Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Re: 03/2017 - RUMBA BAR

Looks ready but still not open. Plenty of work going on next door where Latin drink was. This side of the street is looking much better and I'm guessing in a few months all the traffic might move to that side of the street. That's if they let these new places become bars / clubs. From the looks of it, Rumba is definitely set up as a restaurant.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

It's pretty obvious the direction Sosua is going in now. They don't want any additional bars or discos / clubs. I don't think they want to totally eliminate the night life. That would bankrupt and put Sosua out of business. But they definitely want to keep the night life very contained and limited.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Meat View Post
    Looks ready but still not open. Plenty of work going on next door where Latin drink was. This side of the street is looking much better and I'm guessing in a few months all the traffic might move to that side of the street. That's if they let these new places become bars / clubs. From the looks of it, Rumba is definitely set up as a restaurant.
    There are no more new bars being opened. All must be restaurants. The old Latin Drink which you see under renos will be a food court.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,350 Times in 2,668 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    There are no more new bars being opened. All must be restaurants. The old Latin Drink which you see under renos will be a food court.
    The Diamond Club (I think that is the name) is a new bar opened on Pedro Clisante, on the 2nd floor in the plaza across the street from the Jolly Roger. Very nice on the inside, with smoked plate glass panel windows overlooking courtyard below and the street. Airconditioned. A small presidente is 150 pesos. Latin music. Setup similar to the old Spot.

They have a very small food menu so I guess they classify as a restaurant.

It is a good date place but who does that in Sosua? Once slow season comes I dont think they will get many customers but you never know.

As Mr. Happy says, the eternal optimist.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    Has anyone ever made an effort to count the actual number of bars in Sosua? Must be at least 50 on the beach itself for daytime action. In town, probably another 35 or 40, when including the hotel bars.

I think for most of us, we all have our select handful that we keep going back to over and over again because we like the staff, the price of drinks, the owner or the chicas that hang out there. The only one I really miss that isn't around anymore is the old Shark Bar when Lou ran it. It was in a perfect location, a spot for the bros to hang out, watch the game, shoot the shit with Lou, and enjoy the low key compania with any chicas that happened to come by.

Will always remain one of my favorites.

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

I am in sosua now. Lots of changes since I was here last. I talked to one of the guys at Rumba and he said they are waiting for some type
    of paperwork which should hopefully be back in 1-2 weeks. I am at a new spot the Jar jar is running to get manicure and pedicure now. It is pretty much here. Free Hennessy during visit and AC...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pics from Rumba
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    Pics from Rumba
    it looks like Bourbon St II.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Guthrie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
    it looks like Bourbon St II.
    Bourbon Street has a very 'hollow' feel to it imo. Due to its size, it feels like your hanging in an aircraft hangar. I walk all by every morning while the girls are cleaning up to their music. The acoustics are terrible.

Rumbas II doesn't seem to be the same. Of course we'll see once they open and have clientele.
    Vida es buena....

17. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Rumba is finally open for business. Not sure for how long.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Sounds like it will be nothing like the Rumba that we all remember though

A restaurant and some kind of sports bar is what they are saying it is now without the chicas.

Unless the food is good doesn't sound like much a place worth hanging out in if the chicas are not allowed in.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I saw a video my friend sent me yesterday from the guy that does BBQ at Rumba. He said it was now open. Anyone on the ground can confirm?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Seems like they would ultimately be better served to change the name of the place.

People see that Rumba is open and they think it is the same old place we all knew from the past but my understanding is the new place is nothing like the old Rumba.

Just another place to eat now. Hopefully the food is good.

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

I passed by yesterday afternoon. Rumba was open for business, but they were empty! It won't be easy without the chicas. The name is just not enough to bring the fellas in. Good luck!!!

27. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Seems like they would ultimately be better served to change the name of the place.

People see that Rumba is open and they think it is the same old place we all knew from the past but my understanding is the new place is nothing like the old Rumba.

Just another place to eat now. Hopefully the food is good.
    may have even been able to open sooner

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Sounds like it will be nothing like the Rumba that we all remember though

A restaurant and some kind of sports bar is what they are saying it is now without the chicas.

Unless the food is good doesn't sound like much a place worth hanging out in if the chicas are not allowed in.

Then meet a chica somewhere else and bring her there. If, as you hope, the food is good, then it should be a good alternative to the other spots nearby.

I would bet their prices for whatever they are serving is a lot cheaper than Bourbon across the street. Chez Montreal is also just a restaurant and not a place that chicas hang out, at least thats been my observation when I was there, aside from either being accompanied by a gringo or the same one's just hanging around outside.

Sosua is just not for mongers and if the mongers decide not to go there, it doesn't mean that the other majority of people living there seasonally or permanently, wouldn't go there to give it a shot.

I might stop in next week to see what's up.

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread Information