
    *New Garden
    *Bologna
    Orchidee
    El Conde
    La Finca
    Maura Mai

You simply will not go wrong at any of them.

There are many others worthy of a visit per trip

There are many that I would NEVER eat in like Sinatra's and some that change names quarterly....

But those 9 have never failed me. 5 Italian and 5 "Continental"

*Casa Valeria is generally good but not necessarily outstanding. I've had some excellent meals there and some.....not so great
    *Scotch & Sirloin can also be decent, if grossly overpriced at times. It's Like Terra Linda Hotel (Which it is a part of). I have never stayed there but have hooked a few guys up there once upon a time and know many have stayed there yet they consistently have fucked with people over room prices.

I enjoy breakfast there at S&R except on weekends when the early bird special disappears and prices are double or more what the food is worth. They've caught me twice, my bad, but they are off my list....

Those with an * are great for breakfast except S&R on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Summertime it is very slow, as I think it always is. Probably slower than it used to be, and I bet much more so compared to June 2010.

If you drive into town now in the afternoon, especially on Thursday to Sunday, you see a lot of lost souls hanging on the street corner outside ChezMonreal. All seem to be pondering, "what the hell do I do now that Rumba is closed?" hehe The town does look really bad in the bright afternoon sun, what with the dried up palm trees and boarded up restaurants/bars. Your friends are probably right, times are really slow. I wonder what it will be like in August and September?

the El Conde restaurant is still doing good business. Whenever I have gone by the Finca, summer or winter, it seems to be empty - although I have read good things about it on ISOC

Osteria Toscana now has pizza, and it is really good.

Click to see pic

Water is great for swimming, and some pretty chicas still around (and some not so pretty!)

Click to see pic
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Jotie Aga was his name.

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    BTW, a young, (36 year old???) black guy, American, dropped dead today in Sosua..... in front of Moura Mai this morning, jogging. R. I. P.

Condolences to his friends and family.

It was quite hot and humid today.

I have no more details, yet except that the assumption was that it was either heatstroke or drugs as he was not known to drink.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Summertime it is very slow, as I think it always is. Probably slower than it used to be, and I bet much more so compared to June 2010.

If you drive into town now in the afternoon, especially on Thursday to Sunday, you see a lot of lost souls hanging on the street corner outside ChezMonreal. All seem to be pondering, "what the hell do I do now that Rumba is closed?" hehe The town does look really bad in the bright afternoon sun, what with the dried up palm trees and boarded up restaurants/bars. Your friends are probably right, times are really slow. I wonder what it will be like in August and September?

the El Conde restaurant is still doing good business. Whenever I have gone by the Finca, summer or winter, it seems to be empty - although I have read good things about it on ISOC

Osteria Toscana now has pizza, and it is really good.

Click to see pic

Water is great for swimming, and some pretty chicas still around (and some not so pretty!)

Click to see pic
    Where is El Conde restaurant?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,791 Times in 353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    Where is El Conde restaurant?
    On the corner across from Bon Ice Cream...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    We're on the same page.

The more things change the more they stay the same....yet each and every year things decline a little. 2%, 3% 5%?

Things are almost nothing like they were in 2004 and 2005. 2006 was a good year but already post peak. By 2007 the decline had obviously set in and it's been steadily downhill ever since. 10 years later I can say that I'm thrilled not to be chained to a business in the DR. Freedom and choices cannot be overstated.

La Finca is excellent and to me slightly better than El Conde. It depends on the specials....and the little spinner at El Conde is like that with EVERYONE. My buddy who has lived in Sosua "forever"known her for years, is fluent in Spanish and, and, and ....was convinced that she had a thing for me.....but nothing when I probed. I believe that she is "married with children" and not in the game yet plays a GREAT game.

Osteria Toscana is about the best restaurant in Sosua and definitely on the PC strip.

There are many but most of my best meals have been there.

In no particular order after Osteria

Osteria
    *Ottimo
    Elephante Rosso
    *New Garden
    *Bologna
    Orchidee
    El Conde
    La Finca
    Maura Mai

You simply will not go wrong at any of them.

There are many others worthy of a visit per trip

There are many that I would NEVER eat in like Sinatra's and some that change names quarterly....

But those 9 have never failed me. 5 Italian and 5 "Continental"

*Casa Valeria is generally good but not necessarily outstanding. I've had some excellent meals there and some.....not so great
    *Scotch & Sirloin can also be decent, if grossly overpriced at times. It's Like Terra Linda Hotel (Which it is a part of). I have never stayed there but have hooked a few guys up there once upon a time and know many have stayed there yet they consistently have fucked with people over room prices.

I enjoy breakfast there at S&R except on weekends when the early bird special disappears and prices are double or more what the food is worth. They've caught me twice, my bad, but they are off my list....

Those with an * are great for breakfast except S&R on weekends.
    Sounds like a wife

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information